TV home location in relation to a TV pool,is the traffic or noise unbearable

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Veteran member
Default TV home location in relation to a TV pool,is the traffic or noise unbearable

This question is aimed at people living in CLOSE proximity to one of the village pools.
Do you live next to or across from a pool and are you sorry for picking this location. :dontknow:
Or are you glad you made that choice? :dontknow:

Not a topic covered in Leisureville!

Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: TV home location in relation to a TV pool,is the traffic or noise unbearable

I love that fact that our house is right next to a family pool. I am out the door and into the pool every day that I am there, and we don't have to maintain the pool or worry about it when we are gone. The pool is about 100 feet from our property. The noise hasn't been enough to bother us.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Default Re: TV home location in relation to a TV pool,is the traffic or noise unbearable

I think it would depend on the time of year, and whether or not it is a recreational pool or a sports pool. The sports pools are generally located where there is also pickleball courts. I found the pickleball to be noisy. You can hear it from quite a distance away. It drove me crazy. We made sure we purchased far away from them.

This time of year, there's probably few people at the pool. In the high season, especially February and March, they can be quite noisy. It would depend on how far away the house is as to whether or not it would be bothersome. Also, it might depend on whether or not its an adult or family pool. Kids can be noisy, but adults with hearing problems can be too, so maybe its a toss up! I have been to some adult pools, that I found too noisy to just sit by the pool and read. You get some really loud talking people, and the sound really carries around the concrete surfaces around the pool, and it wasn't very relaxing.

That's one of the trouble's with looking at the new neighborhoods. Oftentimes, no one lives there yet, so you don't get a true feel for the noise levels. If you can hang on until next Feb., go to one of the older neighborhoods and stand at a distance from their pool on a nice day, and check out the noise level. Then you'll know for sure whether it would be a problem for you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.