$20 Trillion National Debt for Dummies

Old 09-15-2017, 11:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
So, what is your explanation as to why the military procurement and supply system is unable to obtain the spare parts needed to maintain mission readiness?
Easy: the military diverts much needed funds to the current theaters of military action. It costs alot to maintain air support (fuel, munitions, support, not to mention According to the U.S. Navy's 2017 budget, each Tomahawk missile, made by Raytheon Co. RTN, cost $1.59 million and the U.S. used 59 of them on the Shayrat air field in response to a chemical attack that killed over 80 civilians and the air base was used again the next day) but it also has cost the military (yes, us taxpayers) $billions to secure "private" military solutions (Combat Support Associates, Aegis Defence Services or the former Blackwater Security Company, and support companies: Haliburton) whose owners, and benefactors include some of the most powerful figures in Washington DC (i.e.: Dick Chaney). So, things like regular and timely maintenance of......lets take a wild guess......warships are routinely delayed, training for those who actually "drive" those warships was outsourced to CD self learning, and look at what happened.....a couple of our warships got hit by other ships. One of those destroyers was actually one that had the antimissile capabilities that are so urgently needed in the Pacific right now.

Is there a better way of "defending" our country? Sure is! Stop being the world-wide policeman......concentrate on DEFENSE, not go around starting illegal wars that cost the US $trillions, and thousands of young people's lives and futures, and then blaming other politicians for the waste of that money.

Just when did we, as a nation, do anything that actually "defended" our country after WWII? Who actually threatened our country? If you say 9-11, it was terrorists from Saudi Arabia and Egypt that attacked us....not Iraq, not Afghanistan, and who harbored Bin Laden?....Pakistan, not refugees from Syria, or any of the other countries that Trump wants to stop immigration from.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Easy: the military diverts much needed funds to the current theaters of military action. It costs alot to maintain air support (fuel, munitions, support, not to mention According to the U.S. Navy's 2017 budget, each Tomahawk missile, made by Raytheon Co. RTN, cost $1.59 million and the U.S. used 59 of them on the Shayrat air field in response to a chemical attack that killed over 80 civilians and the air base was used again the next day) but it also has cost the military (yes, us taxpayers) $billions to secure "private" military solutions (Combat Support Associates, Aegis Defence Services or the former Blackwater Security Company, and support companies: Haliburton) whose owners, and benefactors include some of the most powerful figures in Washington DC (i.e.: Dick Chaney). So, things like regular and timely maintenance of......lets take a wild guess......warships are routinely delayed, training for those who actually "drive" those warships was outsourced to CD self learning, and look at what happened.....a couple of our warships got hit by other ships. One of those destroyers was actually one that had the antimissile capabilities that are so urgently needed in the Pacific right now.

Is there a better way of "defending" our country? Sure is! Stop being the world-wide policeman......concentrate on DEFENSE, not go around starting illegal wars that cost the US $trillions, and thousands of young people's lives and futures, and then blaming other politicians for the waste of that money.

Just when did we, as a nation, do anything that actually "defended" our country after WWII? Who actually threatened our country? If you say 9-11, it was terrorists from Saudi Arabia and Egypt that attacked us....not Iraq, not Afghanistan, and who harbored Bin Laden?....Pakistan, not refugees from Syria, or any of the other countries that Trump wants to stop immigration from.
You are so naive...

You did OK with your first paragraph...but the rest...not so good.

We are the worlds "police" because that is what it takes to keep the dollar as the reserve currency. The dollar as world reserve currency gives the US a LOT of perks and advantages. It allows us to spend recklessly.

Why DID we not attack Saudi Arabia where the hijackers came from? OIL

If S.A. wasn't the home of Mecca, the Muslim holy place...we'd have taken it over a long time ago. As it is...we keep whom we want running it...so they provide the world with a lot of oil.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
You are so naive...

You did OK with your first paragraph...but the rest...not so good.

We are the worlds "police" because that is what it takes to keep the dollar as the reserve currency. The dollar as world reserve currency gives the US a LOT of perks and advantages. It allows us to spend recklessly.

Why DID we not attack Saudi Arabia where the hijackers came from? OIL

If S.A. wasn't the home of Mecca, the Muslim holy place...we'd have taken it over a long time ago. As it is...we keep whom we want running it...so they provide the world with a lot of oil.
Let's see....other currencies have flourished, or de-valued because of those countries' economic strategies and operations. The "dollar" is no more, nor less vulnerable than other currencies due to the global market, not because the US has a military world wide presence. (who is naive here?)
If OIL is a product that needs protecting then it is up to the oil producer, and the oil transportation companies to pony up for protection, or, at least have OTHER countries provide as much protection as their oil needs are as strong, if not stronger, than the US needs.

If the Trump administration wants to "punish" immigrants from countries that have done us harm, he should actually start with the countries whose citizens HAVE done us harm: Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, but because there are huge $ interests in those countries, he has targeted the most needy and vulnerable people for his immigration wrath (logical, isn't it?<sarcastic>)
Old 09-16-2017, 10:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Let's see....other currencies have flourished, or de-valued because of those countries' economic strategies and operations. The "dollar" is no more, nor less vulnerable than other currencies due to the global market, not because the US has a military world wide presence. (who is naive here?)
If OIL is a product that needs protecting then it is up to the oil producer, and the oil transportation companies to pony up for protection, or, at least have OTHER countries provide as much protection as their oil needs are as strong, if not stronger, than the US needs.

If the Trump administration wants to "punish" immigrants from countries that have done us harm, he should actually start with the countries whose citizens HAVE done us harm: Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, but because there are huge $ interests in those countries, he has targeted the most needy and vulnerable people for his immigration wrath (logical, isn't it?<sarcastic>)
Where did he say he wished to "punish" them? Seems to me he was more concerned about protecting Americans. Something that liberals do not understand, since they rarely serve their country. Rarely.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
where did he say he wished to "punish" them? Seems to me he was more concerned about protecting americans. Something that liberals do not understand, since they rarely serve their country. Rarely.
Stupid.jpg
Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
You really cannot believe the military doesn't have spare parts because they don't receive enough of the federal budget. Are you getting a military benefit of some type? I can't believe anyone out of private sector would say that.
First, Even though I am "entitled" to VA benefits, I refused to apply when others did. I refused because I would not step in line in front of a vet who served overseas, was injured in action, or made a career of the military. In my view I gained more than I gave serving for 4 years. the military and the people I served with help me become better man.

Secondly. yes I do believe that budgeting problems created by Obama. such stories continue to be published in newspapers , on television, etc. all one has to do is pay attention.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-16-2017, 11:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
First, Even though I am "entitled" to VA benefits, I refused to apply when others did. I refused because I would not step in line in front of a vet who served overseas, was injured in action, or made a career of the military. In my view I gained more than I gave serving for 4 years. the military and the people I served with help me become better man.

Secondly. yes I do believe that budgeting problems created by Obama. such stories continue to be published in newspapers , on television, etc. all one has to do is pay attention.

Personal Best Regards:
Curious, but EXACTLY what budget problems were CAUSED by Obama? All budgets must be approved by Congress, and Obama had to deal with a REPUBLICAN majority in Congress for 6 of his 8 years in office....
Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM
n/a

Quote:

would you suggest the military defense of this nation resort to a "borrowing from peter to pay paul"?

Would you suggest that this nation turn to a country like North Korea, Russia, China, Iran,et al and ask that they ll play nicely because we can't afford to have our military keep up?

Would you continue to fight for lower budgeting for our military and leave it vulnerable ? In that same vein do you honestly believe we can continue to support an all voluntary military. mercenaries eventually become loyal to the highest bidders. And those who do not participate having no skin in the game could care less
Its not fair. Conscription should be reinstituted and it should be done with with the removal f many of the previous exemptions.

perhaps then we wouldn't have so many outliers roaming the streets complaining about how lousy it is to live in America.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-16-2017, 11:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
would you suggest the military defense of this nation resort to a "borrowing from peter to pay paul"?
no, but it is being done now at the expense of the American people's health, welfare, and the environment.

Quote:
Would you suggest that this nation turn to a country like North Korea, Russia, China, Iran,et al and ask that they ll play nicely because we can't afford to have our military keep up?
pretty absurd statement

Quote:
Would you continue to fight for lower budgeting for our military and leave it vulnerable ? In that same vein do you honestly believe we can continue to support an all voluntary military. mercenaries eventually become loyal to the highest bidders. And those who do not participate having no skin in the game could care less
Its not fair. Conscription should be reinstituted and it should be done with with the removal f many of the previous exemptions.
you first

Quote:
perhaps then we wouldn't have so many outliers roaming the streets complaining about how lousy it is to live in America.

Personal Best Regards:
like the KKK, the Alt-right, the neo-Nazis, and fascists
Old 09-16-2017, 12:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
SS is NOT an entitlement.

Welfare is an entitlement. Medicaid is an entitlement. Section 8 is an entitlement. Food Stamps are an entitlement. Earned income credit is an entitlement. Obama phones are an entitlement.

An entitlement is something for FREE, something you receive without paying into.

Almost half the black population receives a government entitlement. 10% or less of white do. Don't believe me? Go to the Leesburg or Wildwood welfare office...any day...and see who's sitting there. Blacks and Hispanics...and 1 or 2 white girls with black kids.

Go on...go down and see for yourself...before you tell me how racist I am for pointing out that FACT.
I think you may mean Bush phones.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Curious, but EXACTLY what budget problems were CAUSED by Obama? All budgets must be approved by Congress, and Obama had to deal with a REPUBLICAN majority in Congress for 6 of his 8 years in office....
No no no...existing operations go on. If it was already an ongoing budgeted operation...it continues. They can not add NEW items without a budget.

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
It's getting lousy to live in America because we're being invaded by 3rd worlders.

Quote:
I think you may mean Bush phones.
Whatever... They're still free and an entitlement.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
No no no...existing operations go on. If it was already an ongoing budgeted operation...it continues. They can not add NEW items without a budget.
Exactly, Bush's policies were not repealed....

Quote:
It's getting lousy to live in America because we're being invaded by 3rd worlders.
more like the hatred groups of the KKK, alt-right, neo-nazis, fascists, and racists all home grown....much like you

Quote:
Whatever... They're still free and an entitlement.
Let's see, the constitution preamble states, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of ..."
And, isn't the promotion of the general Welfare of Americans just as important?
Old 09-16-2017, 01:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by little boy View Post
And, isn't the promotion of the general Welfare of Americans just as important?
Of Fu(k Yeah, nobody should have to work to support themselves or the children the have created...all a person should have to do is be nice to get a free ride...strike that, they should only have to want a free ride to get one...nevermind, everyone should get a few ride weather they want it or not...and a fancy car too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 01:48 PM
n/a

Ohhhh...also free education forever. Free data on all phones...just do away with money all together!

Old 09-16-2017, 01:53 PM
n/a

Default $20 Trillion National Debt for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Ohhhh...also free education forever. Free data on all phones...just do away with money all together!

Don't forget, Medicare for all ! Let's get that wealth transfer flowing.

The growing divide between the haves and the havenots in one stunning chart - MarketWatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
dummies, debt, trillion, national, $20

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.