Working Together has created binding ties

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2021, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
But where do you get your facts? The mainstream media is biased. Cable news cannot be trusted. A news report from Fox and one from CNN based on a similar set of facts can be completely opposite. Who is right? It will probably depend on how you view the world. Are you going to change your opinion just because I present the facts in a different format? I am inclined not to think so.
Go to the tape......
Old 01-31-2021, 05:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Let's compare apples and apples...here. I think BLM is a propaganda program not at all based on acceptance and kindness and helpfulness and I think the violence this summer, the burning, the breaking the looting is an example of it. If it's sauce for the goose than it's sauce for the gander. Breaking and destroying and stealing is never, EVER right. Your political activism is NOT justified in the halls of congress nor in the streets where people have their businesses that feed and support them and their workers.
I like the idea of apples to apples. The BLM movement, which were 'mostly' peaceful, were to protest the injustice of how people with different colored skin are treated in this country (which is a fact). It is also known that some of those same people who are not interested in equal justice of those who aren't white, infiltrated "some" of the protests and wanted violence so as to discredit BLM. Having said that, I also agree that there were those in the BLM protests who did want to foment violence, arson, damage and I condemn and will never agree with those people. HOWEVER, to equate a movement for equality, to that which happened on 1/6 and since, is certainly not apples to apples. For the record, I personally condemn anyone who uses violence, arson, looting, etc. to try and make their point, or to change things. Let's not forget though, the last administration is the one who put this out.

Department of Homeland Security Releases Homeland Threat Assessment | Homeland Security

"Ideologically motivated lone offenders and small groups will pose the greatest terrorist threat to the Homeland, with Domestic Violent Extremists presenting the most persistent and lethal threat;"
Old 02-01-2021, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

"We all have our likes and dislikes. But....when we're doing news-when we're doing the front-page news, not the back page, not the op-ed pages, but when we're doing the daily news, covering politics- it is our duty to be sure that we do not permit our prejudices to show. That is simply basis journalism." Walter Cronkite.
Closed Thread

Tags
face, communication, cushman, jackie, commentary

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.