Why am I on TOTV all the time?

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Sage
Default Why am I on TOTV all the time?

Ok, I'm a frequent flyer. What good has totv done for you?

I'm amazed that often when I go out with Emma that people say, "Oh, you're kittygilchrist--I recognize the boxer."
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I've gotten great info and made some good friends, including you! and I have much fun with some humorous people i've never even met.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:38 AM

The best source of information when I'm thinking of buying/trying something in TV. And, I've been reading enough posts to know whether or not I generally am in tune with the poster's thinking - or not!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

Initially I came for educational purposes and that I still do. Now I find I can get anything from a recipe to something that makes me laugh out loud when I'm in a room with nobody around except one of the dogs. I know what poster may annoy me and bring out what may not be my best side. So far, for the most part, I type a response and delete before I go off. So, I guess I come here and every emotion can be involved in a single thread.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
Initially I came for educational purposes and that I still do. Now I find I can get anything from a recipe to something that makes me laugh out loud when I'm in a room with nobody around except one of the dogs. I know what poster may annoy me and bring out what may not be my best side. So far, for the most part, I type a response and delete before I go off. So, I guess I come here and every emotion can be involved in a single thread.
Yes, ma'am. It riles me, tickles me, buries me with fact and fiction, aggravates the stuffing out of me, coddles me, gets in my face, and sends strong, caring, lifelong friends my way.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Sage

1. Mostly good friends.
2. Tons of information, that was helpful.
3. Recommendations of contractors, that saved me a lot of money.
4. A feeling of comfort knowing, that someone would have an answer to a problem.

More???

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Yes, ma'am. It riles me, tickles me, buries me with fact and fiction, aggravates the stuffing out of me, coddles me, gets in my face, and sends strong, caring, lifelong friends my way.
We're still in PA, but look forward to the lifelong friend part in 16 months when we can meet all the wonderful people that post here. They may not all be wonderful, lets say interesting too!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Sage

It's the fastest way to see the vast diversity of The Villages.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

For a long time TOTV was a well kept secret from me. Actually, someone who didn't even live here told me about this site after I had lived in TV for over 4 years. He is "computer nerd"----for lack of a better term.

INFORMATION----is the number one thing I get from this site. Occasionaly, I might share "something" useful but lots of people know more than me.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Hi guys, flattery will get you no extra points with the moderators
Old 05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi guys, flattery will get you no extra points with the moderators
I think I killed any chances of flattering the mods a long time ago.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Talk Host, the Villages Computer Club, Jan Kokochak.

Quote:

I'm amazed that often when I go out with Emma that people say, "Oh, you're kittygilchrist--I recognize the boxer."
Jan Kokochak: Ex-Santa Claus Stand-in?

The July of 2007, Jan Kokochak (Talk Host) talked about TOTV at a Villages Computer Club meeting. I would often see 2-24 in their meetings and it dawned on me that they are referencing Steve Jobs and his birthday. I had had a hope that my work on survivors rights/victims rights had been more successful and they were referencing my birthday of 2-24 and the murder of Michelle Mitchell on 2-24 in 1976 in Reno, Nevada that drew me to force the issue of a niche in practical information for survivors of crimes as well as victims accessible through libraries while I was an insider with some of the most powerful law librarians in the US in 1989-1991. I knew though pretty much for certain they were referencing Steve Jobs at the Villages Computer Club or it was just a co-incidence as patterns happen all the time with no meaning or intent of a meaning.

Anyway, I figured after all the problems like a virulent troll of five years or so I had with Findlaw and pushing this cause on it for years (2001-2006) , I would give another message board a try mainly because of how well Jan Kokochak sold it to the Villages Computer Club that July 2007 meeting.

I also promised myself I would try to post about everything else as well so as not to bore people with some cause or another.

As with Findlaw, I also hoped that people from different parts of the country would look at some of my messages and become interested in the work I had been doing for survivors' of crimes with respect to libraries and the Internet and access to practical information.

I did have an agenda with some of my postings. The Michelle Mitchell murder of 2-24 (1976) as well as a number of others (the Gypsy Hills murders) in February 1976 are again under investigation http://gypsyhillmurders.com/ so I may post a little more about this unless it bores people. http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines...o-248935251.ht

My work though was more about daily crimes that might occur to people who might find themselves needing practical information related to survivors' rights such as those involved with domestic violence, burglaries, preventing suicides, abuse of power by employers, etc. I still believe that librarians should aggressively try to get any and all information they can- in a very easy to use format-- into their libraries or accessible through the web-sites. This is a task that changes as criminals adapt to create new kinds of survivors of crimes.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-12-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

I think it is a way of staying in touch with people that you have just met & learning new ways of doing things and finding out about what is going on in TV.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Dancing Thyme

Before I moved to TV, I was on TOTV almost 24/7 especially because I was 3 hours behind in time zone. We also had a great chat room that every evening at least 10-12 of us went into to talk about what's new and it was soooo much fun. Now, most of us live here and we see each other all the time and the chat room is no longer so I don't come onto TOTV except maybe once a day to check up on who's doing what and what's the latest. There's just not enough hours in the day to be on the computer and also enjoy what's happening in town.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
I think totv is a great learning tool. For example, it's interesting to see the difference between the way most women post and the way most men post. Women, with some exceptions, are here for a "tea party" - innocent chit-chat. Men, with some exceptions, are here on "serious business".....

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.