Treadmill recommendation please

Old 01-06-2024, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Treadmill recommendation please

I am looking for an electric treadmill with a small footprint. When I look on line, the prices are all over the place. I'm more concerned about quality than price...any recommendations?
Old 01-06-2024, 09:10 AM

I've bought 2 of these from Amazon in the past year for my wife, one up north and one here. She uses it to walk for health issues. She is 92lbs. Seem to be be pretty good, but I think if you weighed a lot it wouldn't hold up.

REDLIRO Under Desk Treadmill, 2 in 1 Motorized Portable Foldable Treadmill Compact Fold Up Walking Pad, Sturdy Folding for Small Space with Remote Control, LED Display Home & Office Use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-06-2024, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,742 Times in 5,255 Posts

NordicTrack makes several high quality treadmills, several with a folding design. I owned one before I moved to The Villages.

Also, they have nice handlebars for hanging stuff after you abandon it for exercise.
Old 01-06-2024, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Your comment about a small footprint concerns me. IMHO, you need to make sure there is space behind the treadmill in case you fall or slip and there will be room for the safety cord to operate, and you will have room to safely go on and off the device. my other comment is that you should figure out what your typical stride is and make sure the treadmill will fit your stride, otherwise you risk hitting the front or rear limits of the belt. I have a long stride and this was a concern.

Tags
treadmill, price, quality, concerned, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.