Will 31 be our lucky number?

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Veteran member
Talking Congratulations!!

Wow that was fast for the closing!! Thats great news, I am so happy for you!! You will be a busy bee this week, but a very happy busy bee!! .
I hope the rest of us trying to sell are not far behind you.
It must be such a great feeling to have all that behind you, I bet you cant wipe the smile off your face!!
Jeanne
Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Veteran member

Well, it is finally over! All that work is now behind us. The stuff is in storage and we are now homeless!!!!

We plan on staying with some relatives in Michigan for a little while to get to see all the family before we leave. We plan on making the trek down to TV sometime the end of August. We'll be renting for a while so we can take our time looking for just the perfect house for us to buy. I wish everyone that is still trying to sell their house the same luck that we had in finding a buyer. See everyone in TV soon!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage

That's wonderful!!!

I love what you have for your location...

Feels good, doesn't it?!?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

SS,

What wonderful news! And what a great idea to take a little time off from all the work you have been doing and just rent in TV for a while until you have found exactly the house and the village that you like best. It is good to know that you are finally on your way.

Happy, happy news! Congratulations!

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-15-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Best wishes to you, SS. I'm so glad you posted; I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear it is all behind you now.

Have a wonderful visit with friends and family, and before you know it, you'll be in Paradise!

Best Wishes,
Sun
Old 08-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Sage

After about 12 months of getting ready to sell our house in the SF East Bay, we put it on the market this past Monday. Got an offer, from the first person to go thru it on Tuesday, today and accepted! Didn't get what we wanted but got more than our broker thought where the market was. Buyer is putting down 25% so it should be a slam dunk close (we hope - and a high consideration in accepting less than we wanted).

Elated that we don't have to bury St Joe and wait around for months to sell.

Seems that our area has plenty of buyers but prices are low due to the former glut of bank owned homes and not many homes for sale due to the lower prices.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Veteran member
Talking Congratulations!!!!

Wow Chuck that is a record breaking sale thats for sure!! That is great news, I am very happy for you!!! Congratulations!!
I am sure you have a beautiful home and those buyers werent going to take any chances in losing it. You are on your way!!!
I know its hard not getting the price we know the house is worth, I had to take quite a hit myself . But I know in the long run it will be worth it. I have a contract too, survived a 4 hour inspection Friday and down in a few weeks to look for a home.
I am very excited for you, hope all goes smoothly!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Congrats to all

TV is filling up.We've all had it, the BANKS are really tightening up guess they don't want to get burnt anymore. We had a quick buyer but boy can the paperwork take it's time. We have a hearing with the town board next week, they needed to take a 1 month break the poor dears. Hopefully after that we'll get the closing up here. POD arrives this Sat. closing set in TV 9/10. Seems soooo far away. We were down last week a lot of building is going on. Hope everyone has smooth sailing. Can't wait to kick back and start our 2nd childhood.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.