74 year old sentenced to 350 lashes

Old 10-13-2015, 06:06 PM
n/a

Default 74 year old sentenced to 350 lashes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-saudi-arabia/

This is interesting. That a 74 year old should receive 350 lashes for his crime because it is Sharia law. He is British working in Saudi Arabia . Why are we giving in to the Muslims in this country with them wanting to put some of their laws into ours. Talk to people in Detroit if know anyone there. Read the article that the link will take you to. Hope to hear your thoughts.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:13 PM
n/a

If he gets the lashes bet he will think twice before breaking laws in foreign country. he been there for long time and now just got caught. The will be the law of the land in the new world order. You know what they say, history repeats itself when humans are involved.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 AM
n/a

I was on a cruise that stopped in Singapore. There were very large signs on the ship that warned against taking ANY illegal drugs ashore - as it would be an automatic death sentence.

As far as the Old Brit - you are in a foreign country and subject to THEIR laws and punishments.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I was on a cruise that stopped in Singapore. There were very large signs on the ship that warned against taking ANY illegal drugs ashore - as it would be an automatic death sentence.

As far as the Old Brit - you are in a foreign country and subject to THEIR laws and punishments.
To bad this doesn't apply to illegal aliens in the United States.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
To bad this doesn't apply to illegal aliens in the United States.
Amen! ..
Old 10-14-2015, 01:15 PM
n/a

I sympathize with the guy, but he did break their law. Every country has it's own style of laws and enforcement. I hope he can get his embassy to assist him, but I can't fault their government for not being like ours, or the UK's.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
n/a

Most countries are not permissive, inconsistent in enforcement and loosey goosey depending who you are like we are here in the USA.

Their laws are strict. Here we would raise hell that our rights or somebodies rights are being violated. In other countries because of strict laws with extreme punishment and enforcement their citizens.....OBEY the laws or face the punishment.

My exeprience with folks from amy different countries that immigrate here are prepared to follow the rules and laws like they did in their home country. Then they slack off when they see how many laws are violated by we the people and nothing happens to them. Eventually they follow our lead.

We are the worst of them all.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:10 PM
n/a

If you read the entire article, you'll note that it is the family's belief he will get the flogging, not that it is definite. In fact, Saudi authorities said a doctor would examine the man and determine if he could survive the lashes. If not, no flogging.

Personally, I don't understand why he thought he was exempt from Saudi laws, secular or Sharia. he broke the law. He risked the punishment. No sympathy here.

American law is based on a principle of human rights. Because of this, our laws are subject to a more loose interpretation. Sadly, that does mean that some get away with breaking those laws, especially if they have the money or the power or the name. Justice may be blind here but it ain't fair.

Red

Tags
lashes, year, talk, people, detroit, put, laws, article, hope, hear, thoughts, read, wanting, link, crime, receive, sentenced, interesting, sharia, law, giving, muslims, country, arabia, british

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.