Will 31 be our lucky number?

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Will 36 be our lucky number?

We had showing #36 yesterday at 6 pm. We are out of town for a few weeks (hubby retired on Friday!), so we are waiting to hear from our realtor if they liked it or not.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Will 37 be our lucky number?

Showing #37 today between 5 and 6 pm. We are down to our last 6 weeks before we take the house off the market for the winter. We decided we wouldn't go through this during the holidays, and then we could go somewhere during the winter and not have to worry about the house. Will put the house on the market again in the spring. Say a prayer for us!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Will 31 be our lucky number?

ss.. good luck and I hope your home sells. Did you try the St.Joseph statue "thing"?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:06 AM

sschuler

I'm with you If I dont sell soon I'm going to take the sign down before the legs rust off.
Last week had 3 showings. The last one was here when I got home so I asked for feedback They said they looked at 16 houses and mine was the best. Best condition, best price, best lot, yada yada yada. So I said ,let me guess, you have a home to sell? and I was right. There goes that deal.
Anyway good luck with yours.
I was asking about you yesterday, we were talking broasted chicken and I suggested Three brothers on joy road as the best. What do you think? Benj
Old 09-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Veteran member

JohnN - I planted St. Joe months ago, head first and facing the road. He is in the flowerbed, so should be easy to dig up and bring him with us when we sell.

benj - We go to Three Brothers all the time, but I've never tried their broasted chicken. I can never resist getting the stuffed cabbage or the pierogis when I am there, so I probably will never try it. I also love their chicken and dumplings soup. You can never go wrong recommending that restaurant. Sorry to hear you are still having trouble selling your house as well. I agree that it is a vicious circle, because everyone needs to be able to sell before they can buy! Only those first time homebuyers that aren't in that same boat, and they are having more difficulty getting loans nowadays.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 AM

sschuler

I'm so jelose I had to quit the soup. It filled me up and I couldnt eat anything else. The fried pork chops arn't bad either yum.
One thing about the Denver area I dont like is other than mexican there isnt alot of different kinds of food. Oh for some good baklava (sp?) Benj
Old 09-11-2008, 02:30 AM

Hi - know exactly how you feel - our house has been on the market for 3 months. Dropped the price $20K and put on a new roof - sick of making sure that everything is perfect. Had the fung shwei thing - one said because you come in the front door and right up the stairs bad fund shwei????? Had another woman fall in love with the house - she hadn't been preapproved - when she did get approved it was for $160K less than what we are asking?????? One guy didn't like the stairs (we have a Cape) because of his prosthetic leg!!!! Another liked it but decided to go to another house - same price - on a busier street (our street was too quiet). Another couple showed up 1 hour early (raced home from work) realtor sat with their baby while my hubby showed the house! Very frustrating.

We planted St. Joseph - next to the For Sale sign face down - facing the house??? What is the St. Joseph prayer.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Veteran member

I was told by a few peeps last night on chat that #39 was gonna be our buyer. I will reiterate that I will buy you dinner if you are correct! That means I only have to put up with two more showings before we get the ever important offer! Keeping my fingers crossed that you are right!!!!!

Johudd - It's frustrating going through this process! I complain to my husband everytime that someone says the backyard is too small, or we don't like the garage being under the house, or etc, etc,...... DON'T THEY LOOK AT THE PICTURES BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO COME AND SEE THE HOUSE? My cousin told me to plant St. Joe facing the way someone would come up to your house. And of course, head first. I don't have a particular prayer that I say. Someone told me there was supposed to be one in the box, but mine didn't come with one. I've been making up my own prayers. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong!!
Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Veteran member

Well, it seems that number 37 is going to be coming back for a second showing. The wife is viewing all the houses and narrowing it down for the top few for the husband to come and look at. Their realtor told ours that we are at the top of their list. They should be scheduling their second look in the next few days.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

At least you have a broker doing a good job.39 Lookers. In california I hear no one is even looking. Our's is not on market at this time. I'm not in a hurry and will wait for market correction. We have a little over 3 years to go.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1
Well, it seems that number 37 is going to be coming back for a second showing. The wife is viewing all the houses and narrowing it down for the top few for the husband to come and look at. Their realtor told ours that we are at the top of their list. They should be scheduling their second look in the next few days.
Hi:
It's been interesting reading all of your posts kinda like deja vu for us. We showed our house about the same number of times and other than one really bad offer, nothing. Then our realtor suggested dropping the price $5000. We did that and in two days, the house was sold. The deal went through fine and we are now enjoying ourselves in the Villages. Good luck to you. I hope you get an offer soon.
Judy
Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Veteran member

jneiman- We have dropped our price $16000 since April, and we just put out a $4000 incentive bonus at the beginning of the week. We had one really bad offer in May that we turned down, had one couple that said they were going to write an offer but never did, and now we are down to our final six weeks before we pull it off the market. We will be updating the bathrooms and putting granite counters in the kitchen while it is off the market. We will put it back on the market in the spring, but will be putting the price back up to where we started.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:24 PM

sschuler1 and benj: I will say a prayer for you both so that you do not have to spend another winter in Michigan, even if 3 Brothers helps warm those chilly bones!

I know how awful the market is in the Detroit area. We were blessed to be able to sell 3 1/2 years ago (in Canton), and we got out JUST IN TIME!

My St. Joseph did come with a prayer, so I'll get it out and say it for you both so you can come down and enjoy the sunshine PERMANENTLY!! wav

Blessings,
Sunflower3630
Old 09-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

Thanks Sunflower! Sounds like you know 3 Brothers from your Canton days. Did you used to eat there? We still had our daughter and grandchildren living with us until last December. Once they moved out we started remodelling and getting the house ready to put it on the market. We hear it is supposed to be a long, hard winter this year. We are not staying here for the winter, even if we don't sell the house. I'm sure we will be stopping by TV on our winter travels this year.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:10 PM

SSchuler1 ~
Yes, we ate at 3 Brothers all the time! Loved to go there on Sunday mornings for eggs and kielbasi! We lived in Sunflower sub, just south of the h.s. complex. That's why I have the handle Sunflower .

I really hope you sell your house soon, so you can move on to the next phase of your life - having a ball in TV. Everyone there has a great time, and I'm still hoping to be one, one day.

Best wishes for a quick sale, and enjoy those Pierogis!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.