wireless doorbell?

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default wireless doorbell?

We are considering replacing the existing door bell with one of the new wireless type.

Anybody who has used or is using a wireless doorbell, do they work effectively?

Are they loud enough to hear throughout the house?

I am not interested in doing the Ring/camera door bell system.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

We have a wireless doorbell. It's audible anywhere inside the house. I love that we can change the tune too. We changed it to Westminster. But you could even do Take Me Out To The Ballgame if you wanted, by pulling a tiny little black clamp off the chip and moving it to the corresponding point, that matched up to a chart on the back of the chime's face.

Uses I believe 3 D batteries (maybe just 2, would have to check when I get back to the house).
Old 04-06-2019, 02:42 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

There are many of this type on amazon. You can buy them with multiple plug in bell units, so you can have them ring all over the home and Lanai. A few come with the button part not needing batteries, as they work like the older push igniters for grills. Those may be too hard for some folks to fully push. Many come with a dozen or more chime choices. These are really helpful if you enclose your front entry area.

Frank
Old 04-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I used one up north in my townhouse. It came with two ringers. So I put one upstairs and one street level. I bought it on Amazon for something like $23. They worked great.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

They're great...many uses, If I'm in the garage, I plug it in to an outlet, my wife has the button. If she needs me, all she has to do is push the button. Another idea.....if she is in bed sick, and wants juice or something, she just pushes the button. Pretty neat!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

We have the Ring wireless. It rings on you phone so if you have your phone with you you can hear it around the house. It also can ring an existing door chime though we have found that you can't hear the door chime in the back off the house. You can add wireless chimes to any outlet and that way you can hear it anywhere in your house even if you don't have your phone with you.

One inconvenience is that it is not as fast as a wired doorbell which rings immediately when the button is pushed, so it takes a few seconds for the chimes to respond to a ring.

One thing it can do that regular wired doorbell can't it that it can warn you when someone is just approaching your door. However it may also send an approach warning when a vehicle goes by your house.

You can also see who is at your door but that also has a delay before you can see the image.

It also records who comes up to your door so even if you are away from home you can, for example, see when UPS delivers a package.

It depends on a wireless network. How well and reliable it is depends a lot on how good you wireless end point covers your house.

Overall though we like it.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

But the OP said he wasn't interested in the Ring.
Closed Thread

Tags
wireless, door, bell, doorbell, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.