Trayvon Martin

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

The shooter says he acted in self defense?The Florida law says you can defend yourself? From a box of Skittles and a cup of ice tea?I just don't get it!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
And you think this guy is a law abiding citizen carry a gun. He stuck his nose into something he should not have.This is nothing about rights to carry guns. Its about a cowboy out of control,killing a child.Hey no problem with Sharpton, this killing went on for a few weeks and nobody knew of it. Good for him standing up for a right cause.
Sharpton is responsible for inciting murder, even if never charged or convicted. You may choose to ignore it, but I won't.

Whatever the truth of this case, it's soiled by the participation of the race hustler and huckster, Sharpton.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I mentioned in another thread Zimmerman is entitled to due process. However once again we see the makings of an Oxbow Incident.

It saddens me also to see once again the President of the Unitd States weighing in on this situation. I guess you have to be black to get his attention. First Professor Gates now this deal. Can you say "vote getter"

Where was Obama when Casey Anthony walked away scott free? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I mentioned in another thread Zimmerman is entitled to due process. However once again we see the makings of an Oxbow Incident.

It saddens me also to see once again the President of the Unitd States weighing in on this situation. I guess you have to be black to get his attention. First Professor Gates now this deal. Can you say "vote getter"

Where was Obama when Casey Anthony walked away scott free? Hmmmmmmmmmm
President Obama just said that we should get to the bottom of this tragedy. He did not take a side that I could see.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
The shooter says he acted in self defense?The Florida law says you can defend yourself? From a box of Skittles and a cup of ice tea?I just don't get it!
Of course you don't get it. You don't want to get it. Perhaps the shooter was wrong. Perhaps not. I'd like to see a current picture of Trayvon, not one of when he was 14.

Last edited by CMANN; 03-23-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
President Obama just said that we should get to the bottom of this strategy. He did not take a side that I could see.
Taltarzac725: By virtue of the fact that he mentioned this situation from the Presidential lectern claiming this lad could have been his son says it all. First Gates now Martin. In all due respect this is about getting the black vote. Watch Obama's pit bull, Eric Holder al over this case. Did he balance his statement with a caveat about applying proper due process for Zimmerman?

If I were the Anthony's I would be questioning if Obama and Holder had a racial bias.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread is quickly becoming political and will soon be moved to the political forum.... Unless, maybe, we can return to the OPs original topic about the local news coverage of this incident.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Why in the world would you want a current picture? W ould you want one of him looking mean?Love to see what your reaction would be if this was your grandson. I think someone has their head in the sand on this one.The shooter was not a cop. He could not follow orders, The kid had a hootie, and you all know what that means.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Cool

A Sheriff Deputy, 53 years old, was shot in the face and killed just after.. this happened . The shooter was arrested along with an accomplice. Maybe Sharpton the rabble rouser can stop for a few minutes and say a few prayers for this gal and her family.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage
The first mistake George Zimmerman made was carrying a gun since neighborhood watch members are not supposed to carry weapons. By doing so, not only is a young man dead, but the Retreat at Twin Lakes is set up for a huge lawsuit not covered by insurance. It's no wonder the residents asked him to move out immediately.

Experts warn homeowners associations of perils of using volunteer security patrols - Tampa Bay Times

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...groups/1221327
Old 03-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
This thread is quickly becoming political and will soon be moved to the political forum.... Unless, maybe, we can return to the OPs original topic about the local news coverage of this incident.
This should go to political, but not because of our posters at TOTV....it was MADE political by others, and it really is a shame
Old 03-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Gold member

My whole point"the shooter was arrested" who shot the sheriff.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Gold member

To paraphrase the Doobie Brothers, "what a person believes, he sees". Not the other way around.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Sharpton is responsible for inciting murder, even if never charged or convicted. You may choose to ignore it, but I won't.

Whatever the truth of this case, it's soiled by the participation of the race hustler and huckster, Sharpton.
I agree!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

The title of this thread is Trayvon Martin not Al Sharpton. What decade did this event take place?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.