What would you do

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:28 PM
TheVillageChicken's Avatar
TheVillageChicken TheVillageChicken is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It looks like there might be some text between the lines...let me see if I can read it. Hmmmm. Looks like you may be upset not so much about the cookie or the locker intrusion, but rather by who it was that done the deed.
  #17  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:40 PM
fred53 fred53 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Let it go, but do tell her that you'd appreciate it that she not go in your locker without asking. She might get offended, but you can't please everyone and she did go into a place that she did not belong without permission...she should have asked first...luck...
  #18  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:43 PM
BobandMary BobandMary is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Honestly, I'd let it go. You were generous and kind. It didn't work out as you planned. I'd leave goodies in the break room next time. Within 10 minutes, everybody knows who brought in the treats. Please don't be discouraged. You did a kind thing! Do it again.
  #19  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:45 PM
fred53 fred53 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I've met this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Seriously, over just a cookie. Wow, this is Florida's friendliest hometown, isn't it? Cookies must have been dipped in gold.
kind of individual and their relatives...if it doesn't bother them then it shouldn't bother you and how come they can't just do what they please...they trivialize everything unless it's something they care about...then look out!

They would eat your lunch right out of the common refrigerator...among a plethora of other trivial things(overly boisterous, loud music)aka: the ugly American...
  #20  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Beechie Beechie is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseylou View Post
I brought cookies to work to be shared among my fellow workers
I saw people before clocking in and offered them a cookie
I did tell them I was sharing
I then put cookies in my locker
A few minutes later a fellow worker thanked me for cookie
I did not offer her cookie, I did not tell her to help herself to my locker
She went in and helped herself
I feel like she stole from me and I feel violated
Would you tell management if it means she might be terminated
Had this lady in question been there at clock-in time would you have offered her a cookie? If so, then I would let her know that you have no problem with her having a cookie except for the fact that she opened your locker and helped herself to a cookie without your knowledge. The question would be why did you think it was ok to do that?
  #21  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Beechie Beechie is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMary View Post
Honestly, I'd let it go. You were generous and kind. It didn't work out as you planned. I'd leave goodies in the break room next time. Within 10 minutes, everybody knows who brought in the treats. Please don't be discouraged. You did a kind thing! Do it again.
Although I agree with your post BobandMary, I don't believe you should let that indescretion go unchallenged.
  #22  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:44 PM
sunnyatlast sunnyatlast is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There are always clueless people around, having no manners.

I'd have a padlock on my locker, cookies or no cookies. Do y'all put your purses in these lockers??
  #23  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:13 AM
goldseekur goldseekur is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 196
Thanks: 302
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo View Post
Why was your locker unlocked?
I'm with Deseylou on this one. It doesn't matter that the locker was not locked, the person opened someone else's locker, took SOMETHING from it without the person's permission. In my book that's STEALING no matter what the item is.
  #24  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:20 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,582
Thanks: 4,352
Thanked 4,885 Times in 1,672 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Is this here, or where you now live?

Not that it matters, but is this a general question? If it's here I will make some cookies take them to the place where you work, share them with EVERYONE, and then beat up the person that took the cookie. If it's there, you are on your own.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-14-2015 at 09:25 AM.
  #25  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 43,410
Thanks: 3,979
Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,044 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMary View Post
Honestly, I'd let it go. You were generous and kind. It didn't work out as you planned. I'd leave goodies in the break room next time. Within 10 minutes, everybody knows who brought in the treats. Please don't be discouraged. You did a kind thing! Do it again.
I agree with this.
  #26  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 AM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 14,035
Thanks: 379
Thanked 1,224 Times in 559 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
kind of individual and their relatives...if it doesn't bother them then it shouldn't bother you and how come they can't just do what they please...they trivialize everything unless it's something they care about...then look out!

They would eat your lunch right out of the common refrigerator...among a plethora of other trivial things(overly boisterous, loud music)aka: the ugly American...
Man, you sure did extrapolate a lot outta that one cookie!
__________________
It's harder to hate close up.
  #27  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Cisco Kid's Avatar
Cisco Kid Cisco Kid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monticello IL
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseylou View Post
I brought cookies to work to be shared among my fellow workers
I saw people before clocking in and offered them a cookie
I did tell them I was sharing
I then put cookies in my locker
A few minutes later a fellow worker thanked me for cookie
I did not offer her cookie, I did not tell her to help herself to my locker
She went in and helped herself
I feel like she stole from me and I feel violated
Would you tell management if it means she might be terminated
This is not really about a cookie is it.
The cookie represents someting you do not like about this person.
Now take one of those cookie out, SMASH IT.
You will feel better.
Now tell us why you do not like her.

I'm listening.
__________________
My alarm doesn't have a snooze button. It has a paw.

Chloe
&
Lulu
  #28  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:27 AM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
This is not really about a cookie is it.
The cookie represents someting you do not like about this person.
Now take one of those cookie out, SMASH IT.
You will feel better.
Now tell us why you do not like her.

I'm listening.
I know someone whose cookie should be smashed.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #29  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Walter123 Walter123 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This thread has made me lose my cookies.
  #30  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 AM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 14,035
Thanks: 379
Thanked 1,224 Times in 559 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
This thread has made me lose my cookies.
I think I'm gonna toss mine.
__________________
It's harder to hate close up.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.