Tom Tom GPS Devices

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Veteran member

The 2009 Magellan update covers most of the streets south of 466.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpup View Post
Although I agree with you about price shopping on the web I have several colleagues from work who purchased extended warranties with their GPS units at Best Buy and they are really glad they did! One unit was dropped and the screen died as a result; no problem, Best Buy replaced it with a new unit. Another unit wouldn't power up, again Best Buy replaced it with a new unit. Another time the charger port broke and again they replaced the unit. My friend Donna has had her GPS replaced 3 times by Best Buy. (We use our GPS devices everyday, all day for work.)
Good information Punkpup. When we dropped our GPS and the screen went black, we were out of luck. The unit was two months old. So I think I will go with Best Buy and their extended warranty since I tend to have dropsies.

Thanks to Hawkwind and Bobkat for providing sites which I'm sure will help with my "gps education".
Old 11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGEKARTAIDE View Post
We have been using Garmin GPS units exclusively. Through our Garmin user account we constantly send map corrections to Garmin. Many of the map updates that have been made came courtesy of Village Kart Aide.

The original maps were loaded with errors. The corrections we have sent in have been made. The ones that drove us crazy were the misspelled street names. The maps that showed a street as a through street but was actually a dead end. I mean no outlet since there is only one dead end street in The Villages have not been updated yet.

Also not all the golf courses have been updated as of the latest update, even though we send them in. That would really be helpful for the Village newbies.

If you are considering purchasing a GPS unit I have used them all and the Garmin is the easiest to use.
WONDERFUL! We will be moving to TV in January and will be buying a GPS device. I've read many posts here and it's very helpful.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.