What Do you Miss The most?

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Sage
Default What Do you Miss The most?

I recently notice that some posters have said they missed something from their previous residence after moving to TV.

What is one thing you wished hadn't changed after moving to TV?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I recently notice that some posters have said they missed something from their previous residence after moving to TV.

What is one thing you wished hadn't changed after moving to TV?
Well, these are just a few things that I miss,...my finished basement, workshop area, and outdoor storage buildings....most of us gave up some guy space to be here in paradise..
Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Red face miss !!!!!!

Nothing, Nada, I don't miss anything. If I did, I would not have moved

And besides, if I missed it that much, I would go back.....

Flame suit installed and working well
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Since I don't yet own a home in the villages, perhaps I am not qualified to respond ...... but I will. My wife and I have lived in 14 different places in our 44 years of marriage, and I miss something about every place we have lived. That being said, I have always found something I liked better about every place we moved to as well. I cannot imagine moving anyplace and not missing anything, whether it be something about the house, the friends and neighbors, the kids and grandkids, the scenery, some stores or resturaunts, or a combination of these or other things. The secret to happiness is not that you miss things in the past, it's that you always find something new to enjoy and make you happy where you are. It seems sad to me, and virtually impossible, that anyone would miss nothing about their past life experiences. Every time we come to TV we have a ball and enjoy all the things there that are unavailable where we live, the weather, the squares, the resturaunts, the shopping, the people of our age, the golf, the swimming etc. etc. We will one day own a home in the villages, hopefully this year, but we will also have a home in Missouri where we will split time, being close to our three kids and six grandkids. We think that is the best of all worlds for us, but I still kind of miss my lake cottage in Minnesota.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

I didn't say I missed it bad enough to go back! Let's see,...here's some things I don't miss:

1. Snow & ice.
2. Long, gray winter days.
3. Dry sinuses from breathing heated air all winter long.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Since I don't yet own a home in the villages, perhaps I am not qualified to respond ...... but I will. My wife and I have lived in 14 different places in our 44 years of marriage, and I miss something about every place we have lived. That being said, I have always found something I liked better about every place we moved to as well. I cannot imagine moving anyplace and not missing anything, whether it be something about the house, the friends and neighbors, the kids and grandkids, the scenery, some stores or resturaunts, or a combination of these or other things. The secret to happiness is not that you miss things in the past, it's that you always find something new to enjoy and make you happy where you are. It seems sad to me, and virtually impossible, that anyone would miss nothing about their past life experiences. Every time we come to TV we have a ball and enjoy all the things there that are unavailable where we live, the weather, the squares, the resturaunts, the shopping, the people of our age, the golf, the swimming etc. etc. We will one day own a home in the villages, hopefully this year, but we will also have a home in Missouri where we will split time, being close to our three kids and six grandkids. We think that is the best of all worlds for us, but I still kind of miss my lake cottage in Minnesota.
I moved down from the Minneapolis area and I miss so much about it. It was a great lifestyle and a wonderful place to rear a family. Great sports town. Great weekend events. Great shopping great people. Minneapolis/St Paul and surroiunding cities would not let their towns deteriorate. Miss my big house
But we all seem to remeber the good and forget the bad.

so what would I say itfI moved from The villages to somewhere else? Great weather, great golf, great people nice house dancing at the square. Hmmmmm
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Gold member

I have been here for four weeks now. I miss seeing my "kids". That is it...I do not miss a thing! I still can't believe that I am here permanently and never have to end this vacation we are on! Have I mentioned how happy I am?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Sage
Cool

I miss having a decent newspaper delivered to my home every morning; a paper with unbiased local and national coverage and good columnists.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
I miss having a decent newspaper delivered to my home every morning; a paper with unbiased local and national coverage and good columnists.
Almost every newspaper has a political bias. Other than it's obvious Republican slant, I think the Sun is a good paper. You came from a place with a paper that had a Democratic slant I am betting.

I thought I would miss our bigger house and our basement, but Sweetie put in tons of shelves in garage and closets so it is better than I thought for storage. I really do not miss anything in our house that we got rid of. I miss our grandchildren, but I would be missing them if we were in Cincinnati. They have gone away to college.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Veteran member
Default things missed

Walking in the nearby woods and seeing deer, fox, etc. and without the fear of snakes or alligators.

Autumn colors

Old friends

The first snowfall (only the first, not the rest!)

A decent hoagie

Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Walking in the nearby woods and seeing deer, fox, etc. and without the fear of snakes or alligators.

Autumn colors

Old friends

The first snowfall (only the first, not the rest!)
A decent hoagie

Ha! We haven't had a "first snowfall" yet this winter. We leave for TV with stops in Memphis, Alabama, and St. Augustine on Saturday, and will not have snow before then. Can't say I have missed it.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Sage

Since we are not there yet, here's what I'm going to miss....

My family
Beautiful Lake George
The Adirondack Balloon Festival...none like you've ever seen. 100 glorious hot air balloons launch from our local, small airport. It's breathtaking.
Friends
Having dinner on the lake

Here's what I WON"T miss...

Living in a very poor community - Lots and lots of public assistance
People who wear their Pajamas to go out to dinner, shopping,
People who don't keep themselves up...no shave, no hair cut, dirty clothes
Run down, rusty vehicles
Rude people
Smart ass kids (excuse my language)
Snow, sleet, freezing rain, the cold weather
Dirt on all of the roads from salting and sanding during the winter
Dry skin
NYS TAXES

I really can't wait to live in TV!!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Eternal Member

The Ocean -
one or two hours is too far away.....

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Sage

REALLY like living here...no more snow and cold!!!

That being said---miss seeing the kids more regularily, miss the Spring flowers (bulb plants and lilacs), miss the song-birds! Gave more than one thing, didn't I? But not enough to want to leave things here and move back north!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.