Wannabees Tales of Snow Woes

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Default Snowstorm pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their tales of the blizzard we have received in the northeast or any other part of the country.

The Governor of CT has advised everyone to stay off the roads.

I just cleaned off my car, (took about an hour). Barely could open the front door of my condo and found myself with snow almost up to my waist.
I was lucky to have a little room to rock my car in it's parking space and was able to get out and move it to a clean area that was plowed with little difficulty, (I guess those years driving in the snow when doing field service calls paid off).

Although I was concerned I would fall in the deep snow, (not getting any younger and my tolerance for this baloney is low), I started to think I would fall into a pillow). Actually, it was somewhat enjoyable and I didn't fall.

All things considered, I would rather have been in TV planning to go to a happy hour.
Hi 2BNTV...I put an album together with pics you can check out!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak44070 View Post
We left Ohio at 5:30 on Sunday morning - and drove straight thru arriving at 11pm tired and sore from sitting. But we missed all the snow and ice that was coming in on Monday to the Carolina's and Georgia.
So since we're here and you're there, we'll have a couple of drinks in your honor at Happy Hour!
mak44070:

I'll have a drink celebrating your safe arrival.

Best Wishes.

BTW- I love your ending signature statement. I mentioned it to a friend of mine and he also though so much of it that he had to write it down verbatim.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:35 PM

live in broad brook ct.got up at 4 am had 16 inchs of snow in driveway .plowd driveway (170 ft) four wheel 5 miles to rt91 (local roads not plowed).91 south over 6 inchs 20 mph to hartford where i'm a lineman for teleco.local roads in hartford not plowd at all .at 3pm interstate ok big clean up ahead ......had over 30 inchs in broad brook... ski
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Berkshires (Western Mass) had between 20 and 30 inches. Tim was out snowblowing our driveway and two neighbors for 4 hours and then down to his Mom's to clean her car off. I shoveled some and cleaned the cars off - had to get the dog to the groomer for a haircut before we leave for our new home in TV Friday. We are on a lake and the snow was beautiful, but . . .Tim is exhausted and I can't sleep I am so excited to be on our way. See you all soon!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Danbury in western Connecticut picked up 2 feet in this storm and has had about 55 inches since December 26. Not only do I hate shoveling (shouldn't be doing it at 67) but the city's plow jockey took out our mailbox for the third consecutive storm.

The good news is that we'll be heading for TV in mid-February for a month.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Hi 2BNTV...I put an album together with pics you can check out!
Loved the pics - but glad I'm not there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
mak44070:

I'll have a drink celebrating your safe arrival.

Best Wishes.

BTW- I love your ending signature statement. I mentioned it to a friend of mine and he also though so much of it that he had to write it down verbatim.
Thanks for celebrating with us. And I read that quote somewhere and really liked it - it's by Source Unknown.
Stay warm!

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Sage

Mak44070, glad to hear you made it safe and sound! Godspeed to those of you headed down after the weather breaks. And Laryb, it's an honor to almost know you.

I don't dare complain about cabin fever after reading your stories. We don't have nearly the snow you are dealing with and I pray for your safety and comfort. It must seem hilarious to you that metro Atlanta has been shut down all week with ice. Hubby's office will open for the first time this week at 11 a.m. tomorrow, with attendance optional. For what it's worth, this is not the fluffy stuff, it's slippery as a banana peel ice. Here are some photos:

The Villages Florida

Above is early the first day before it finished falling. It was more snow than ice then. But now...

The Villages Florida

... Now, it's just ice. In the sun, it looks sort of like a river. It looks even more like water at night...

The Villages Florida

Took this out my front door tonight. It's hard to make out, but it's a street light shining on the ice in our front yard.

Couldn't find my real camera. These were taken with iPhone, so sorry about quality. Anyway, for all of you who are battling 20+ inches of snow, I thought our much ado over this would give you a good belly laugh.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Sage

P - Saw this video on the national news this morning - made me think of what everyone in ATL is having to deal with:

http://vimeo.com/18654578

Bill
Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 AM

Oh my goodness.... I can sympathize with all of you Northerners. We left NJ last year in almost 3 feet of snow after 3 consecutive storms. Had to literally dig our POD out before they came to move it to TV! I was so happy to finally get to warmer weather where we'd never have to look at snow again! Guess what? Went back to NJ for Christmas to see the family....you guessed it! Had 32 inches of snow in Brick! Had to sit in the airport overnight for 12 hours in order to make certain we got our flight out. I was ever so thrilled to be back in our chilly little paradise here in TV! I'll take the cold over the snow any day! Good luck to all of you trying to get here.You won't regret it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.