Why?? Why Oh Why.

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts
Default Why?? Why Oh Why.

Why do people post on ToTV???

For some reason I was locked out of this website. I was probably a bad boy and said something. This is not the point.

Since I was locked out for a few months, I got out of the groove of posting. Again, this is not the point.

But now, I'm slowly accelerating and starting to post more......getting closer to the point of this thread.

NOW THE POINT..............Why?? Why am I back posting?? I know no one cares, so the general question.......Why do people post on ToTV???

Old 06-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Platinum member

I think it has a lot to do with the original question or post. One can gain useful information/advice from others knowledge or experience. Then again, sometimes the post or reply is so asinine we just can’t help ourselves....
Old 06-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Perhaps a psychologist, psychiatrist or sociologist could answer your question?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

To me TOTV is sort of like the iPhone is to teenagers - addictive.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
To me TOTV is sort of like the iPhone is to teenagers - addictive.
I agree. Ask my husband, he'll tell ya all about my addiction.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I think it has a lot to do with the original question or post. One can gain useful information/advice from others knowledge or experience. Then again, sometimes the post or reply is so asinine we just can’t help ourselves....
So which one are you saying the OP's is? Sorry, couldn't help myself, just had to ask.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

For some reason I was locked out of this website. I was probably a bad boy and said something. This is not the point.

Since I was locked out for a few months, I got out of the groove of posting. Again, this is not the point.

But now, I'm slowly accelerating and starting to post more......getting closer to the point of this thread.

NOW THE POINT..............Why?? Why am I back posting?? I know no one cares, so the general question.......Why do people post on ToTV???

Actually, I think it is an interesting question though. I was locked out once for a couple of weeks and I wasn't even a bad girl. I know some people who have gotten upset about something and just decided to quit posting. I thought about it too - maybe for 1 or 2 minutes - then there I was, back on here. Anyway, it will be interesting what others may have to say.

As far as no one caring about you being on here or not, I would beg to differ. I think we all enjoy your humor. In fact, that is one of the reasons I do like this forum is for the levity at times. Other times it has been very informative and has helped to answer a lot of questions that I've had over the years.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I have never been "locked out" but three or four years ago I got tired of some of what I saw as bad manners and trolling and basically quit the site. I came back this winter primarily because we decided to buy a villa in TV and like a lot of the information and opinions shared here. There is no place the equal of this site for getting advice about all things Villages and surrounding area. I get on about twice a day for 30 minutes or an hour while I'm watching tv and check in on posts that look like they might interest me. I find it a fun diversion for the most part.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I do not know why people post on this site. Howsomever, I missed YOUR posts when you were "locked out". We all know we cannot change another's views on things, but sometimes rants and wrong stuff just can't sit there unchallenged and the folks who are always aggravating somehow need to be uhhhh spoken to.

Rumors need to be quelled and negativity just for it's own sake needs to be turned around.

There is no one who is a frequent poster on this forum that has as much time ahead as that left behind and for me it is ten years less than when I began here. We have something to say, something stuck in our craw and something to share.

Glad you are on this forum Dewilson. I nearly exited this very day. I needed for you to say what you said.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:

Cause you're bored and the internet is addicting.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:07 PM

Hahahha
Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Platinum member
Smile Trying to help.

I post in the hope that I can be helpful to people with questions which I may be able to answer. I also occasionally try to correct people who post misinformation, but this is rarely successful.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I post on here because I like being ignored!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:20 AM

I hope that people post on here to be sincerely helpful! We sit from a distance and follow this forum to learn about TV in order to be better informed on the nuances of TV. As we prepare for our retirement and move to TV, hearing all perspectives is important to develop a well-rounded view of TV. In addition, I enjoy your personalities that emerge! Along with my cup of coffee in the morning, it's better than the news!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OK, I, like CarlinTampa, try to help people, I will occasionally also try to 'correct' people when I know they are wrong or providing misinformation. I also find the site generally informative.

Tags
point, post, totv, posting, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.