Zimmerman Opinions

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

I'll try to keep an open mind. Have to wonder if the truth will ever really be known. I just pray that justice will be done, whatever that is, and that God will bless both ravaged families.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Sage

Self-defense is tough to establish since one person is dead and there were no witnesses to the killing. Bruises to the back of the head and the nose could be real or could be self-inflicted to make it look like self-defense after the killing and before the police arrived. No one knows as there were no witnesses.

Whatever the verdict, one "side" will be unhappy and will say that justice was not served. Whatever the verdict will be, Zimmerman's life changed forever when he killed Martin - he will either be in prison or will have to spend the rest of his life hiding for fear of retaliation.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Eternal Member

More evidence has been presented in the news media than in any other case I have ever seen and this is even before the trial begins. I would like to see more recent photos of Trevon before his death and not the one his lawyers circulated from years ago.

VG
Old 06-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer View Post
More evidence has been presented in the news media than in any other case I have ever seen and this is even before the trial begins. I would like to see more recent photos of Trevon before his death and not the one his lawyers circulated from years ago.

VG
EDITED: Here are some of both Martin and Zimmerman if the link works. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...6.photogallery

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:

VG
Don't care what he looked like as a baby or one hour before his death. Only thing important is the facts as they occurred that terrible night.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Sage
Quote:

VG

What possible difference does it make what a victim looks like? Are you saying if they look one way they deserve to die, or if they look okay they can live?
Old 06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
That isn't Trayvon, it's some rapper or something, can't remember his name.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
That isn't Trayvon, it's some rapper or something, can't remember his name.
Thanks Patty. That photo appears to not be one of Martin so I edited my post.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It should make absolutely no difference what Trayvon looked like. What should matter is how he behaved that evening; did he feel threatened? How did Zimmernan feel -- was he threatened; did Martin lay his hands on him and, if so, did Zimmerman truly think he was in mortal danger? Those are the issues, not what Trayvon Martin looked like either as 12-year-old or as a 16-year-old.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
It should make absolutely no difference what Trayvon looked like. What should matter is how he behaved that evening; did he feel threatened? How did Zimmernan feel -- was he threatened; did Martin lay his hands on him and, if so, did Zimmerman truly think he was in mortal danger? Those are the issues, not what Trayvon Martin looked like either as 12-year-old or as a 16-year-old.
I believe the point was that he towered over George and was not a little kid, which is very pertinent in terms of the physical threat perceived and physical capability in terms of a confrontation. The Martin family attorneys have purposely used old photos for press release to make him appear less threatening.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Default This tragic event has been sensationalized

How many people have been killed in Detroit over the last few weeks and elsewhere. There are big problems involving handguns and crimes in much bigger numbers which are ignored by the media. Time for real solutions..
Old 06-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
What possible difference does it make what a victim looks like? Are you saying if they look one way they deserve to die, or if they look okay they can live?
Look at all the evidence that has been released to the news media and the jury was not even selected. Anyone in their right mind believe it will be a fair unbiased trial is just kidding themselves. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the gals decide.

VG
Old 06-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I find it hard to believe the damage to the back of Zimmerman's head
was self inflicted. I predict he will be found not guilty on any criminal charges, and Sanford will be a place to stay away from, cause there will be rioting in the streets.

There will be a federal civil wrongful death suit, and the parents will reap the benefits ($$$$$$$$$), after the lawyers get theirs, of course.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Sage
Default Glued to thenTV or just glancing

Will anyone be watching the trial on a daily basis or will you be tuning in from time to time? I am very interested in this trial and will try to catch as much as I can.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Gold member

As in most of these cases no one will ever REALLY know the truth except the two men who were involved.

Just have to see which lawyers present the best case.

Unfortunately most times it isn't about "justice," it's just who has the best presentation.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.