What to do if you are attacked at an ATM

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I do disagree with the above opinion. As I have stated many times, if a person wants to legally carry a firearm that I have no problem with them doing it. It is my opinion that it is totally not necessary to do so in The Villages under any circumstance.

In other places, I feel the same as the places most of us travel are not the crime ridden areas of Chicago, Los Angeles, Orlando, or Detroit.
Hi Sandtrap: First I have never owned a gun, only shot one once so I could get through Navy boot camp, and thought I never would want to own a gun but this polarizing environment is generating some very strange people and for that reason our 2nd Amendment rights are more important than ever

That aside, I disagree with your with your statement because it is absolute " and there is only one absolute for those of us living on this earth.

To my recollection at least two people have been murdered here, some have been assaulted or their homes burglarized. The Villages is not crime proof and as it grows it will attract more criminals and more crime.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
To my recollection at least two people have been murdered here, some have been assaulted or their homes burglarized. The Villages is not crime proof and as it grows it will attract more criminals and more crime.
I believe you are right about two murders. One was a jealous husband who killed his wife and then himself. The other was several years ago and had to do with a 19 year old girl stealing some drugs from an Ocala drug gang and they killed her father while trying to get the drugs back. (Or something like that.)

No, The Villages is not crime proof but is still the safest place to be that I know. It is not realistic to be so scared to carry a weapon when going out for entertainment here. However, you know I am one of the most reasonable people I know. If someone can legally carry and they want to do so, go ahead and do it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.