Web Cam of Eagle Nest

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

This Eagle cam is awesome. Now I'm watching the hummingbird cam and this one, looks like I won't be getting much done.

Here's another eagle cam I use to watch a few years ago on Catalina Island. I like it because you can hear the ocean in the background.

A Live Peek Inside the Catalina Island Eagles' Nest - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Now its 3 cams, oh my.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I was watching an eagle cam in Southwest Florida where the eaglet is now quite large and about to fledge. I stopped watching when the first born eaglet constantly pecked the second born, much smaller eagle until it died from starvation. This was the second time I witnessed the death of an eaglet after it was a few weeks old and finally I had to stop watching. Nature can be quite cruel. Somehow the Norfolk eagles managed to feed their young because the male was devoted to feeding along with the female and they made sure that each of the eaglets got fed. Evidentially that is not always the case for many reasons.
USTREAM - You're On - Broadcast Live Streaming Video, Watch Online Events, Chat Live, send a Tweet, follow on Facebook, MySpace, record your Live Shows
Old 03-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I was watching an eagle cam in Southwest Florida where the eaglet is now quite large and about to fledge. I stopped watching when the first born eaglet constantly pecked the second born, much smaller eagle until it died from starvation. This was the second time I witnessed the death of an eaglet after it was a few months old and finally I had to stop watching. Nature can be quite cruel. Somehow the Norfolk eagles managed to feed their young because the male was devoted to feeding along with the female and they made sure that each of the eaglets got fed. Evidentially that is not always the case for many reasons.
USTREAM - You're On - Broadcast Live Streaming Video, Watch Online Events, Chat Live, send a Tweet, follow on Facebook, MySpace, record your Live Shows
Your story kind of sounds like real life.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.