What do you think happens when you die?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2022, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,726 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry101 View Post
… some say ‘don’t talk religion’. By my faith I am commanded to by the Lord Jesus, and I do it boldly!

Matthew 28: 19-20

[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

… I honestly pray that God open the hearts & minds of people!
Don't confuse faith and religion.

Faith is a personal relationship between a person and his/her God/Higher Power/Whatever. It is "the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen". Faith, by definition, has to be sincere, or it cannot be faith. I respect faith.

Religion on the other hand, is a construct of man, not of God, and no matter how nobly or flawlessly they begin, the one thing in common is that they ALL, over time, become corrupt, profiteering in innumerable ways from how the sincerity of the believers is channeled to meet the ends of the religious hierarchy. Everything from temple moneychangers, to selling indulgences, to burning witches, to inflaming the masses to war by insisting that "God wills it", to convincing the "believers" that the more money they contribute the greater the proof will be of their faith and the greater God will reward them, to using adolescent boys as sexual objects, to overlook the crimes of persons in power because those persons have great value to their particular sect, to hiding behind various tax regulations while amassing huge fortunes, to...you name it.

I despise religion.
Old 10-16-2022, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,726 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55&Out View Post
I hope death is like the quick loss of conciousness one undergoes during anesthesia prior to a surgical procedure. Count backwards 3...2...(inject Milk of Amnesia), blackness, no pain...
I heard a guy opine some time back that the moment of death is like the most powerful orgasm you can imagine, times about one thousand.

Kinda like that idea...
Old 10-16-2022, 12:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanb View Post
believers in jesus will spend eternity in heaven with him. Those who do not believe will spend eternity in hell if you repent and believe in the lord jesus christ you will be saved. He is the only one who paid the price for sin. Many will say i’m narrow minded but you asked a really serious question and you deserved the truth and a serious answer.
amen. There is no sin greater than god's mercy. Bend your knee to save your soul. If you had 5 minutes to live you can be forgiven. Ego is the devil were born with
Old 10-16-2022, 12:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
no one truly knows/can prove (belief/faith is not fact) what happens after the mortal body ceases - except that it slowly decomposes. That can be proved. Another thing that has been proved over and over throughout history however, is that the promise and belief of perpetual utopia is the single best way to try and manipulate how adherents act during their lives, both good and bad. The sad part being, that having the 'faith/belief' that there is something great waiting after we die and one only needs to convert/believe (even at the very last second), somehow justifies the abhorrent behavior so many show toward fellow human beings (particularly against those who are not the same as oneself) - while alive.

Not to say that having belief and faith is a bad thing, as it certainly isn't and should be a huge positive toward having a better living world...and how we treat others while alive.

So why hasn't/doesn't it - actually work that way?
because humanity hasn't evolved to the point where we alll care about our fellow man. When wars cease, when all children are safe from hunger, famine, disease etc. When the world is committed to peace and live, thats when humanity evolves
Old 10-16-2022, 12:38 PM
Platinum member
Default Seek and ye shall find

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldseries27 View Post
because humanity hasn't evolved to the point where we alll care about our fellow man. When wars cease, when all children are safe from hunger, famine, disease etc. When the world is committed to peace and love thats when humanity evolves
bvm
Old 10-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmowhiskers View Post
have had two open heart surgeries. 2005 post surgery dream encounter was a woman dressed in a long white gown that as i was sinking, pulled me out of the finest, softest gold dust you could ever imagine. For believers, the streets of heaven are paved in gold so pure you can see through it. 2019 had cath lab gone bad. Last word before the first code blue episode was "i feel dizzy!"

to this day and everyday i can still see the complete and utter darkness. A pitch black, lights out darkness that is like no other darkness you have ever seen. When you close your eyes light still passes through your eyelids and the brain and mind is still processing. I was brought back to life again. I did not "see or walk toward the light" nor did i experience hell. Though i did not have a heavenly encounter in 2019, i have not lost my faith in god's eternal promises.

God gives free will. To each their own on how they use it. For me, i choose to worship the lord.
amen
Old 10-16-2022, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Don't confuse faith and religion.

Faith is a personal relationship between a person and his/her God/Higher Power/Whatever. It is "the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen". Faith, by definition, has to be sincere, or it cannot be faith. I respect faith.

Religion on the other hand, is a construct of man, not of God, and no matter how nobly or flawlessly they begin, the one thing in common is that they ALL, over time, become corrupt, profiteering in innumerable ways from how the sincerity of the believers is channeled to meet the ends of the religious hierarchy. Everything from temple moneychangers, to selling indulgences, to burning witches, to inflaming the masses to war by insisting that "God wills it", to convincing the "believers" that the more money they contribute the greater the proof will be of their faith and the greater God will reward them, to using adolescent boys as sexual objects, to overlook the crimes of persons in power because those persons have great value to their particular sect, to hiding behind various tax regulations while amassing huge fortunes, to...you name it.

I despise religion.
Same here. I think Dr Frankenstein's creation might have put it like this, "Faith good. Religion bad.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Mahmood asks "Where are my seventy-two virgins?"
he gets a room full of video nerds,
Old 10-16-2022, 01:05 PM
Platinum member
Default The universe is your proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird45 View Post
it doesn't matter if there is anything after you die you deal with it.
I'm not a believer. I always looked at the promise of a better place was to keep people in line.
If you're good boys and girls santa will bring you gifts.
I've signed up to donate my organs after i die.
Does that mean if there is a better place, i will show up missing body parts
things humanity takes for granted as if it's their birthright
rather than a gift from our creator.
The air you breathe.
The water you drink
the soil that supports our bio diverse life.
The van allen belt that protects our atmosphere from destruction
the earths magnetic field created by its molten core and distributed by the earth's poles that protect us from cosmic radiation
and charged particles
the ecosystem that recycles everything for your survival.
All of this supported by extraterrestrial bodies, our sun and moon.
Now you can take the position that you are entitled to all of the above or you can see with your own eyes god's master plan at work in this small solar system of ours
Old 10-16-2022, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
It's a tragedy what hunters do to wild animals; then hanging up their heads as trophies. Watch the movie "Sequoia." The Capitol Presents 'Sequoia,' a Distinguished Animal Film The New York Times - Breaking News, US News, World News and Videos › 1935/02/23 › archives › the-c...
But the film possesses genuine artistic distinction, and it encompasses an emotional cycle that is more profoundly touching than most human make-believe.
i can't watch that stuff, i find it more upsetting that the latest horror movie. seriously.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:08 PM
Default What do you think happens when you die

It all depends on how you lived your life.
Very simple! If you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior then you go to Heaven, if you didn't accept Jesus, then you go to HELL!
Eternity is a VERY long time.
Make the correct decision!!
Old 10-16-2022, 01:15 PM
Platinum member
Default S o s

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
i’ve always suspected that i agree with you. So we are “manipulated” into behaving better…lol…if it works….

Personally, i think there maybe many ways to “heaven”. I don’t think the lord left anybody out if they are good people. The buddhist have enlightment as sort of heaven equivalent. The muslims have several different heavens. The judeo christians have the same set of guys waiting for them. Speaking personally, no way i’m not going to see if i can meet moses and isaiah if they have time for me. And since i fail in my good intentions so often, i will need help from jesus to get there in the first place. Just saying….
you have to ask to be saved. Seek and you shall find, knock and it will be opened, ask and it will be given you
there is no sin greater than god's mercy.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeye View Post
well we better have a strong belief in god. I guess nobody really knows for sure if we come back as another baby or what. I don’t know anybody that died & reappeared. Good question, i often wondered about this to, but i do believe in god, & my life is rapidly coming to an end. I just hope everything we’ve been told is true!
peace be with you
Old 10-16-2022, 01:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
so when my cell phone battery dies, or gets run over by a truck it is still operating on another plane of existence ?
yes if the other jimbo is better prepared
Old 10-16-2022, 01:32 PM

I attended Canal Rec Ctr today, Humanist Club. The topic was "Is Jesus Real?" Fascinating presentation and audience questions. The speaker & facilitator are Atheists, and the speaker spoke of actual facts that Jesus is a myth. I believe in Reincarnation. I honor "The Light" in anyone who believes otherwise.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.