Vietnam vs Florida

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2021, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Sorry but I have to ask. Where are they sending all the illegals? Where? Why won't they tell Americans where they have placed all these mostly untested, unvaccinated illegals?
Old 09-19-2021, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
I wonder how many of the tens of thousands crossing our southern border have been vaccinated
No mandate for them.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:43 AM

So, Ben Franklin, when the Eagles play the 49ers at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon there will be about 65,000 fans in attendance.

What's your point?
Old 09-19-2021, 06:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rr23070 View Post
What an idiot!
Connect your reply to the related posts................there are too many out there.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:47 AM

Let’s honor our Vietnam Vets ! Not make this include someone you do not like in politics or COVID!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:06 AM
Default Covid Deaths

You can't believe the numbers that are published. Ex: A person was killed in a motorcycle accident, and during the autopsy, he tested positive for covid, and, then his death was listed as a covid death! This happens a lot. The hospitals get more money this way, so, be careful about throwing blame/accusations around.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:13 AM

What is your point? I appreciated our open state vs. losing our rights
Old 09-19-2021, 07:16 AM
Default Covid deaths this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Two items to consider:

1) Florida has been an open state far longer than many other states
2) Florida, on a percentage of population basis, has one of the largest for senior citizens

Looking at the rate of death (looking only at the number of cases is deceiving as it does not account for population size) involving Covid as of yesterday we see that per 100,000 people:

Mississippi: 308
New Jersey: 306
Louisiana: 288
New York: 281
Massachusetts: 267

Florida sits 10th at: 237

So then either the states with the top five highest rates states of death involving Covid were even more supportive of a personal choice agenda than Florida, or could it be that lockdowns and less personal choice are statistically NOT more effective in reducing death rates involving Covid?
Total number of deaths for this argument is irrelevant. I would like to know the total of deaths this year since vaccinations and improved treatment has been available. Much of New York ‘s deaths were in 2020. I would bet Floridas are higher this year. And most of the south. Anyone know?
Old 09-19-2021, 07:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbaby2 View Post
Total number of deaths for this argument is irrelevant. I would like to know the total of deaths this year since vaccinations and improved treatment has been available. Much of New York ‘s deaths were in 2020. I would bet Floridas are higher this year. And most of the south. Anyone know?
It would have been really tough for NY to keep up the pace they set last year, vaccine or no vaccine. They did just about everything they could to enhance the spread. They put positive Covid patients in nursing homes! Their numbers had to slow down, they already already picked the low hanging fruit…
Old 09-19-2021, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
I think what was meant, not sure, of course, was that often times those who are already in poor health from chronic illnesses get Covid, end up in the hospital and pass away. Their deaths are counted as Covid deaths even though it was most likely that the primary cause of death was due to other conditions.
Certainly if you count any death where a person is Covid positive as a Covid death you are "cooking the books" My understanding is it is much more about what comorbidly issues a person has, as you age your health declines, more issues and greater issues put you at greater risk, that explains why the very young have much less risk unless they have other health problems, to what extent should the rest of society make changes to protect me, or should I accept some level of self quarantine depending on MY level of risk? Are the vaccinations dangerous in and of themselves,, of course every thing we do has risk benefits attached even the annual flu shot and the complete picture of the risk will not be know for some time. This like everything else will be politized because human beings are political animals, its how we organize ( or disorganize) ourselves
Old 09-19-2021, 07:26 AM
Default Agent orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
In Vietnam, we lost 58,220 soldiers. Deaths of Floridians from COVID was recorded a week ago, at 51,240. Gov. DeSantis won the governorship by only 32,463 votes. So that's 18,777 more people have died from COVID than the number of voters he won by. Plus we're only 7,000 away from surpassing the total number of US miliarty killed in Vietnam.

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID. Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
VIETNAM
You must add in the 400,000
who have died or suffered from the effects of agent orange . You should also consider the Ill effects passed down to their children. .
Old 09-19-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
In Vietnam, we lost 58,220 soldiers. Deaths of Floridians from COVID was recorded a week ago, at 51,240. Gov. DeSantis won the governorship by only 32,463 votes. So that's 18,777 more people have died from COVID than the number of voters he won by. Plus we're only 7,000 away from surpassing the total number of US miliarty killed in Vietnam.

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID. Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
Did your count include all the ones who died from the affects like complications from Agent Orange or mental health issues? Everyone is responsible for their own health and safety especially when the hazard is inflicted by its own Government!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:33 AM

2021 0919 Sunday 08:31
My world has changed more than at any time in my life, because I have yet to get a shot(s). Stop here, at these words, and imagine what your life would be like had you not received the shot(s).

<pause>

It is tough listening to the government and the press and ordinary citizenry chastise and curse at you for not being one of those to get the treatment — every day. It hurts, at times.

But
Excuse me for taking my pardon now, I have a dance to attend in Pennsylvania. My lady and I will mask the entire time, avoid close contact with other dancers (though they will come to us to welcome us and introduce themselves).

If asked, I will say that I am not “jabbed”.

The toughest part is dancing Viennese Waltz, or Quickstep, or Samba (yes, the dance Samba) or Jive with a filtered mask on! My heart rate will soar.

At the end of the dance, I will be so thankful to drive home, shower, sleep and awaken to tomorrow’s headlines.

I will also be thankful to open ToTV and read your posts.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
I understand your health is a private matter, but I'm curious about your antibodies (haha). You said you had Covid in early 2020 and then you also received the vaccine early this year. Were you tested for Abs before you had the vaccine? Just wondering how this works in the human body because there's been so much conflicting information. For instance, the CDC insists those who have had Covid should still get the vaccine. But natural immunity is probably longer-lasting than the Abs from the vaccine. Some say perhaps lifetime immunity, or near it, for a particular strain, of course.
They are tests for two types pf antibodies. One is short term, the other, long term.

I made sure they tested for the latter..

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
To compare New York to Florida, especially NYC deifies reasoning.
You have more people crammed into one building in the city than you have in one acre in Florida.
The building I lived in had 96 apartment, that's 96 families not 96 people.
I'm surprised more than people didn't die in N.Y.
NYC is only part of NY State.

SE FL is massively crowded...

Your argument defies reasoning...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
vietnam, enemy, covid, won, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.