"...17 of 535 Members released their tax returns when asked..."

Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 AM
n/a

Default "...17 of 535 Members released their tax returns when asked..."

So maybe now that almost all in Washington do not supply tax documents as asked maybe the media and those hard up for real subject matter will relent.

Nancy Pelosi Downplays Tax Return Demand : Roll Call News

I mean when the darling of the democratic party speaks y'all listen and follow.

She is not being noble about there being more important subjects to focus on.....she is protecting her refusal to show hers....a true politician.

btk
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 AM
n/a

Pelosi is not running for POTUS.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM
n/a

maybe you need to advise Nancy of that

btk
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
For a long time she was in the Number 3 position.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
she's not? she's always campaigning! thought she was just waiting for the right presidential race to jump into! silly me! i'm so easily fooled!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
For a long time she was in the Number 3 position.

Unless the order of succession has changed, the VP is 1st, Speaker is 2nd.

But, what does this have to do with Willard releasing his taxes?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
she's not? she's always campaigning! thought she was just waiting for the right presidential race to jump into! silly me! i'm so easily fooled!

silly you is correct......
Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 AM
n/a

It would be ineresting to know who many tax returns Mitt Romney is requiring of his potential VP picks as he goes about vetting them. Romney turned over 23 years of tax returns to Senator John McCain's staff. As Romney says "what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander", whatever the heck that means.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 AM
n/a

Quote:

You are right, I was counting the sitting president as 1, so that would make her 2d as you stated.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Nationally she couldn't be elected dog catcher.I'm surprised she gets reelected to congress,Everyone should read about dishonest congressman.Just like Alcee Hastings from south Fla.He was a judge taking payoffs on drug cases..Had him on tape but defense able to have thrown out.So the loons on the left put him in congress.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM
n/a

Quote:

The Transom reported recently that romney submitted two decades of tax returns when being vettedby McCain. what was revealed was that the tax returned were complicated but clean and that romney overpaid his taxes. Redstate July 19,20212 articl by Eric Erickson. Romney on't release his tax returns yet because he knows the Democrats and liberal media will pre-select and spin nothing but nonsense. he will at the appropriate time address the issue
Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The Transom reported recently that romney submitted two decades of tax returns when being vettedby McCain. what was revealed was that the tax returned were complicated but clean and that romney overpaid his taxes. Redstate July 19,20212 articl by Eric Erickson. Romney on't release his tax returns yet because he knows the Democrats and liberal media will pre-select and spin nothing but nonsense. he will at the appropriate time address the issue

we know what was "reported" - primarily by McCain. McCain saw Willard's returns - and picked someone else for VP.

All Willard has to do is release them like all POTUS candidates have done. That's all - nothing more.

Nobody is saying they are not "clean" - but, I guess it depends on what you mean by "clean". If they are so "clean" - just release them. Shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM
n/a

Default Romney To Saavy To Respond To Loaded Questions

Quote:
we know what was "reported" - primarily by McCain. McCain saw Willard's returns - and picked someone else for VP.

All Willard has to do is release them like all POTUS candidates have done. That's all - nothing more.

Nobody is saying they are not "clean" - but, I guess it depends on what you mean by "clean". If they are so "clean" - just release them. Shouldn't be a problem.
You know perfectly well that anyone for any reason that is alleged wrong doing with loaded questions such as "have you stopped beating your wife" even if by inference is at a disadvantage limits a response and has as its intent to silence an individual and that includes you and me.

Romney is too smart to take the bait. The tax issue is a non-factor and only meant to keep reminding people how rich Romney is.

So do yourself a favor and stop obessessing about this non issue. perhaps you might want to go join in with the Bainers and complain that Romney is just too successful for his own good. Can you imagine a president with the actual experience to grow our economy via a free market system. A president that has the audacity to believe that a redistribution system wherein the government takes from the wealthy to give to the poor actually is not growthcauses and cause those on the upper end to question making more money just to have it taken away and on the other end becoming so complacent that they have no motivation to work. come to think of it that is the state of our economy now. wonder how that happened?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM
n/a

Gov. Romney released his 2010 returns. That should be enough for anybody. They want more. Why?.....because they couldn't find anything to bitch about?

I hope Romney stands firm on this. Let the lefties harp on his past tax returns while Romney is addressing the runaway deficit, the failing economy and the disappearing jobs.

We'll see what's the better strategy.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
n/a

and how many of you would release your tax records to a bunch of vultures whose intent is to find the least bit of error and make it into a nonsense issue like Bain.

And if they can't find anything then they would make something up just to put you on the defense. Are you ready? Are you all 100% confident there are no mistakes in yours? No bad or incorrect assumptions? Maybe a few OK for now let's see if it gets caught entries?

By the way the thread was aimed at the subject that all seem to want to gloss over. Nancy said it is a distraction...it is of little importance compared to the real issues of the day. The queen has spoken and the supporters still go after the unimportant. What an insult to one of their party leaders.

How about switching to real issues?

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.