Is the world going to h.. in a handbasket?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Sage
Default Is the world going to h.. in a handbasket?

Or is this just a bad day to watch Fox News?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Or is this just a bad day to watch Fox News?
Better to just go to the more cerebral Huffington Post and read "The Least Wearable Swimsuits We Have Ever Seen".
Old 07-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Try another station.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

the best advice is to just not watch ANY of the television news networks.....especially the ones that are on 24/7.
They have to fill the time with something so they repeat very often within an hour and any grain of sand information becomes a big rock within minutes.

They are in the business of making banquets out of ham sandwiches.

The best times we have is when we are on a cruise....no television.....very limited if any news....and who wants to spend time on that anyway.

No network or 24/7 news = the best Rx. If it should get bad enough you will find out soon enough. Restrict your news intake to TV happy paper
Old 07-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I almost never watch any television news. I used to watch it all the time and I would get all worked up over all kinds of things.
I since come to realize that there is very little, more likely nothing, that any of us can do about anything that we see on the news. The only thing we really have is, one every few years we get to vote for people that we think have a political philosophy that is most in line with our own.
I have really been making an effort to not concern myself with things over which I have no control.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Better to just go to the more cerebral Huffington Post and read "The Least Wearable Swimsuits We Have Ever Seen".
You have a delightful acerbic humor. Where are the men in that piece?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well perhaps like the addict we have hit bottom and now we recognize we need to act. i believe there are a sufficient number of Americans who are heavily invested into this nation and won't sit by and let a few idiots disturb our way of life.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Only reason to watch Fox News if you want to see a lot cleavage and upper thigh on the female announcers (announcers used loosely).
Old 07-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Watching Fox News is like watching Electric Blue from the Playboy Channel back in the 80's.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Kitty -

Try watching MSNBC for a while - it is much more amusing and more opinion rather than fact is presented there.

And, really, don't watch any television unless you have to stay indoors because the weather is too bad to go outside and enjoy it!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Kitty -

Try watching MSNBC for a while - it is much more amusing and more opinion rather than fact is presented there.

And, really, don't watch any television unless you have to stay indoors because the weather is too bad to go outside and enjoy it!

Now that is a truism.

MSNBC, who by the way were punked during news coverage last week with ease, is just about the most fairy land kind of place. They do not even disguise their affliation and purpose.

Fox is biased without a doubt, but MSNBC is really something to behold in its half truths and blatant lies and the simple ignoring of news that does not fit their goal.

Will give them credit.....they try not to hide that they are what they are and they want you to watch to create more cheerleaders.

I am convinced....READ.....and then read again
Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I try not to watch much news on television, even FOX because currently the news is so depressing. The mainstream media feeds us mostly propaganda so I never waste my time with them.

For a live news feed I will watch FOX if they are following the scenario. I appreciate their focussing on the facts.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-22-2014, 12:07 PM

Of course it is. The Holy Bible says so and the world is fast racing towards the final days and the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Platinum member

No, it's not, but the news people, including FOX and MSNBC and all the others have jobs that depend on convincing you that it is. They don't pay the bills if they come on the air and say, "There is nothing significant happening today so enjoy your life. We'll come back if anything major happens. Have a nice day." Newspapers have pretty much gotten the same way. Most all of them are pretty partisan any more. Best advice is check out a cross section of those reporting, and then use your own intellect to sift through the bull and fluff. Just tell me what happened. I don't need Sean Hannity or Rachel Maddow, and especially not Rush Limbaugh to explain it for me.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
Now that is a truism.

MSNBC, who by the way were punked during news coverage last week with ease, is just about the most fairy land kind of place. They do not even disguise their affliation and purpose.

Fox is biased without a doubt, but MSNBC is really something to behold in its half truths and blatant lies and the simple ignoring of news that does not fit their goal.

Will give them credit.....they try not to hide that they are what they are and they want you to watch to create more cheerleaders.

I am convinced....READ.....and then read again
The difference that I see is that the bias on Fox is in their talk shows and opinion programming. Their news reporting is pretty much spot on accurate. "We report, you decide" is a motto that fits their news reporting perfectly.

MSNBC, however is a 24 hour commercial for liberalism and the democrats. Even what is supposed to be news is horribly biased. Their news division motto should be, "We report and tell you what you think."
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.