YouTube NFL Sunday Ticket

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2023, 12:45 PM
Gold member
Default YouTube NFL Sunday Ticket

YouTube will have the NFL Sunday Ticket this season. It can be ordered on YouTube Tv or the YouTube App. Since I have had difficulty communicating with YouTube to get an answer possibly someone here may know the answer. If the NFL Sunday Ticket is ordered on YouTube (not YouTubeTv) can the games only be viewed live or can they be watched later or on demand?
Old 05-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,918 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
YouTube will have the NFL Sunday Ticket this season. It can be ordered on YouTube Tv or the YouTube App. Since I have had difficulty communicating with YouTube to get an answer possibly someone here may know the answer. If the NFL Sunday Ticket is ordered on YouTube (not YouTubeTv) can the games only be viewed live or can they be watched later or on demand?
If you get the NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube (not YouTubeTV) you cannot record the games for later viewing. It is not clear whether they will have the games OnDemand, but it doesn't appear that you can. With YouTubeTV, you can record the games and/or watch them OnDemand. Note that with either option, you can only do live streaming of the NFL Sunday Ticket on 2 devices at the same time.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you get the NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube (not YouTubeTV) you cannot record the games for later viewing. It is not clear whether they will have the games OnDemand, but it doesn't appear that you can. With YouTubeTV, you can record the games and/or watch them OnDemand. Note that with either option, you can only do live streaming of the NFL Sunday Ticket on 2 devices at the same time.

Either way, say the game starts at 1pm, can you record and start watching at 3pm and fast forward through the commercials?

This is virtually the only way I will watch a football game on TV. (That's TV as in television.)
Old 05-12-2023, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
Either way, say the game starts at 1pm, can you record and start watching at 3pm and fast forward through the commercials?

This is virtually the only way I will watch a football game on TV. (That's TV as in television.)
As I understand it, if you get the NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube, you cannot record the game. You can only record games if you get the Sunday Ticket on YouTubeTV.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,288 Times in 5,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post

Our son taught me this trick, way to much time with nothing happening.
Old 05-13-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
As I understand it, if you get the NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube, you cannot record the game. You can only record games if you get the Sunday Ticket on YouTubeTV.
I didn’t ask about recording. I asked if after the live broadcast if the games would be available to view post live streaming?
Old 05-13-2023, 12:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger 2006 View Post
I didn’t ask about recording. I asked if after the live broadcast if the games would be available to view post live streaming?
I cannot find a definitive answer to your question. This website may answer the question, but it is very confusing.

NFL Sunday Ticket: If You Subscribe Via YouTube Primetime Channels, Can You Record the Games? - The TV Answer Man!
Old 05-14-2023, 06:55 AM

To answer the question on YouTube TV (not YourTube) and recording NFL games, the answer is yes you can record… From Common questions about NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube & YouTube TV - YouTube TV Help

What do I get with NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV?
When you purchase a YouTube TV Base Plan and NFL Sunday Ticket, you'll get access to every Sunday game, including local, national, and out-of-market games. Embargo restrictions apply.

You have the option to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket with or without NFL RedZone. And you can watch up to four live streams simultaneously on a single screen with our multiview feature.

Some other benefits for YouTube TV members:

100+ top live TV channels.
Unlimited DVR space, so you can record all your favorite programs or games, and watch them later.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
To answer the question on YouTube TV (not YourTube) and recording NFL games, the answer is yes you can record… From Common questions about NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube & YouTube TV - YouTube TV Help

What do I get with NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV?
When you purchase a YouTube TV Base Plan and NFL Sunday Ticket, you'll get access to every Sunday game, including local, national, and out-of-market games. Embargo restrictions apply.

You have the option to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket with or without NFL RedZone. And you can watch up to four live streams simultaneously on a single screen with our multiview feature.

Some other benefits for YouTube TV members:

100+ top live TV channels.
Unlimited DVR space, so you can record all your favorite programs or games, and watch them later.
Correct, but the OP asked about using the YouTube app, not YouTubeTV. If you purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTubeTV, you need to pay an additional $72.99 per month for the YouTubeTV streaming channels. How you watch the NFL Sunday Ticket on the YouTube app is confusing at best.
Old 05-14-2023, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts

I start recording the live broadcast of football games and just wait until about 45-minutes to an hour after kickoff. Then you can skip the commercials, bypass the halftime drivel, and wind up watching the end of the game almost in real time.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:23 AM

So many folks out here don't really read the start of the thread and are quick to share their thoughts. You have to sift through the minutia most times to really get an answer.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,128 Posts

NFL has now touched the Holy Grail of free playoff games , Peacock will have a wild card playoff game they paid $110 million for one game ,it’s a slippery slope before many more end up on pay channels
Closed Thread

Tags
youtube, nfl, ticket, sunday, answer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.