"...17 of 535 Members released their tax returns when asked..."

Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
So maybe now that almost all in Washington do not supply tax documents as asked maybe the media and those hard up for real subject matter will relent.

Nancy Pelosi Downplays Tax Return Demand : Roll Call News

I mean when the darling of the democratic party speaks y'all listen and follow.

She is not being noble about there being more important subjects to focus on.....she is protecting her refusal to show hers....a true politician.

btk
Pelosi in concert with her husband's companies , etc has had so many conflict of interests , some that would raise the eyebrow of the most trusting regulator. So for someone like her to feign indignation is indeed arrogant
Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM
n/a

her personal need is all that is driving her position on the tax returns...she would be considered by many as a good politician. She is not. She is just another crooked, arrogant politician who definite subscribes to the notion the law of the land is for the masses not her or her kind.

She like Rangle in NY absolutely boggle the mind and reasoning why some continue to re-elect known wrong doers?

btk
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM
n/a

I don't understand the controversy. You run for President and you release your tax returns. You can come up wth an average of number released by past candidates or bettter yet and prefebly, you can match or exceed the number released by your opponent.

Members of Congress (for good or bad) are not obligated to release their tax returns. They are, however required to complete and certify financial disclosure forms. If a member of Congress chooses to run for POTUS, these financial disclosure forms as well as their released tax forms would be available for voter scrutinity.

All of the comments about Representative Pelosi,me or anyone releasing tax forms are extraneous. Only President Obama and Governor Romney are candidates for President in the 2012 electionl
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
and how many of you would release your tax records to a bunch of vultures whose intent is to find the least bit of error and make it into a nonsense issue like Bain.

And if they can't find anything then they would make something up just to put you on the defense. Are you ready? Are you all 100% confident there are no mistakes in yours? No bad or incorrect assumptions? Maybe a few OK for now let's see if it gets caught entries?

By the way the thread was aimed at the subject that all seem to want to gloss over. Nancy said it is a distraction...it is of little importance compared to the real issues of the day. The queen has spoken and the supporters still go after the unimportant. What an insult to one of their party leaders.

How about switching to real issues?

btk
Offshoring your bank accounts is a non-issue? I don't think so for a Presidential candidate.

Hiding your assets is a non-issue?

Misrepresenting your position in Bain Capital after you supposedly left is a non-issue?

This man has a lot of 'splainin' to do, Lucy.

The "Miller" may grind the wheat but not like the grist.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 PM
n/a

One poster wrote, "Let the lefties harp on his past tax returns while Romney is addressing the runaway deficit, the failing economy and the disappearing jobs."

If Romney were addressing how to FIX the deficit, the economy, and creating jobs - that would be fine. However, all he has done is to say these are problems created by Pres. Obama and he will take care of them somehow (unexplained) when elected president.

Give specifics that have a chance of passing Congress and of working to fix the problems and I would listen to Romney. At this point, he has only played the blame game and not offered positive workable solutions.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
One poster wrote, "Let the lefties harp on his past tax returns while Romney is addressing the runaway deficit, the failing economy and the disappearing jobs."

If Romney were addressing how to FIX the deficit, the economy, and creating jobs - that would be fine. However, all he has done is to say these are problems created by Pres. Obama and he will take care of them somehow (unexplained) when elected president.

Give specifics that have a chance of passing Congress and of working to fix the problems and I would listen to Romney. At this point, he has only played the blame game and not offered positive workable solutions.
This "one poster" (I guess I'm now anonymous) can tell you that if you want some specifics they're are out there for anyone who has the need to know.

The above poster can go to Romney's website and read them for him or herself (I'm protecting your anonymity) instead of just never looking for the information and kvetching about it.

(I don't think Mitt Romney is going to unilaterally send you this info. Well, maybe if you asked him he would. It's easier to go to his website and actually read it)

But, tell you what. You just keep yapping about the tax returns while we win this election and save the future.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 AM
n/a

The future is so bright, I wear my sunglasses at night......vote Obama!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.