Tommy's previous post closed

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2014, 04:07 AM
Platinum member
Default Tommy's previous post closed

Cool it everyone. A few days ago, I posted a link about a friend's book being banned by the library because of the title. Although the contents of the book had nothing to do with what the title hinted, all hell broke loose and my post became a debate about religion. A debate so heated, the thread was closed.
As those old TOTV people who know me will agree that I never post negative threads and I try to be humorous and helpful when a poster needs advice. Ever since the political format was done away with, it seems many posters have nothing to complain about so they turn the simplest thread into a political football. Because of this, my thread Yo God! Jay's Story was closed. Because of the change in people's attitude, I personally hesitate going on TOTV and seldom contribute to what was at one time a fantastic way to learn about The Villages.
It hurts to see friends in a heated argument with others because of my thread, which, as I said earlier, had nothing to do with the original post.
Chill out, everyone. Most of us are retired and are living comfortably in a beautiful place. Smell the roses before you die. Take a deep breathe and enjoy the great weather and realize how lucky we are. Why walk around with a cloud over your head. This is the first day of your life. Enjoy whatever time we have left.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.