$26 billion to save union jobs

Old 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
n/a

Default $26 billion to save union jobs

Democrats, Rich Trumka (President of the AFL-CIO) and Obama have decided to pay for union votes with $26 billion dollars of our money.

Saying the money is needed to save hundreds of thousands of public workers' jobs on the state level, Pelosi is calling the House members back from summer recess to get the bill passed. The bill passed 61-38 in the Senate with Oympia Snowe and Susan Collins, both disguised as Republicans, voting yea.

"Among the pay-fors chosen by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., was a $12 billion cut to food stamps that would cost a family of four $59 a month beginning in early 2014 and a tax increase that limits the ability of some U.S.-based multinational companies to use foreign tax credits to reduce their U.S. taxes," the Associated Press story said.

What happens the year after this? Where will the money come from then? I wish the Progressives disquised as Conservatives like Snowe and Collins would get voted o-u-t.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2PyFwD9HCTHOG0
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
n/a

We don't want to get mean-spirited do we? We all have to live.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:20 PM
n/a

Oh, but wait! I thought our Democrats were going to "curb" spending. I must've imagined our POTUS saying that !!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:52 AM
n/a

Default responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Democrats, Rich Trumka (President of the AFL-CIO) and Obama have decided to pay for union votes with $26 billion dollars of our money.

Saying the money is needed to save hundreds of thousands of public workers' jobs on the state level, Pelosi is calling the House members back from summer recess to get the bill passed. The bill passed 61-38 in the Senate with Oympia Snowe and Susan Collins, both disguised as Republicans, voting yea.

"Among the pay-fors chosen by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., was a $12 billion cut to food stamps that would cost a family of four $59 a month beginning in early 2014 and a tax increase that limits the ability of some U.S.-based multinational companies to use foreign tax credits to reduce their U.S. taxes," the Associated Press story said.

What happens the year after this? Where will the money come from then? I wish the Progressives disquised as Conservatives like Snowe and Collins would get voted o-u-t.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2PyFwD9HCTHOG0
How many responses to this issue will you receive from the Liberals and former Republicans?

Probably none to the issue, but maybe one or two who will bash someone or something. Or just spout vulgarities in the middle of the night.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
n/a

Default As pointed out by Glenn Beck today why do we need another

bill? Another $26 Billion?
When there is still $421 billion left from the gotta have it now $787 billion a year ago?

They are fettering their nest eggs now before the elections and keeping what they have not spent to have when it won't be so easy to get after November 2010.

As was said very appropriately by one of the candidates running for congress in TN "...we can't get rid of Obama this election but we can take his check book away..."

Tell me again what jobs were being "saved"? School teachers? Firemen? Police?
Certainly not based on the headlines coming from most metropolitan areas.
The saved jobs statement is a joke. The big dollars being requested to save
jobs in the preceding three professions is short of criminal. Why isn't some of the $421 billion still unspent/un-commited being used to shore up these professions? And why isn't it?

btk
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
n/a

Well, I know someone who always carries cash wherever he goes but for some reason he will always reach for his credit card when he makes a purchase.

I guess it is a mental thing about security or something. Besides, the more they keep spending and borrowing the sooner their ultimate goal will happen.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.