What has happened to Honda, Acura.

Old 05-09-2024, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,236 Times in 2,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Several Hondas years ago, then a gap, then another Honda that was horrible. While being fixed, loaner car died, Replacement also died. Quality seems to be far lower than older cars
My wife’s 2019 HRV has 90K trouble free miles and counting. It doesn’t have lots of power but gets great mileage and is a pleasure to drive.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidshinn View Post
I have a 2018 Acura MDX and I have received a recall notice that the engine may throw a rod bearing (blow up). I also have a recall notice that the fuel pump may stop working. Both abnormalities would render the car unusable. Their advice was to park the vehicle and not bring it in to the dealer, because they don’t have any parts to fix the problems. They will let me know sometime in the future when they will look at the vehicle. Who would buy one of these used, or take it as a trade in knowing that these recalls exist and they don’t have the parts to repair? I can remember when Honda cars were super reliable and lasted forever.
Honda made its entire reputation off one car- the Honda Accord which WAS bulletproof. Not like Toyota at all. Amazing how Americans equate good car quality with Japanese because of Toyota and the Honday Accord. I had a CRV and it was a lemon and an Accura for 2 years before the maintenance costs made me trade back to a Buick. Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suburu are no better than anything else. We have a Buick and a Toyota and very happy. Would never buy another Honda myself.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 05-10-2024, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

honda used to make the best lawnmowers........ used to, no more.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,175 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Honda made its entire reputation off one car- the Honda Accord which WAS bulletproof. Not like Toyota at all. Amazing how Americans equate good car quality with Japanese because of Toyota and the Honday Accord. I had a CRV and it was a lemon and an Accura for 2 years before the maintenance costs made me trade back to a Buick. Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suburu are no better than anything else. We have a Buick and a Toyota and very happy. Would never buy another Honda myself.
Those in the industry, as well as most consumers, would disagree. Toyota and Honda are in a class by themselves. Nissan and Subaru surely aren't in that same class, but they focus on a different customer. Buick has come a long way, but I wouldn't put them anyone near the Toyota/Honda class.

The only place people seem to buy Mitsubishi, is in Florida. You could drive around the Northeast for a month and never see one on the road, that isn't 15 years old.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
honda used to make the best lawnmowers........ used to, no more.
Go into an equipment rental store. Almost all Hondas
Old 05-11-2024, 04:28 AM
Veteran member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Several Hondas years ago, then a gap, then another Honda that was horrible. While being fixed, loaner car died, Replacement also died. Quality seems to be far lower than older cars
Tell me it ain't so , just bought a 2024 CRV, traded in my 2008, 110,000. miles other than brakes, tires and battery, a starter needed to be replaced , normal scheduled maintenance, oh well
Old 05-11-2024, 05:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
Tell me it ain't so , just bought a 2024 CRV, traded in my 2008, 110,000. miles other than brakes, tires and battery, a starter needed to be replaced , normal scheduled maintenance, oh well
You bought what is probably the 2nd best vehicle of it's type, made in the last 50 years.

The only other vehicle in that class that favorably compares with the CRV, is the Toyota Rav 4.

A company I work for, owns 17 dealerships, representing almost every A tier manufacturer. If you walked into any of our stores and asked any knowledgable person, what's the best "small SUV on the market" or what's the "most dependable, convenient, small import for my daughter going to college" ... without exception, they would tell you to buy a Honda CRV or a Toyota Rav 4. Comparing them to anything else on the market, is like the men vs the boys.
Old 05-11-2024, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

I’ve got a 2012 Honda Ridgeline thats never needed anything except tires and brakes. It’s got on demand all wheel drive and runs perfectly and drives thru anything. I also have various small Honda engines on things such as a wood splitter and lawnmowers that start on the first pull even after not being used for 6 months. I’d buy Honda again all day.
Old 05-11-2024, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,001 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Have you ever owned a Hyundai or Kia???

No I like parking my car in garage
Old 05-11-2024, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
You bought what is probably the 2nd best vehicle of it's type, made in the last 50 years.

The only other vehicle in that class that favorably compares with the CRV, is the Toyota Rav 4.

A company I work for, owns 17 dealerships, representing almost every A tier manufacturer. If you walked into any of our stores and asked any knowledgable person, what's the best "small SUV on the market" or what's the "most dependable, convenient, small import for my daughter going to college" ... without exception, they would tell you to buy a Honda CRV or a Toyota Rav 4. Comparing them to anything else on the market, is like the men vs the boys.
The Rav4 was on the list for sure, but my preference leaned towards the Honda styling as well as the excellent reliability I experienced spent a lot of time in that car, took very good care of it, almost expected it to follow me home.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidshinn View Post
I have a 2018 Acura MDX and I have received a recall notice that the engine may throw a rod bearing (blow up). I also have a recall notice that the fuel pump may stop working. Both abnormalities would render the car unusable. Their advice was to park the vehicle and not bring it in to the dealer, because they don’t have any parts to fix the problems. They will let me know sometime in the future when they will look at the vehicle. Who would buy one of these used, or take it as a trade in knowing that these recalls exist and they don’t have the parts to repair? I can remember when Honda cars were super reliable and lasted forever.
Honda and Acura are not the same company. Acura is a branch of Honda…..

One difference between Honda and Acura is that Honda vehicles are renowned for their reliability, efficiency, and high safety ratings. And, while there is some overlap between Honda and Acura offerings, Honda will be a better choice if you’re looking for a small car, midsize car, small SUV, or midsize SUV. Models like the Civic, CR-V, and Pilot are all strong choices in their respective segments and don’t come with the premium pricing of Acura models. And I doubt either has control over the place the parts are made. I don’t have either of those cars and had to wait months for a part to come in to fix my windshield wiper fluid.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Honda and Acura are not the same company. Acura is a branch of Honda…..

One difference between Honda and Acura is that Honda vehicles are renowned for their reliability, efficiency, and high safety ratings. And, while there is some overlap between Honda and Acura offerings, Honda will be a better choice if you’re looking for a small car, midsize car, small SUV, or midsize SUV. Models like the Civic, CR-V, and Pilot are all strong choices in their respective segments and don’t come with the premium pricing of Acura models. And I doubt either has control over the place the parts are made. I don’t have either of those cars and had to wait months for a part to come in to fix my windshield wiper fluid.

Simply cutting and pasting word for word nonsense you find with a Google search, from a dealer's website that sells only Honda, provides no value. You simply cut and pasted the text of your post, from here:

Attention Required! | Cloudflare.

Acura is a wholly owned division of Honda, just like General Motors owns Buick and Chevrolet and Toyota owns Lexus.

Acura is Honda's "luxury brand" and most every vehicle is based on a Honda model, with improved performance and luxury. Traditionally, both brands rank in the Top 5, when it comes to reliability and repair frequency. Acura is typically a notch above Honda, but they have flip-flopped for years.

If you want the best reliability in the automotive industry, you buy Toyota or Honda. If you want the best reliability in the industry, but better performance and luxury, you buy Acura or Lexus.

By most any matrix you want to use, it's been that way for 25+ years and not likely to change anytime soon. Individual models may have some variation, but across the product line, Honda and Acura rank among most dependable, reliable and durable vehicles sold in the USA.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,236 Times in 2,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Acura is a wholly owned division of Honda, just like General Motors owns Buick and Chevrolet and Toyota owns Lexus.

Acura is Honda's "luxury brand" and most every vehicle is based on a Honda model, with improved performance and luxury.
Totally true. When I owned an Acura Integra my insurance was unusually high. It was explained to me by an insurance underwriter that the Integra had the highest theft rate of any vehicle on the road. A certain segment of the population, that favored driving Honda Civics modified to be low to the ground, with loud mufflers, and tinted windows, targeted stealing Integras for their higher performance parts to soup up their rides.

Tags
vehicle, parts, notice, recall, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.