Two Earharts.

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2014, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Two Earharts.

Amelia Rose Earhart tries to beat Amelia Earhart's journey. A Woman Named Amelia Rose Earhart Just Took Off On A Flight Around The Globe

Very interesting story. We will have to follow her journey her on TOTV. Here she is on Twitter heading for Natal, Brazil. https://twitter.com/hashtag/flywithamelia?src=hash
Old 07-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Amelia Rose Earhart tries to beat Amelia Earhart's journey. A Woman Named Amelia Rose Earhart Just Took Off On A Flight Around The Globe

Very interesting story. We will have to follow her journey her on TOTV. Here she is on Twitter heading for Natal, Brazil. https://twitter.com/hashtag/flywithamelia?src=hash
Oh, no, not again!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Oh, no, not again!
Soon she will be near where Amelia Earhart went missing. I had not realized that this is the same woman whose comical entries I followed on Facebook not too long ago when she was a news personality in Denver. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ameli...58131920879331
Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Soon she will be near where Amelia Earhart went missing. I had not realized that this is the same woman whose comical entries I followed on Facebook not too long ago when she was a news personality in Denver. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ameli...58131920879331
I saw the movie "Amelia" a few years ago. It was good but I don't remember too much about it anymore.

So now this new Amelia is seeking her fame and fortune? Good luck to her. I just wonder why I haven't heard anything about it on the news.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Sage
Default Amelia Earhart completes world trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I saw the movie "Amelia" a few years ago. It was good but I don't remember too much about it anymore.

So now this new Amelia is seeking her fame and fortune? Good luck to her. I just wonder why I haven't heard anything about it on the news.
Earhart's world flight comes to a successful end

She did it. I have not seen much on the National nor Florida news about ths woman's trip either but she made it around the world.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Eternal Member

I don't remember reading anywhere about Amelia Earhart II journey. But congratulations to her.

Her flight was nothing like the Amelia Earhart I journey. AE I had none of the technology that is available today. She was flying with maps and compass. Nothing to correct her course in case of weather conditions - wind, rain, etc. Amelia II had modern technology to assist her which probably helped keep her from the AE I's problems that caused her loss.

Maybe that is why it was not a big deal to the news world.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I don't remember reading anywhere about Amelia Earhart II journey. But congratulations to her.

Her flight was nothing like the Amelia Earhart I journey. AE I had none of the technology that is available today. She was flying with maps and compass. Nothing to correct her course in case of weather conditions - wind, rain, etc. Amelia II had modern technology to assist her which probably helped keep her from the AE I's problems that caused her loss.

Maybe that is why it was not a big deal to the news world.

Z
I agree about all that. Her name though kind of made it interesting. I would follow her posts when she was a Traffic Reporter in Colorado on Facebook because she was frequently quite amusing.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Sage
Default Amelia Rose Earhart does have a worthwhile organization.

Amelia Earhart Reenactment Flight - The Amelia Project

I saw a report last night on NBC National News about this woman's journey. They made the point that the nerve needed to fly around the world is still needed. I'd like to do it but in the luxury of a private jet with a full crew.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.