Vaccine and masks?

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2020, 09:48 PM
Sage
Default Had enough

I will not get the vaccine and will not wear a mask. I did when the virus first started...for months. Upon hearing the wishy washy mask on mask off from the “experts”, I came to my own conclusion that they are useless. I don’t wear one now. I social distance and wash my hands. Given that Bill Gates is involved with the vaccine and he wants to decrease the population, I’m gonna pass on that vaccine. No more vaccines for me. I trust no one nowadays when it comes to telling me what’s best for me. I can make my own decisions and don’t need the government telling me what to do.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,546 Times in 3,120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I will not get the vaccine and will not wear a mask. I did when the virus first started...for months. Upon hearing the wishy washy mask on mask off from the “experts”, I came to my own conclusion that they are useless. I don’t wear one now. I social distance and wash my hands. Given that Bill Gates is involved with the vaccine and he wants to decrease the population, I’m gonna pass on that vaccine. No more vaccines for me. I trust no one nowadays when it comes to telling me what’s best for me. I can make my own decisions and don’t need the government telling me what to do.
You should go live in a country that doesn't have a government, if you don't like one where you have to abide by its laws (which is how government tells you what to do).

Good luck, and bon voyage.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Latest data shows wearing a mask provides some risk reduction for the wearer. CDC is now recommending for personal protection.

Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC

Vaccines will not be 100% effective so probably good to continue wearing until infection rates are low.

Pfizer vaccine is no silver bullet - Axios
Part of the big problem with vaccines, is that there are a group of people (a significant minority) who refuse to get them and refuse to get them for their kids.

Herd immunity only works if something like 78% or higher of a given population is immune. If there's a cluster in Kentucky (for example) who rejects the vaccine, and that cluster is in a town where only 40% of them DO get the vaccine, it means there won't be any herd immunity in that town, at all. But those 40% who get vaccinated will have a huge advantage because they will be at the lowest risk of getting sick AND if they get sick anyway, the lowest risk of severe symptoms.

That's pretty much the point of all vaccines. Immunity at the most. Significantly reduced risk and significantly reduced symptoms, at least. But only for those who get vaccinated, AND if at least 78%+ become immune, then the immunity covers the "herd."
Old 11-11-2020, 06:06 AM

Here in Massachusetts it is very rare to see anyone without a mask and it is still spreading. Make you wonder it the masks are necessary or just a method of spreading fear?
Old 11-11-2020, 06:10 AM

Found this information:
If an individual is vaccinated and they are protected from infection, they will not transmit the virus to someone else. But, it is expected that COVID-19 vaccines may protect against severe infection, but not necessarily prevent mild or asymptomatic infection. If this is the case, a vaccinated person could still spread the virus if they are infected. This is why it is expected that even after a vaccine becomes available, people will need to use masks and practice social distancing measures for some time.

There is still a lot scientists are learning about Covid. Like even if vaccinated, how long do the antibodies last.

I don't like masks. But I don't like people dying even more. If wearing a masks protects both me and others (recent study this week) then I will wear a mask. I hope our communities work together and help each other. One day this will be under control thanks to our wonderful scientists and caring communities. We can get thru this together, will just take some time.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post

Vaccines will not be 100% effective so probably good to continue wearing until infection rates are low.

Pfizer vaccine is no silver bullet - Axios
The Axios article is written by a business editor who specializes in deals and dealmakers. I'm not sure his medical opinions carry much weight.

Dan Primack | Axios | HBO
Old 11-11-2020, 07:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,285 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
The new vaccine is better than 90% effective according to reports on testing.

Question: Will you still wear a mask after you get the vaccination? I know my answer but I am interested in the opinions of others that have been very adamant regarding the use of masks and their demand that EVERYONE wear masks.
I will not be getting the shot....people are crazy if they do.....in my humble opinion
FYI people in trails have died from it. It is too rushed too new......so I will pass
Old 11-11-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Bloomberg

"The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government."
From the same article you linked to:

Quote:
Operation Warp Speed is credited with speeding along several other vaccine programs, including one from Moderna Inc.that uses similar technology to Pfizer’s and could produce trial data later this month. The Trump administration’s rapid-vaccine operation, led by the Health and Human Services Department, the Defense Department, and other agencies, could well prove to be the reason many Americans get a vaccine in 2021, even if it’s not made by Pfizer.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,285 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettys1 View Post
No vaccines an still no mask. Can't get rid of something if your not exposed to it to buildup antibodies
That was my brothers thinking....oops he caught it
That was my sisters thinking.....oops she caught and is in the hospital, all signs show she will be fine but it’s been a battle and will be on oxygen for quit some time
So........the saying “Buyer Beware” be careful what you are buying into
Old 11-11-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Question: Will you still wear a mask after you get the vaccination? I know my answer but I am interested in the opinions of others that have been very adamant regarding the use of masks and their demand that EVERYONE wear masks.
Once I receive the vaccine doses and after the proper length of time for the vaccine to work, I will leave the mask behind.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:35 AM

We may get vaccinated and that is good for those who accept the vaccine and actually do get vaccinated. There are those who will no get vaccinated and there are those here and all over the world who will not have access to the vaccine. The virus will be around for many many years to come. That is what they are not telling us. We will develop ways to treat the virus so it will be less deadly to the world population. Once i get my vaccination I see no reason to continue to wear the mask.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:59 AM

Since 99.9% of people recover from this virus, i will not be taking any vaccines, as all of them contain dangerous metals, formaldehyde,etc. And I will remain among the 16% of those who have tested positive NOT wearing a mask rather than the 84% who wore a mask most, if not all the time.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:

In about two months my guess is that we will be wearing masks for the rest of our lives.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:07 AM

I've had enough. Enough already. No vaccine and no mask. Lock me up.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Since 99.9% of people recover from this virus, i will not be taking any vaccines, as all of them contain dangerous metals, formaldehyde,etc. And I will remain among the 16% of those who have tested positive NOT wearing a mask rather than the 84% who wore a mask most, if not all the time.
So you will purposefully and intentionally be a Typhoid Mary.

I'm sure you're very nice.
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, vaccine, wear, adamant, opinions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.