WVLG radio

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Arrow

That's okay, no problems. Mistakes do happen. The reason why I like WVLG, it's the music and the DJs...they made it very good to listen to. And at night, that good relaxing music to help put you to sleep. When I lived in The Villages area...to me, that was radio. Where I am right now, too much country music and it's hard to get the kind of station I want with that kind of format WVLG has. It was always fun to listen to.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahL View Post
That's okay, no problems. Mistakes do happen. The reason why I like WVLG, it's the music and the DJs...they made it very good to listen to. And at night, that good relaxing music to help put you to sleep. When I lived in The Villages area...to me, that was radio. Where I am right now, too much country music and it's hard to get the kind of station I want with that kind of format WVLG has. It was always fun to listen to.
Good......some good radio to look forward to IF and when we move there !
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Thumbs up

Oh yes, it is good radio. You will really enjoy it.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM

One word LOCAL!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOK View Post
I always enjoy hearing WVLG when in TV. When not there, it would be nice if WVLG was streamed on the internet so those of us that are not there full time could still listen in, not only for entertainment, but also to keep up with the goings on. The web site is good, but the radio would be more current. Anyone ever inquired about the possibility of WVLG streaming their programming? I'm sure it would require an investment in equipment, as well as an internet connection. Anyone have any idea if the cost would be prohibitive for a station as small as WVLG?
While I cannot speak specifically for WVLG, I spent 37 years in broadcasting & on the radio, so I'll try to answer a couple of your questions.

First and foremost virtually every commercial radio station in the country no matter how large or small has some sort of internet connection. They simply cannot operate without one. All sorts of programming items come from internet service along with news services and other content.

Almost all radio stations entire music & commercial files are now accessed by computers. I have seen WVLG's set-up through the window of it's Spanish Springs studio and they are operating with a computer in their main control room.

Most radio stations today DO some sort of streaming of their programming on the internet.

In terms of equipment the cost of operating a streaming website is minimal. However, there IS a cost for the playing of music on the internet that your standard ASCAP/BMI/SESAC broadcast royalty agreements do not cover. You have to make a separate agreement. WVLG may not see the advantage of that particular cost.

Finally, while WVLG may be thought of as "small", it is really only small in the sense that it's in a small studio. The general service area reaches a population far in excess of 100,000 people. While that is not large such as WABC in New York, it is certainly not a small, insignificant audience.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
While I cannot speak specifically for WVLG, I spent 37 years in broadcasting & on the radio, so I'll try to answer a couple of your questions.

First and foremost virtually every commercial radio station in the country no matter how large or small has some sort of internet connection. They simply cannot operate without one. All sorts of programming items come from internet service along with news services and other content.

Almost all radio stations entire music & commercial files are now accessed by computers. I have seen WVLG's set-up through the window of it's Spanish Springs studio and they are operating with a computer in their main control room.

Most radio stations today DO some sort of streaming of their programming on the internet.

In terms of equipment the cost of operating a streaming website is minimal. However, there IS a cost for the playing of music on the internet that your standard ASCAP/BMI/SESAC broadcast royalty agreements do not cover. You have to make a separate agreement. WVLG may not see the advantage of that particular cost.

Finally, while WVLG may be thought of as "small", it is really only small in the sense that it's in a small studio. The general service area reaches a population far in excess of 100,000 people. While that is not large such as WABC in New York, it is certainly not a small, insignificant audience.

I hope this is of some help to you.
I wonder if the OP is still with us, since the post was in Oct 2009!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

I don't know. I just saw it and thought I'd add my 2 cents.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Mack184 -- Thank you for the information. I also wish that WVLG would stream their broadcasts but that may not be in the cards...I will listen to WVLG next month when I am visiting TV.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Forgot to add "Welcome to TOTV".
Old 09-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Your right about some talk radio at night. I can't get any other station, but 640 and night programing is not good. I ended up getting XM Radio. That solves the problem, but of course have to pay for it. When we moved here I was stunned at the lack of radio stations. Can get them on my car during the day, but that's it.
use your computer or smartphone and down load I heart radio or go to your fav talk radio station and download the app for that station and listen for free
Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 PM

If you have an iPhone you can download apps that provide 100's of radio stations. Some that I have, Radio, iHeart Radio , & Tunein. I don't remember the cost of the apps, but I don't usually pay over .99 for any app

Chris
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 AM

The morning programing is great.Except when the weather man goes on and on and on with his melodious voice.please get to the point.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.