U.K. That was fun.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
A). It was for laughs;
B). If cutting off my nose created enough laughs to border on hysterical, I might consider it;
C). Whether I buy her overpriced crap or the UK's overpriced crap, they are both not Americans. Remember- she became a UK citizen when she married Prince Hypocrite;
D). I don't like her sense of entitlement, greed, or haughtiness.

So yes - I would rather spend a few bucks to see if maybe the very institution who respects loyalty and hard work might top her numbers. She is quick to try to throw things in the monarchy's face, it would be entertaining to have it (sales numbers) bounce back and pop her in her own nose.

I'm no Anglophile, but if you've seen any early seasons of The Crown or any documentary of the royal family, QEII truly did sacrifice her existence (although a rather padded one) and nearly every hour of every day to her citizens. I admire that.
Let the Royals quibble and try to profit from their status. I have been to England and learned jam tastes like jam anywhere. I hardly doubt Meagan's will measure up to the hype. A jar of good ol' American Smuckers tastes as good and is much cheaper.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Can I hold the cream and just have blueberry jam?
How utterly pedestrian! Not "cream". Clotted cream! An essential part of the experience, immho.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:14 PM
Thanked 1,137 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
So I saw an article today about Megan Markle and her attempt to sell herself, I mean her Jams and Jellies.

Soooo, for giggles, I used my search engine to find the web address to the Buckingham Palace shops (shoppes?). For about 4 pounds (and 20 shipping!) I bought Mrs. EDJ a nice jar of Buckingham Palace strawberry preserves. Megan Markle can jump off a cliff, pound sand, kick rocks.

Added some other stuff to the cart since I was already eating the shipping. Sent with a gift message: "F Megan Markle, Go Richmond FC!"

Hopefully, the Palace sells more of their stuff than the Montecito Ingrate does this month

That was fun.
According to Psychology Today, Celebrity Obsessive Disorder or COD is described as an obsessive-addictive disorder where an individual becomes overly involved and interested (i.e., completely obsessed) with the details of the personal life of a celebrity. The borderline-pathological dimension relates to individuals who display uncontrollable behaviors and fantasies relating to a celebrity and is the most severe form.

So what was so fun about it? Was your spouse amused with a "F" initialism of a vulgar word on the note? Seriously, as a retired RN, I think some counseling may be in order. I also wonder about why are all your former address's with dates listed? Is there a specific reason we need to know that information?

Old 04-26-2024, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Let the Royals quibble and try to profit from their status. I have been to England and learned jam tastes like jam anywhere. I hardly doubt Meagan's will measure up to the hype. A jar of good ol' American Smuckers tastes as good and is much cheaper.
I Respectfully disagree. Jams, Kelly's and preserves taste quite different as one travels. Producers use different varieties of fruits, fruit sources, juices, flavorings, types of sweeteners and production methods which provide different flavors, textures.
Any road, happy eating to everyone. 😀

Old 04-27-2024, 03:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
How utterly pedestrian! Not "cream". Clotted cream! An essential part of the experience, immho.
“Clotted cream”.....sounds like something a Cardiologist would give as part of a diagnosis

Old 04-27-2024, 05:42 AM

The Monarchy has run its course……..”Yaw sounds” …On to the next dog poop post please.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,442 Times in 2,540 Posts

I am greatly amused at all the posts concerning governance in another country that has absolutely no effect on their lives or country whatsoever.
I would be more concerned about who is actually the leader in their own domain.
President? Speaker? Or a representative from Georgia?

Old 04-27-2024, 06:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I am greatly amused at all the posts concerning governance in another country that has absolutely no effect on their lives or country whatsoever.
I would be more concerned about who is actually the leader in their own domain.
President? Speaker? Or a representative from Georgia?
And who introduced ‘Exchequer’ and asked about our ‘President’.....in a thread about the UK favorite grifter?! Thats what I thought!

Confusion still. The Monarch is not ‘governance’....it’s symbolic. Some have a ‘clotted’ understanding of the difference and the remedies to address either...

Tags
palace, megan, markle, stuff, shipping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.