Water Oak Country Club Estates

Old 01-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Angry Water Oak Country Club Estates

This place is the most horrible place. They pick and chose which rules to enforce and with whom they want to enforce. These horrible people are trying to evict a cancer patient, who is ordered by doctors to stay close by all because she is under age and has 2 therapy boxer dogs. Isn’t anyone compassionate anymore?
Old 01-16-2024, 08:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrady32614@gmail.com View Post
This place is the most horrible place. They pick and chose which rules to enforce and with whom they want to enforce. These horrible people are trying to evict a cancer patient, who is ordered by doctors to stay close by all because she is under age and has 2 therapy boxer dogs. Isn’t anyone compassionate anymore?
Sounds inconsistent.

Water Oak Estates raises big money for cancer awareness | In Today's Daily Sun | The Villages Daily Sun | thevillagesdailysun.com
Old 01-16-2024, 09:26 PM

We need more information.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,521 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrady32614@gmail.com View Post
Water Oaks allows up to two small dogs. Boxers aren't small, and no one who needs a therapy dog needs two, so the fact that both of her dogs are therapy dogs is irrelevant. Water Oaks is also a 55+ community. I don't know if their rules are stricter than the minimum 80/20 federal rule, but it's allowed to be. They're allowed to state that 100% of homes have at least 1 person over 55 living in it, and they're allowed to state that no one under 50 is allowed to live in it. Senior communities are designated as such to protect seniors. If she's not one, then she has no "right" to live there in the first place.

There are plenty of properties near Water Oaks where she can rent, and probably for less money.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Water Oaks allows up to two small dogs. Boxers aren't small, and no one who needs a therapy dog needs two, so the fact that both of her dogs are therapy dogs is irrelevant. Water Oaks is also a 55+ community. I don't know if their rules are stricter than the minimum 80/20 federal rule, but it's allowed to be. They're allowed to state that 100% of homes have at least 1 person over 55 living in it, and they're allowed to state that no one under 50 is allowed to live in it. Senior communities are designated as such to protect seniors. If she's not one, then she has no "right" to live there in the first place.

There are plenty of properties near Water Oaks where she can rent, and probably for less money.
Unfortunately we (hoa/Coa) have almost zero ability to deny an ESA animal; even two. We are also are unable to limit the size (unless the unit is too small for the human and ESAs to reside). An ESA animal is not considered a pet. A dr, nurse, therapist etc. need only write a letter that the dog, or dogs, or rabbits, chicken or cat are needed for the well being of the resident. We can specify walking areas but can not legally deny them. Sad but true.Just about everyone with a pet gets emotional support from having one. From what I have been told by our attorney, there is no such thing as a no pet facility in FL..

Tags
place, horrible, enforce, water, ordered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.