Vaccine site on CR466 has been dismantled

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2021, 12:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If so why can noone let us know when vaccinations will restart or at least some idea what is going on?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Re read my note

Please reread my note. Don't tell me it is just one batch. Why did Calif. take that vaccine off
the treatments schedule(s) not just that batch until they establish why the reactions? Why is CMR not giving out the reason(s) for disappearing? Good luck believing some Government reason for running away from the Villages if they give a reason?
Old 01-19-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
If so why can noone let us know when vaccinations will restart or at least some idea what is going on?
Because until the suppliers of the vaccine can give them definite answers, anything they say would be just speculation. If they tell you something and it does not happen then your all over them for being wrong. It’s a no win situation.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
Because until the suppliers of the vaccine can give them definite answers, anything they say would be just speculation. If they tell you something and it does not happen then your all over them for being wrong. It’s a no win situation.
Assuming the holdup is the supplier one would think that Pfizer for example has a production schedule and they know the orders they have to fill.

Than they just tell the customer the facts.

Should not be that hard.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:09 PM

Folks let's all step back and take a breath here. We have come this far and we are still here. Take it a day at a time. We will have to wait our turn. I think for me it will be some time around June.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Please reread my note. Don't tell me it is just one batch. Why did Calif. take that vaccine off
the treatments schedule(s) not just that batch until they establish why the reactions? Why is CMR not giving out the reason(s) for disappearing? Good luck believing some Government reason for running away from the Villages if they give a reason?
Recheck you're source/comprehension, just one lot was pulled due to 10 adverse reaction at one site. This could be a reformulation problem at the site...

California Urges Stop to 300K Vaccines after Some Fall Ill

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California’s state epidemiologist is urging a halt to more than 300,000 coronavirus vaccinations using a Moderna vaccine version because some people received medical treatment for possible severe allergic reactions.

Dr. Erica S. Pan on Sunday recommended providers stop using lot 41L20A of the Moderna vaccine pending completion of an investigation by state officials, Moderna, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the federal Food and Drug Administration.

“Out of an extreme abundance of caution and also recognizing the extremely limited supply of vaccine, we are recommending that providers use other available vaccine inventory,” Pan said in a statement.

She said more than 330,000 doses from the lot arrived in California between Jan. 5 and Jan. 12 and were distributed to 287 providers.

Fewer than 10 people, who all received the vaccine at the same community site, needed attention over a 24-hour period, Pan said. No other similar clusters were found.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Assuming the holdup is the supplier one would think that Pfizer for example has a production schedule and they know the orders they have to fill.

Than they just tell the customer the facts.

Should not be that hard.
I agree, but it does no appear to be that way.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Probably because if they gave an estimated time and date for a "restart" and were late making it happen, there would be a bunch of folks like those on here, yelling, screaming and crying that they lied about it.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston1945 View Post
Folks let's all step back and take a breath here. We have come this far and we are still here. Take it a day at a time. We will have to wait our turn. I think for me it will be some time around June.
The problem is we were told by the Governor it was our turn. They set up and start giving the Vaccine and then close up shop. Many of us would like to be told what is really happening.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Thanks for the nice explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Recheck you're source/comprehension, just one lot was pulled due to 10 adverse reaction at one site. This could be a reformulation problem at the site...

California Urges Stop to 300K Vaccines after Some Fall Ill

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California’s state epidemiologist is urging a halt to more than 300,000 coronavirus vaccinations using a Moderna vaccine version because some people received medical treatment for possible severe allergic reactions.

Dr. Erica S. Pan on Sunday recommended providers stop using lot 41L20A of the Moderna vaccine pending completion of an investigation by state officials, Moderna, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the federal Food and Drug Administration.

“Out of an extreme abundance of caution and also recognizing the extremely limited supply of vaccine, we are recommending that providers use other available vaccine inventory,” Pan said in a statement.

She said more than 330,000 doses from the lot arrived in California between Jan. 5 and Jan. 12 and were distributed to 287 providers.

Fewer than 10 people, who all received the vaccine at the same community site, needed attention over a 24-hour period, Pan said. No other similar clusters were found.
but your a spoiler , I mean why let the truth get in the way of another conspiracy on this site
Old 01-19-2021, 08:10 PM

They said there was a storage POD nearby in letter. Didn't go to check. Hoping the best.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:39 PM

The Mores’s don’t own those fields!
Old 01-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We just may have been lucky. How many have read of the serious reactions to the Moderna
Vaccine in California and that they suspended it until they establish the cause and effect? With this in mind and the fact that CMR would not state the reason for suspending the Villages vaccine I feel we may have been lucky in not getting it yet? We can't trust the Government to give us the facts since they have historically been misleading. Staying home and wearing masks now sounds great!!! Please don't tell me it was a "unique batch problem in California" as who knows the truth. We were told there was enough vaccine to take care
of the ones who were scheduled and then all of a sudden it all disappeared? If you believe
the crap the government is feeding us then I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn cheap.
The reactions in California are referring to allergic reactions and to a specific batch of the Moderna vaccine. I'm not concerned. This is the reason there is a minimum of a 15 minute observation period after the vaccination. This is also the reason three ambulances were on site at the 466 vaccination location.

Here is an article about the pause in California.......

CA: Pause Some COVID Vaccinations After Reactions
Old 01-19-2021, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOH View Post
I really do hate to be a Debbie Downer, but has anyone been able to find out where else Global Medical Response is giving vaccines? On their website, the only one they speak about is the one in Sumter. I don't see any other vaccine centers listed, or any "news" about any other site. How many people did they "vaccinate" here, and can we be sure that these people actually got a real dose of real vaccine? This whole situation from having to give Social Security Numbers to them packing up after a few days seems very sketchy to me. Again, sorry for being an alarmist, and I hope I'm wrong.
Are other sites in local areas still conducting vaccinations? Anyone know if the site Sumter County was using is still continuing to vaccinate people?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Probably because if they gave an estimated time and date for a "restart" and were late making it happen, there would be a bunch of folks like those on here, yelling, screaming and crying that they lied about it.
An estimated time and date is just that.

Better an estimate than nothing at all
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, site, tents, drive, drove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.