What can you do??????

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Founder
Default What can you do??????

I was in Lowe's this morning and a young woman (maybe 23) and a young man (same age) were walking up the aisle toward me. They had an infant (I mean a real little baby) in the cart they were pushing.

The child was absolutely silent. Then it said, "aaahhhh." (baby noise).

The mother banged the side of the cart with something and screeched, "shut up you little rat."
Old 11-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

Well, to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were just joking with each other. Hope so anyway.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Platinum member

Maybe it was not their child.....

It is wrong regardless....but I agree let's hope for the best.

I don't think it has anything to do with their age...some people are just mean.

Suzy Toronto
Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Founder

I'm glad the two responses are able to see this with the possibility of rose colored glasses.

This was no joke, it was clearly their child. This baby is in the possession of people who will abuse it. It was clear that the woman did not care about the baby. Her tone of voice was like when you yell at a mean dog.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Platinum member

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do....or could have done....they did not physically abuse the child right in front of you....nor did you have their information in order to report a concern to DCF....

So knowing (assuming) all of those things when I wrote my rose colored response...the only way to feel better about the world and people like this....is to hope and pray that the baby will be ok.

You asked what can you do??? I don't really think there is anything at this point in time...

Suzy Toronto
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I really don't know Jan. It is so WRONG.

I don't know what any of us can do when we see repeatedly on the news people not taking care of their children with the love and pride and absolute joy that should be there. The little five year old girl Shaniya on tonights news found dead after her mother gave her to a man for sexual purposes. Caylee Anthony, Hayleigh Cummins. A little three year old boy gone missing here in Florida this afternoon.

It is so sick and so wrong and so contrary to the human behavior that I have seen modeled by those close to me my whole life. What in the Hell is wrong with people??? It should be innate to love and cherish your own child.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-17-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I'm glad the two responses are able to see this with the possibility of rose colored glasses.

This was no joke, it was clearly their child. This baby is in the possession of people who will abuse it. It was clear that the woman did not care about the baby. Her tone of voice was like when you yell at a mean dog.

Where is the soap and water to wash out that Mom's mouth? I mean really?? That child will grow with very low self-esteem with parents like that. What a shame. Words like that can hurt more than fists.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I was in Lowe's this morning and a young woman (maybe 23) and a young man (same age) were walking up the aisle toward me. They had an infant (I mean a real little baby) in the cart they were pushing.

The child was absolutely silent. Then it said, "aaahhhh." (baby noise).

The mother banged the side of the cart with something and screeched, "shut up you little rat."
How many teeth would you guess the mother was missing?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Veteran member

As has been said before, not everyone that gives birth is a mother.

It is sad that there is so much mistreatment of children (and the elderly, and others). Economic and other pressures that young people today are feeling may be a factor; but regardless of the cause or 'explanation', abuse of others is wrong. Sometimes we have to witness that to see for ourselves its reality. Maybe saying something like, "You have created such a beautiful baby, why not speak kindly to her (him)?" would possibly make a point, in a positive way, to a parent like that.

I think that all any of us can really do is to pick one (at least) focus about which we are passionate to devote some effort to help the world be better, and hope that others do the same; and hope, and envision, that at least one of those people will be someone who has a personal or direct connection to that particular young mother and baby, and will be in a position to help that situation. Many of us wish that we had the power fix the wrongs that we see, but we can't. By focusing on something, though, we are each doing the most that we can to, collectively, help make things better.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.