Zip The Canyons

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Default Zip The Canyons

Has anyone tried the Zip The Canons zip line experience in Ocala?

Did you like it and do you recommend it?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:25 AM

Recently went with my 14 yr old grandson and had a great time. They offer two tours, the "express" tour and the full tour. Since I had not tried zip lining before, we opted for the shorter, express tour (which is also considerably cheaper). It consisted of 5 separate zips with each a bit longer and higher than the previous one. Some were thru the trees and others over canyon areas and water. I guess the site was a former limestone quarry now inactive and the "canyons" were created by digging out the rock. All necessary equipment is provided, including helmets, harnesses, and leather gloves. The guides who accompany each group were well informed and safety conscious. Everyone's harness is checked before each run. The full tour consist of 9 separate runs.
Overall I'd give it two thumbs up.

Last edited by zonerboy; 07-22-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Recently went with my 14 yr old grandson and had a great time. They offer two tours, the "express" tour and the full tour. Since I had not tried zip lining before, we opted for the shorter, express tour (which is also considerably cheaper). It consisted of 5 separate zips with each a bit longer and higher than the previous one. Some were thru the trees and others over canton areas and water. I guess the site was a former limestone quarry now inactive and the "canyons" were created by digging out the rock. All necessary equipment is provided, including helmets, harnesses, and leather gloves. The guides who accompany each group were well informed and safety conscious. Everyone's harness is checked before each run. The full tour consist of 9 separate runs.
Overall I'd give it two thumbs up.
Thanks for the info.
We will probably try the express tour.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:33 PM

My friend, Susie and I did it two years ago. (The guys refused.) It was on my bucket list. We did the 9 run tour. It was so much fun!! The rope bridges were especially scary for me since I have had dreams of trying to cross a rope bridge. The zip lines were frightening, too, but we did it, and it was such a feeling of accomplishment.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

I went this past winter with 4 teenagers from Finland. All of us had a blast. Who would of thunk that Florida had lime stone canyons?
Closed Thread

Tags
zip, recommend, ocala, experience, canyons, line, canons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.