Universal Masking for Source Control

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2021, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
How about common sense for a change! If you think it's harmful to wear a mask then keep the kids home. This argument about masks is just nuts. Last years cold and flew season was a non event. Doesn't that tell you masks do some good? The Delta version was not around last year. It's something of a new ball game for those who would talk about last school year.
I don’t think anyone can say for certain that it’s the masks that made the flu season a non event. The flu spreads more readily in the winter cause people are inside and closer together. During CoVID people social distanced and many even isolated themselves. Keep in mind too that hand washing plays a huge role in reducing the spread of the flu. Many who didn’t before are now are diligently hand washing and desensitizing everything they touch. The role of mask wearing in reducing the numbers is highly over rated IMO.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:21 AM

At least "the help" were masked at Met Gala

only-help-jpg

Social media rages at 'hypocritical' Met Gala A-listers and AOC for NOT wearing masks | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-15-2021, 08:39 AM

When you go to a lab and have posession of the "covid" cells, then see if the size of it will go through the blue chinese mask..Lets talk. Show the video. Look at the side of the box of the blue mask. There is a warning that the mask does not prevent viruses from transfer. Why would you trust the cdc. They are funded by the corporations that profit from the mandates and lies. We need professional that care about humanity do the research.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:49 AM

Unless you are wearing a N95 mask, wearing one doesn’t stop Covid19 virus from getting into the mask. No one got sick last year because no one went out! I’m a New Yorker, soon to be a Villager. I still work PT in a school. I don’t wear a mask in the building, but I do follow social distancing. It’s so sad to see all the kids with masks on. The school is randomly tested weekly for Covid.
I wear a mask food shopping or in a retail store. I keep my hands away from my face and carry Purel with me. I am vaccinated and just had my immunity checked, it was still high. I have family members who followed all these regulations to the T. They still got Covid. Thank God, they all recovered, even my 62 yo, diabetic, overweight cousin who got it and had no symptoms.
I follow my rules, what works for me. Mandates not so.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:52 AM

I'm from a large city where wearing a mask is a sign of respect for others around you. It's not political, masks provide some form of protection. Is a mask perfect? No, but it's better than not wearing a mask.

The problem is that some folks refuse to get vaccinated and and they are the ones that continue to spread the disease. 96% of the people being emitted to the hospital are unvaccinated. What more proof does anyone need? If everyone got vaccinated the spread would stop and this conversation would be over. Our economy, travel, life would be back to normal.

If you refuse to get the vaccination you are to blame for the ongoing pandemic. You are stubborn, selfish and a detriment to society. The resolution is pretty simple.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
That is so right! Parents don’t get to opt out restraining their child in car seats or using seat belts!
Are you suggesting that parents have no right in how they raise their children?
BTW, what does using seat belts have to do with wearing masks? Other than stopping a bug from flying into your mouth, will a mask prevent auto accidents?
Old 09-15-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellmack View Post
I'm from a large city where wearing a mask is a sign of respect for others around you. It's not political, masks provide some form of protection. Is a mask perfect? No, but it's better than not wearing a mask.

The problem is that some folks refuse to get vaccinated and and they are the ones that continue to spread the disease. 96% of the people being emitted to the hospital are unvaccinated. What more proof does anyone need? If everyone got vaccinated the spread would stop and this conversation would be over. Our economy, travel, life would be back to normal.

If you refuse to get the vaccination you are to blame for the ongoing pandemic. You are stubborn, selfish and a detriment to society. The resolution is pretty simple.
Total BS. The vaccine has cause more damage than good. Violent headaches. F***** up heart. Severe rash. DON'T TAKE THIS POISON!!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:43 AM

Amen to that
Old 09-15-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I recommend we should have mask permanently sowed to our faces with only tiny slit for straw. The would solve several problems. Mask zombies, overweight problems, and obnoxiously loud people to name few.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 09-15-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellmack View Post

Heil Hitler!!!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
A mask mandate for children in school is necessary to slow the spread of this Covid virus. Parents should not have the ability or freedom to choose whether their child wears a mask in the classroom. That decision should not be up to the parents. Universal masking is effective only when EVERYONE (all the children and teachers) wears a mask in the classroom. Masks should be worn PROPERLY by covering the NOSE and MOUTH at all times. One reason why masking has not worked for us is that compliance of wearing masks properly is practically non existent.

This is what the CDC says about the effectiveness of Universal masking as source control.....

Science Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC
Not going to happen in the free state of Florida. You want fascism, you'll have to go find it somewhere else.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Masks or vaccinations? Hmmmm, does anything other than distance really work?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	VAERSvxdeaths.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	90817  
Old 09-15-2021, 10:34 AM
Send a message via ICQ to gemini5001 Send a message via AIM to gemini5001

Not to mention the ugly ones also...lol
Old 09-15-2021, 10:59 AM

"If only everyone would get vaccinated and wear masks, covid would go away"

Singapore, 80% vaccinated, 91% mask compliance

singapore-cases-jpg

singapore-masking-jpg
Old 09-15-2021, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,175 Times in 1,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh god..another mask thread...just what we need
When there are still people who feel "masks do nothing" then YES, YES, YES, YES, we need another mask thread. Masks most certainly help to mitigate the spread of this virus These kids need all the protection they can possibly get. And yet.....we have mask mandates that are prohibited in our state for school children in the classroom. That simple mitigation effort for these kids is absolutely necessary to keep them safer in the classroom.

As I have already said in my OP.......EVERYONE in the classroom must wear a mask for Universal Masking to be effective. Why is it that the people who should be up on this stuff are casting the science aside?

Universal masking is in effect for airline travel in this country. Why not protect our children in the same manner?

Tags
universal, masking, mask, wears, parents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.