Who tweets? Does anyone tweet? I.Q. state by state

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2015, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think it's more the time than the place, as far as locking doors and allowing kids to run free. We never had to worry in PA, OH, NJ, MI, up until the last few years. And we lived in both cities and the country.

Our kids had a beautiful childhood running around Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake. Barefoot. Before that it was Shongum Lake in North Jersey and before that beautiful downtown Pittsburgh. No worries.
Fully agree CFrance - it is more the time than the place. I grew up in Cleveland Ohio and we didn't lock doors and left the keys in the car! Today I wouldn't even drive my car through there.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:41 AM
Sage
Default Welcome

[quote=barefoot;1003898]that's a great idea. Lollipop is big enough to pull a sleigh with suitcases aboard.
We can slip into the usa unnoticed in the dead of winter. Vermont here we come.[/quote

WELCOME !!!
Old 02-01-2015, 05:55 AM
Sage
Default Problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I wouldn't put much trust or faith in what you read on Facebook. The same holds true for the "Tweets" you read. Without a source of what you are reading, it's worthless -- just words with no meaning.

If Florida has been your favorite vacation spot for 50 years and you still aren't here, just what is your problem?? For not living here, you have an awful lot to say on this forum.

You are correct about Facebook, etc., etc.

We will continue to vacation in Florida (in the springtime mostly) as the excessive heat & humidity is bothersome.........plus my husband has Lupus (whereby the sun causes plaques to break out on his face). Our adult children continue the tradition of bringing their own little ones to Disney World each year........we have cousins living in Brooksville, Florida.......& elsewhere in Fla.

We may "rent" in TV or vicinity. No law against people renting out their homes for several months, right? Or us paying them the rent?

The entire U.S. is a beautiful place to explore.......we just happen to prefer the cooler regions. It's not a crime.

Directions:

Place the prunes in a dish, pour the water over them, add lemon juice.

Place in fridge overnight.

Enjoy.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post

[B]I.Q's per state. SCROLL DOWN TO MAP.......THEN CLICK ON EACH STATE FOR I.Q.'S.......RED STATES HAVE HIGHEST I.Q.'S

5. Mississippi
4. Arkansas
3. Alabama
2. South Carolina
1. Louisiana

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-01-2015, 06:37 AM
Sage

I'm moving to Vermont to raise my I.Q as long as SC can guarantee it will stop snowing there!!!

A fun thread for a change of pace.

BTW - I don't tweet, I tend to sing.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-02-2015, 06:33 AM
Sage
Default You are very welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I'm moving to Vermont to raise my I.Q as long as SC can guarantee it will stop snowing there!!!

A fun thread for a change of pace.

BTW - I don't tweet, I tend to sing.

You are very welcome........you've always had a nice sense of humor, PLUS don't obsess over every little cultural difference.

Those of us from the cities (as kids) have more tolerance it seems.

Not sure I can promise that it will ever stop snowing..........
MORE TODAY. Schools are all closed again.
I don't tweet either........that thread was all in FUN.
Each state has it's "brains" as well as NOT. That's for sure.

P.S.
When your folks had their restaurants, did any non Italians order the peppers & eggs or the potatoes & eggs???

I'll bet they did (irregardless of what Bonanza might think).....

In high school, all of the other kids would OFFER TO TRADE SANDWICHES with the Italian kids whose moms' packed them our "humble peasant fare"........no matter what it was that day.

Anyone can eat a cold cuts on white bread sandwich or a Peanut Butter/Jelly......but to have an eggplant parm, peppers & eggs, potatoes & eggs, etc. or meatball sub, sausage, peppers & onions......that took some "love" from the momma.

It usually was the kids who had older brothers along with their fathers who needed the bag lunch to bring to work..............the rest of us used the cafeteria.

SO TWEET THAT

I guarantee it will stop snowing by May 1st......or at least May 31.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I.Q. is innate. A good education can cause you to score better on standardized tests but it really does not change your ability.

So having a lot of colleges is a nice thing, but doesn't mean that you have smarter people. AND having a high I.Q. may mean you have certain measurable abilities but it doesn't mean you will be more successful in life. It HELPS sometimes, but sometimes you end up only dressing funny.

Most people love the culture and the landscape of the place where they were born and grew up. A nice Ohio farmer would challenge whether a person born in a huge city had more tolerance for others. THAT is a value. I often wonder whether people from large cities ever understand what it is like to live in a rural place for their formative years. Senior, you have lived in a large city and in a less populated area.

Diversity is an interesting thing. I ended up on a street in a nice suburb in Cincinnati that had people from very diverse areas of the world. Many people who came in to work for General Electric and Proctor and Gamble chose our area because of the good school system and nice homes.

I found that people were pretty much the same. Most were hard workers and all loved their children. There were different ways that people were taught to maintain their homes. Our next door neighbors from India had always had servants and they were always asking us for advice on buying things like lawn mowers and what to do about home maintenance. They were kind and peace loving and bright and funny and we LOVED them.

So in the middle of a suburb in Ohio we had people born in Asia, Europe, and Africa. But they all put up Christmas lights when I asked them too.

I never thought it might be intrusive or rude. But I guess it was. I was on the committee for Lumenaria and they graciously bought their bags and candles and lit them on the 24th.

I think that where you live and what you love about it is always personal and reflects if you usually love people.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
I guarantee it will stop snowing by May 1st......or at least May 31.
No snow here in The Villages.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[

Almost everyone holds dear the place that they grew up.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-02-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Senior Citizen: Vermont State Librarian Martha Reid reports, "We have more public libraries per capita than any other state (183). Vermont libraries reported 3.6 million visits!"
Of course, that's where people go to keep warm in winter.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.