Trayvon Martin

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Gold member

Who cares who,s paying for the extra security. So you say people cannot demostrate because of the costs. Get real
Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Gold member

Like the reference "These Kinds"
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM

If a thorough investigation had been done by Sanford PD that night, I feel a lot of problems could have been avoided. I ask myself if Sanford PD would have kissed it off as self defense if Martin was white and Zimmerman was black or If Martin had an ID showing he lived in the complex. This case should have been treated as a homicide, until proven otherwise by evidence found at the scene and witness statements.
This does not mean that Zimmerman had to be arrested that night. It does mean that Zimmerman should have been treated like a suspect and evidence taken to help prove it was self defense. Now FDLE, FBI and the DOJ will not have access to evidence and statements that would have been collected by a professional law enforcement agency.
The Huffington Post has even done an article on how sloppy Sanford PD is in their investigations. It seems to be the norm for Sanford PD.

Trayvon Martin Case Spotlights Florida Town's History Of 'Sloppy' Police Work
Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Almost Same Thing

Google Brian Deneke and read the Wikipedia article. This is a kid that was killed in Amarillo in 1997 because of how he looked....not the person he was. He was deliberately run down by another kid, Dustin Camp ("preppie"), in his dad's Cadillac one night in December. He enjoyed the "punk" look and the music but was actually a really good kid. City Confidential has profiled this case. Seems to be a parallel here with Martin being targeted for how he looked.

The entire town of Amarillo came up in arms when Camp received a probated sentence (manslaughter) instead of jail time. It took him less than 6 months to violate that probation and was sent to serve his time. Not only that, but his dad was arrested and charged for lying about Camp's actions that violated his probation.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

[QUOTE=dillywho;477285]Google Brian Deneke and read the Wikipedia article. This is a kid that was killed in Amarillo in 1997 because of how he looked....not the person he was. He was deliberately run down by another kid, Dustin Camp ("preppie"), in his dad's Cadillac one night in December. He enjoyed the "punk" look and the music but was actually a really good kid. City Confidential has profiled this case. Seems to be a parallel here with Martin being targeted for how he looked.QUOTE]

A "really good kid" parallel here? Oh sure. Trayvon was a model citizen. He bragged on twitter about "bashing" a bus driver, got caught with a bag full of women's jewelry and a screwdriver in his backpack by a school security guard and was staying with his father while under his THIRD suspension from school.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The Trayvon issue is created a deeper divide in race relations. It was just reported that a green highway sign in Detroit carried a racial slur. It was all so predictable
Old 04-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The Trayvon issue is created a deeper divide in race relations. It was just reported that a green highway sign in Detroit carried a racial slur. It was all so predictable
I'm willing to bet that the sign was written by one of the racial arsonists demonstrating in Florida. That's usually the case in these things, as in the plagiarizing college professor who is "suspected" of hanging a noose on her own door to deflect the fireable offense, and started a crisis in her college that produced many many days of "news".

Columbia Professor Hangs Her Own Noose By Plagiarizing > Columbia, madonna constantine, plagiarism | IvyGate
Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Who cares who,s paying for the extra security. So you say people cannot demostrate because of the costs. Get real
Who cares? Well it's certainly not those who would say "Who cares" when it comes to unnecessary spending of taxpayers money!

And no way did I say that people cannot demonstrate. I'm simply implying that people shouldn't demonstrate to ridiculous excess. Furthermore, I don't appreciate your attacking me by spinning and embellishing what I said to make people believe I was saying something that I was definitely not saying. Go back and read what I stated as many times as you need until you can properly comprehend it!

And in response to your other post... by using the term "these kinds" I'm strictly referring to those who demonstrate to unreasonable and costly excess, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not what you're trying to make me out to be!

I can't say for sure what your motivation is, but you should really consider who needs to get real, because it's not me. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill, and that only serves to further denigrating your own overall creditability!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I'm willing to bet that the sign was written by one of the racial arsonists demonstrating in Florida.
What is a "racial arsonist" and why from Florida? What does a"racial arsonist" look like so I can avoid them at LSL or SS?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1 View Post
What is a "racial arsonist" and why from Florida? What does a"racial arsonist" look like so I can avoid them at LSL or SS?

A "Racial Arsonist" is a term that Jamaican-born American sociologist Orlando Patterson used to describe Al Sharpton. Some would also describe it a race baiter. You can read more about it at the following link:

Al Sharpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Platinum member
Default Reread

[quote=manaboutown;477332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Google Brian Deneke and read the Wikipedia article. This is a kid that was killed in Amarillo in 1997 because of how he looked....not the person he was. He was deliberately run down by another kid, Dustin Camp ("preppie"), in his dad's Cadillac one night in December. He enjoyed the "punk" look and the music but was actually a really good kid. City Confidential has profiled this case. Seems to be a parallel here with Martin being targeted for how he looked.QUOTE]

A "really good kid" parallel here? Oh sure. Trayvon was a model citizen. He bragged on twitter about "bashing" a bus driver, got caught with a bag full of women's jewelry and a screwdriver in his backpack by a school security guard and was staying with his father while under his THIRD suspension from school.
I didn't say that Martin was a good or bad kid. I said Brian was a good kid and there were many who vouched for him, including his boss. I don't know what kind Martin was for a fact and neither did Zimmerman when he set out to play private eye on foot. The parallel I was making was that he was judged and targeted by Zimmerman for how he was dressed just as Brian had been and he, too, paid for the way he looked.

As for Martin's twitters, what he got caught in school with in his backpack, had nothing to do with that night. He had Skittles, tea, and a cell phone then. That won't get anyone a suspension and sure shouldn't get anyone killed. Zimmerman didn't know a thing about his twitters, suspensions, or anything else. He simply called in someone he "thought" was suspicious, "though" was young, "thought" was male, "thought" was maybe black, and was wearing a hoodie.

If Zimmerman had simply done what he was supposed to do which was 1) call in, 2) report what was going on, the location and direction of travel, and then 3) leave the rest to the authorities, this wouldn't even be a discussion.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1 View Post

I thought the altered sign was in Florida when I first heard this story, but otherwise I stick with my comment.

On your other thoughts; get a clue.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default It sounds like Zimmerman and the Martins will get their days in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post

I didn't say that Martin was a good or bad kid. I said Brian was a good kid and there were many who vouched for him, including his boss. I don't know what kind Martin was for a fact and neither did Zimmerman when he set out to play private eye on foot. The parallel I was making was that he was judged and targeted by Zimmerman for how he was dressed just as Brian had been and he, too, paid for the way he looked.

As for Martin's twitters, what he got caught in school with in his backpack, had nothing to do with that night. He had Skittles, tea, and a cell phone then. That won't get anyone a suspension and sure shouldn't get anyone killed. Zimmerman didn't know a thing about his twitters, suspensions, or anything else. He simply called in someone he "thought" was suspicious, "though" was young, "thought" was male, "thought" was maybe black, and was wearing a hoodie.

If Zimmerman had simply done what he was supposed to do which was 1) call in, 2) report what was going on, the location and direction of travel, and then 3) leave the rest to the authorities, this wouldn't even be a discussion.
Just from watching the news last night and based on a gut feeling, it sounds like Zimmerman will be arrested soon. George Zimmerman seeks donations on his new website - CBS News
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

It could happen if the legal representatives have worked their maneuvering magic arriving at the least future harmful state that could quiet down the race rhetoric.

Remember OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were arrested too!!!

btk
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It could happen if the legal representatives have worked their maneuvering magic arriving at the least future harmful state that could quiet down the race rhetoric.

Remember OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were arrested too!!!

btk
And both seemed to be treated fairly in their criminal trials. In neither cases did the prosecution prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

This Trayvon Martin matter though looks a lot more complicated than either the OJ Simpson Case or the Casey Anthony cases because of the very real impact of the issue of race relations into it as well as national politics with this being an election year.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.