Zimmerman Opinions

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Sage

post edited to delete content...letting go...

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 06-23-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I find it hard to believe the damage to the back of Zimmerman's head
was self inflicted. I predict he will be found not guilty on any criminal charges, and Sanford will be a place to stay away from, cause there will be rioting in the streets.

There will be a federal civil wrongful deatih suit, and the parents will reap the benefits ($$$$$$$$$), after the lawyers get theirs, of course.
The parents have already reaped benefits, they copyrighted the name Trayvon and the phrase "Justice for Trayvon". I'm betting they were paid a licensing fee for photos.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
What possible difference does it make what a victim looks like? Are you saying if they look one way they deserve to die, or if they look okay they can live?
I don't think that is what anyone is saying. I believe the issue with the photos is when the media kept showing the photo of Trayvon when he was about 12 so the message being sent is Zimmeman had shot a small 12 year old boy. If Trayvon was in fact a tall muscular teenager at the time, it is possible that Zimmeman's account of the shooting is accurate and there was an altercation where they were fighting for the gun and it became self defense. Who knows? We certainly don't. We only know the end result.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoin View Post
I don't think that is what anyone is saying. I believe the issue with the photos is when the media kept showing the photo of Trayvon when he was about 12 so the message being sent is Zimmeman had shot a small 12 year old boy. If Trayvon was in fact a tall muscular teenager at the time, it is possible that Zimmeman's account of the shooting is accurate and there was an altercation where they were fighting for the gun and it became self defense. Who knows? We certainly don't. We only know the end result.
Very well stated. The main stream media can not be trusted to present the facts. This statement nails it on the Martin photos as one example.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Sage

It was two macho males. They both felt they were in the right. One had a bigger stick. End of fight. Without more evidence and information, I do not see murder in any degree nor do I see self defense. Perhaps involuntary manslaughter.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I do not see murder in any degree nor do I see self defense. Perhaps involuntary manslaughter.
I do not see how this thread belongs in a general discussion about The Villages.

/librarian cataloging snit

Last edited by Moderator; 06-24-2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Good point...thread moved to non-Villages
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Sage

Unfortunately I believe the verdict will be based on which lawyer pulls out the best trick from his hat.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
It was two macho males. They both felt they were in the right. One had a bigger stick. End of fight. Without more evidence and information, I do not see murder in any degree nor do I see self defense. Perhaps involuntary manslaughter.
Close to my thinking of this case. Trayvon was approximately 6' tall, 160 pounds; Martin was 5'8", 194 pounds. Both were in good shape. Since we're having fits about the use of a picture of Trayvon when he was 12, maybe we should make an issue of the extreme and rapid weight gain of Martin. Could it be a defense ploy to make him look weaker than he was?

And it will be a battle of which attorney performs the best. Justice will not be an issue. Truth will be irrelevant.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
I believe the point was that he towered over George and was not a little kid, which is very pertinent in terms of the physical threat perceived and physical capability in terms of a confrontation. The Martin family attorneys have purposely used old photos for press release to make him appear less threatening.
I did not know this. I assumed, based on the pictures in the news, that Zimmerman was the adult and towered over the teenager Martin. Another good reason to let the jury decide, the ones who'll have the facts before them.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I do not see how this thread belongs in a general discussion about The Villages.

You should tap the triangle in the upper right corner and report in to admin. I did not initiate this THREAD!!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post

It seems timely and a lot of people in the Villages are talking about this Zimmerman case.

Redwitch is right that it will come down to which lawyer puts on the best show for their side unless there are jurors who can think for themselves like with a 12 Angry Men scenario even though this would have to be called 6 angry women.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Platinum member

Personally I will not be watching the gavel to gavel coverage on television. I'm sick of the subject being blown up on the news and in the papers. I'm at the stage of "I don't care".
Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Boy oh Boy- George Zimmerman's lawyer is a big buffoon. So inapt.

George will probably go down the river cause of him. Boring old sot!!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Sage

Have to agree with you on that one - the opening statement of the prosecution told like a story, kept your attention and on the edge of your seat. The defense attorney came across like a blubbering idiot that was totally unprepared.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Maybe that is all the lawyer he could afford?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.