What is your guess as to percentage of Villagers who are vaccinated against Covid-19?

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2021, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Interesting article. And from the NIH too. If I am not mistaken, this kind of reinforces what Golfing Eagles has said all along.
I'd like to see GE weigh in on this abstract.

Golfing Eagles.....where are you?
Old 04-25-2021, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Nobody knows the long term effects of these synthetic mRNA vaccines. They haven't been used for even a year yet. They are not FDA approved. The government has promised to idemnify the manufacturers against any lawsuits resulting from long term problems. They said it would take 3 years to develop a vaccine, yet these arrived in months, thanks to Trump's "Warp Speed" approach. If anything goes wrong in the future, Trump will likely be blamed.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Excellent response.
However, is there any contradictory evidence to suggest that his(?) opinion is flawed? Just wondering. I hear a lot of opinions that are framed as fact on here, and some folks back up their statements with links to articles. An article that is accepted by NIH surely must have some legitimacy, or am I mistaken? Personally, I find it interesting BUT difficult to accept the author's opinion, primarily based on how many medical professionals and scientists utilize masks for hours, daily. But, that is only my opinion.
The NIH did not review this paper and say "this is a great paper, let's put it on our website." They put ALL papers on their website without review, even crappy ones like this.

Here's the thing. If he makes a hypothesis, he should support it with data. Why should I disprove his hypothesis when he didn't prove it in the first place?
Old 04-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Nobody knows the long term effects of these synthetic mRNA vaccines. They haven't been used for even a year yet. They are not FDA approved. The government has promised to idemnify the manufacturers against any lawsuits resulting from long term problems. They said it would take 3 years to develop a vaccine, yet these arrived in months, thanks to Trump's "Warp Speed" approach. If anything goes wrong in the future, Trump will likely be blamed.
I am a very bottom line person. For me the vaccine was a choice to die now or die later. We are still here, all of us. We may not be able to bear children in the future or we may all switch in three years to being FISCAL CONSERVATIVES.....or we may grow warts on our fannies. If a person is over seventy they were at more than moderate risk from dying from Covid-19 if they contracted it. That was o.k. for some people but for the people who are smart and sassy and vocal and feisty and who live in The Villages, they apparently weighed the risk and even if they voted (cough) the way they voted and the media says they are anti-vaccine, about 70% of us here in The Villages got the shot(s). Good for us. Now we will wait and watch. Please try not to get pregnant or impregnate others.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Not exactly -

The mRNA revolution: How COVID-19 hit fast-forward on an experimental technology
Old 04-26-2021, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
I have to laugh at all those folks who insist the mRNA vaccines were "fast tracked". They are so wrong about that. I've known for quite some time now that these vaccines had their origin stages many years ago. This is a great article. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I have to laugh at all those folks who insist the mRNA vaccines were "fast tracked". They are so wrong about that. I've known for quite some time now that these vaccines had their origin stages many years ago. This is a great article. Thanks for posting.

I read that New Atlas article several days ago.

And thanks for taking part in the experiment!
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccinated, map, percentage, villagers, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.