WOW - I Thought I Have Seen It All!

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Sage
Default WOW - I Thought I Have Seen It All!

SEE IT: National anthem singer at Heat game takes knee - NY Daily News

A woman singing the national anthem while kneeling and wearing a black lives matter t-shirt. Just a fact, as seen in the video.

Old discussion but it keeps alive her right to do something like this but it so disrespectful in many ways. This tends to divide us as a nation and not try to heal open wounds. IMHO

I even resent people cheering for the game to start before the national anthem is finished but that's me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-22-2016, 06:08 PM
Platinum member

Next week will anyone care or remember who she is? Gave up on this sport couple of decades ago as they changed the game to the players.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:12 PM
Veteran member

Take a knee, cut the microphone. Someone has got to take a stand...no pun intended.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

If she doesn't like it here she can leave. It would be good riddance IMHO.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
SEE IT: National anthem singer at Heat game takes knee - NY Daily News

A woman singing the national anthem while kneeling and wearing a black lives matter t-shirt. Just a fact, as seen in the video.

Old discussion but it keeps alive her right to do something like this but it so disrespectful in many ways. This tends to divide us as a nation and not try to heal open wounds. IMHO

I even resent people cheering for the game to start before the national anthem is finished but that's me.
I can't even believe what I just witnessed. My blood is boiling. I am going to follow my own new direction for myself. I'm going to compose myself and just teach the little ones in my family that such things are just wrong. The football player that started all this upset me too much. I'm here to be happy not in misery because of such foolishness.

Screw their rite to express themselves, who the hell is going to stand up for my point of view that this is wrong?

I wonder if both candidates would express their thoughts about this expression of freedom. This is horse****.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I can't even believe what I just witnessed. My blood is boiling. I am going to follow my own new direction for myself. I'm going to compose myself and just teach the little ones in my family that such things are just wrong. The football player that started all this upset me too much. I'm here to be happy not in misery because of such foolishness.

Screw their rite to express themselves, who the hell is going to stand up for my point of view that this is wrong?

I wonder if both candidates would express their thoughts about this expression of freedom. This is horse****.
I am standing up for your point of view that this is wrong.
Black lives matter, all lives matter, back the blue.
And please, stand up and show respect during the National anthem.
Closed Thread

Tags
anthem, disrespectful, divide, nation, national

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.