What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Sage
Default Re: What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

Barbi,

Another interesting fact about Ouma and I, Both our names mean grandma in different languages. Oumas in Afrikaans and mine in Italian. What could this all mean???? And, we do plan on a get together for a birdie fun day. hmmmmm!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:27 AM

NHSNOWBIRD ... tells it's own story. We are from New Hampshire and we are snowbirds. No picture ... I was absent that day.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Gold member

Haven't figured out the picture part yet, probably will be of my pooch....much better to look at than me!!!

The name......Beady.....cause I love working with beads.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:06 PM

When I moved here in July I was homesick and husbandless so when I registered for TOTV I used MSNPA - "Missing Pennsylvania" (Missin PA). Not so much homesick any longer, but I will stick with this handle.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:45 AM

Our truck 'monster' is a gray hog we used for RV'ing the past couple of years.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Sage

Chelsea was the name of my first cat. Given to me when I was really ill for about a year and a half. I think he pulled me through. Was reading an Agatha Christie book at the time and Chelsea was taken from the mystery. Have a replica of the Chelsea street sign from London in my office. The picture is a sketch about 9 years ago done in Paris. As I've told others and it's true, I told the artist I would pay him double if he would make it very flattering and he did! Actually I should have paid him triple Lol Younger, thinner and dreamy (I had just gotten engaged to my husband that day.) wav
Old 01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Taltarzac

Taltarzac is from the first 3 letters of the first names of people dear to me. For instance, the Beatles (John, Paul, Ringo, and George) would be Johpauringeo. The Three Stooges in one of their various manifestations would be Moecurlar. (Moe, Curly, and Larry).

My current picture is Ma Kettle (Marjorie Main). She shares my birthday 2-24 like the other people I have had up as my avatars like Winslow Homer (birthday 2-24-1836) and one of the Grimm brothers of the Fairy Tales fame. I would rather put up Billy Zane (also born February 24) but I am sure all the pictures of him are protected by the copyright of the photographer.

I had Will Rogers up for a while too just because I like a lot of his views.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

-no picture, but as for my name...

Boomer - obvious reason

BeBack - A little story...

Remember the days of those high pressure sales pitches for timeshares for everything from campsites to condos to cruises? A free meal could bait you through the door. The sales people had a name for those who would show up, eat, listen politely to the spiel for the deal that was good "for today only" and then try to make a gracious exit by saying that they would be back. They called those people the "BeBacks" and knew they would never be back.

I visited TV and I listened and I learned stuff. But I might actually be back some day.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

All right , As long as everyone else is doing it I guess I will too.
I used to winter in Destin FL ...One day while coming down the elevator with a friend I noticed on the wall a sign that said "NO SMOKING , NO FUMAR" Upon reaching the lobby I complained to the desk that someone had been
Fumaring in the elevator, they asked "smoking ??" I answered " no not smoking , fumaring and it smells terrible "..Well they never let me forget it and still call me Mr. Fumar to this day....I really don't think the girls at THE ISLANDER IN DESTIN know what my real name is....
PS Sometimes when I would leave to go play golf one of the girls would speak over the loudspeaker in the parking lot "FUMAR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING"......
I still send them a Christmas Card and sign it FUMAR..... ;D ;D ;D
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Could have sworn we did this before, but some of us (me?) have a few memory problems. Current memories, that is, not ancient memories. My name comes from the 4th grade, I think, when I was starting a new school. When the teacher introduced me, the cutest boy in the whole class said oh, no, not another Linda! As I remember there were 6 Lindas that year. Wonder what happened to that boy? Did God smite him for embarrassing me?

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 01-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda
Could have sworn we did this before, but some of us (me?) have a few memory problems. Current memories, that is, not ancient memories. My name comes from the 4th grade, I think, when I was starting a new school. When the teacher introduced me, the cutest boy in the whole class said oh, no, not another Linda! As I remember there were 6 Lindas that year. Wonder what happened to that boy? Did God smite him for embarrassing me?
I do remember your story, Another Linda. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Sage

Linda, what a cute story!Hope that boy didnt tramatize you for life!! Insensitive kids can say things that can really affect you for a long time to come! Remember your special, not just another Linda!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Sage

Guess what another Linda, my real name is Linda too! I certainly know that feeling and also tons of girls in grade school and high school sharing our name. If someone called out that name in my high school hallway, half the girls would turn around. Lol On a brighter note, the name Linda does mean beautiful or lovely in Spanish, so I guess for you and me . . . that's not too shabby! Glad to know you, another Linda from another Linda. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe mine is self explanatory (I do golf a least once a day sometimes twice).
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Eternal Member

No picture for no reason.

The name is self explanatory too.

Sorry to be soooo boring!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.