Walmart To Charge For Guaranteed Self-Checkout

Old 03-22-2024, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harby View Post
Let s look at Lowe's...what terrible incidents with only one or no cashier while we, the customers have to wait in line for self check out lanes...difficult to find a helper related to products that Lowe's or Walmart. Home Depot has self check out lanes with a plenty of helpers. Ace Hardware still uses check out cashiers with a plenty of helpers around. Chas
You can buy almost everything sold in the stores you mentioned from Amazon and get it within a day or two, and usually for a lower price. I rarely visit those stores anymore. Note that the Lowes in Wildwood is a smaller store than the one in Lady Lake and they often do not have what you need in stock. I went there once and couldn't even buy a hacksaw.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:42 AM

FAKE NEWS...not true at all. But, please...believe it if you want. I'll get a closer parking spot and get in/out faster!!!
Old 03-22-2024, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

FrayedEnd Snopes says: Partially true.

Walmart may, at peak times, only allow Walmart + subscribers and their delivery people to use self checkout. So if it is jam packed in there you may need to use a register. But it won't be to use self checkout anytime. As the thread title says, only for guaranteed checkout.

Source..

Your browser is not supported | oklahoman.com
Old 03-22-2024, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
source

The self checkout at Colony is already insane as they don't have enough cashiers. This would be enough to make me not shop there anymore, not that I go often anyway.
I believe that Walmart is charging more at the self checkouts because those stealing merchandise PREFER the self-checkout because it is easier to scam.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I believe that Walmart is charging more at the self checkouts because those stealing merchandise PREFER the self-checkout because it is easier to scam.
They're not charging more at the self checkouts. I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart. I prefer the self checkout, because I'm faster and more efficient than the cashiers they have (I worked in retail 40 years, so I'm actually trained to be good at it). Once in awhile an incorrect price shows up, so I press the help button, an employee shows up within a minute, verifies that it's the wrong price on their little ipod, and adjusts the price. It's not a common thing, but it does happen sometimes. If it happens on the self-checkout, it's also happening on the cashier's register. It's a system error, not an intentional scam.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:06 PM

I’m thinking just for fun, I’ll go to Walmart self checkout line and open an umbrella to hide from the cameras, but scan everything and pay for everything. Can you imagine the security officer going bonkers collaring me only to learn there’s no fraud? Don’t think I’d even make it past the door.

Tags
walmart, products, bag, checkout, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.