After this morning we will see if this is still the Republican Mantra as far as Trump

Old 06-08-2017, 07:18 AM
n/a

Default After this morning we will see if this is still the Republican Mantra as far as Trump

tammy wynette stand by your man - YouTube

Here comes James Comey.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:20 AM
n/a

Ok wackadoodle.... lol. How many views are on your wackadoodle thread? All by you!
Old 06-08-2017, 07:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Ok wackadoodle.... lol. How many views are on your wackadoodle thread? All by you!
My views on there only register once like anyone else who looks at those. 5243 views now as of 8:32 AM 6/08/2017.

American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

I hope people will take a look at this thread of mine about my massive Herculean 224 613 Project of 26 1/4 years attempting and often succeeding in making practical information available to survivors/victims of crimes.

Had a lot of smiles a few days ago when walking around Sumter Landing.

How about getting back to the subject of James Comey and Donald John Trump rather than throwing poop at other posters with some personal insult or another. James Comey testimony: Trump asked Comey to say he wasn't being investigated - CBS News

Gal Gadot looked great in that 226th dress in Wonder Woman and then they only had 24 hours to complete their mission. Way cool. I hope my French lawyer lady friend is looking at TOTV still. "Hé là!"

And maybe my nurse friend is now online. Hope so. Or my old Villages' neighbors up there in Ohio.

Here's the single most telling line in James Comey's Trump testimony - CNNPolitics.com
Old 06-08-2017, 07:40 AM
n/a

I'm not sure what you're going on about. The four guys that testified yesterday all stated that there was no pressure on anyone to stop any investigation. From everything I've heard, Comey is supposed to say the same thing.

Combine that with the way that Vladamir Putin shut down Megan Kelley's ridiculous assertions and the president is looking better than ever.

Hopefully, this will put an end to this witch hunt and have these people actually start working for the country rather than their party and their old boy's club in DC.

I don't know what you're expecting from Comey, but I feel very strongly that the president will be vindicated after this morning's testimony.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm not sure what you're going on about. The four guys that testified yesterday all stated that there was no pressure on anyone to stop any investigation. From everything I've heard, Comey is supposed to say the same thing.

Combine that with the way that Vladamir Putin shut down Megan Kelley's ridiculous assertions and the president is looking better than ever.

Hopefully, this will put an end to this witch hunt and have these people actually start working for the country rather than their party and their old boy's club in DC.

I don't know what you're expecting from Comey, but I feel very strongly that the president will be vindicated after this morning's testimony.
Facts do not matter to the totv wackadoodles..... sad
Old 06-08-2017, 07:43 AM
n/a

READ: James Comey's prepared testimony - CNNPolitics.com

We will see how the various news media handle this.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:46 AM
n/a

Lieberman: Comey testimony serious allegations

I hope some Democrats will comment as well on here. And Independents.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:48 AM
n/a

Comey details 'inappropriate' and 'very concerning' meetings with Trump - ABC News

Look at multiple sources.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:55 AM
n/a

Quote:

I truly hope that you are correct. It seems like we spent the last 8 years going backward, and this year at a complete stand still. Progressive seems to be a contradictory label for what has been actually occurring these past 8+years. Every election cycle the opposition party seems to get less cooperative than the last.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:10 AM
n/a

Will James Comey allege Trump tried to obstruct justice? - CBS News

Last night's CBS news was quite interesting.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:03 AM
n/a

Quote:

Actually, those testifying yesterday did NOT say there was no pressure. Inquiries into that area were shrugged off for closed door testimony.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:07 AM
n/a

One of the things that we all need to realize and that we really should be upset about is that these hearings are all a sham. They always are. Nothing will come from any of them.

Congressional hearings are nothing more than a vehicle for members of Congress to get their faces in front of the voting public and try to convince us that they are actually doing something. In fact, they are a distraction and a way for Congress to avoid doing their primary job which is legislating.

You will notice that most of these questions are not actually questions. Rather, they are a statement by the person asking the question.

Hearings are political and the members hope that they will assist them in future elections.

In the meantime, so many important things that Congress and the president should be working on for the good of the American public are going by the wayside. Nothing is getting done that helps the American people and that's the way Congress wants it.

Every time a member of Congress votes on something, they alienate half of their constituency. There is a huge downside. By conducting hearings, there is no downside. They are viewed by the public of trying to bring someone or something to justice. It is all a sham.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
One of the things that we all need to realize and that we really should be upset about is that these hearings are all a sham. They always are. Nothing will come from any of them.

Congressional hearings are nothing more than a vehicle for members of Congress to get their faces in front of the voting public and try to convince us that they are actually doing something. In fact, they are a distraction and a way for Congress to avoid doing their primary job which is legislating.

You will notice that most of these questions are not actually questions. Rather, they are a statement by the person asking the question.

Hearings are political and the members hope that they will assist them in future elections.

In the meantime, so many important things that Congress and the president should be working on for the good of the American public are going by the wayside. Nothing is getting done that helps the American people and that's the way Congress wants it.

Every time a member of Congress votes on something, they alienate half of their constituency. There is a huge downside. By conducting hearings, there is no downside. They are viewed by the public of trying to bring someone or something to justice. It is all a sham.

Of course, just like your Demigod, you would love to pretend it didn't happen and to see this..... 'all just go away.'

Sorry, but the security of this nation and the potential of having another country interfere with our democratic process, with possibly the help of those at the highest levels in our government...supersedes you being uncomfortable with what may expose your party as traitors.

You're just gonna have to live with it.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 06-08-2017, 11:18 AM
n/a

Quote:

Your above statement "everything I heard" says it all. Obviously/ you didn't watch. The " 4 guys", refused to answer questions, having "no legal reason" not to answer. REPUBLICAN Richard Burr chastized them for not answering unclassified questions. Guess they have something to hide.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your above statement "everything I heard" says it all. Obviously/ you didn't watch. The " 4 guys", refused to answer questions, having "no legal reason" not to answer. REPUBLICAN Richard Burr chastized them for not answering unclassified questions. Guess they have something to hide.
Comey did say the same thing. Yes, they did refuse to answer questions and their reason should have been articulated better.

But I'm listening to this sham that's going on now and I am shocked that everyone is allowing Comey and some of the Democrats to say that he was positively, fired because of the Russian investigation. And that the president said so.

That is simply not factual. The president on numerous occasions stated that Comey was fired because he was not doing a good job. And then as an afterthought, he said that he was thinking about the Russian investigation when he decided to fire Comey. That in no way translates into Comey was fired because of the Russian investigation or that his firing was an attempt to either slow down or stop the investigation. This could be interpreted in many different ways but does not state categorically that the firing had anything to do with the Russian investigation. In fact, the president has also stated that he had been considering replacing Comey for a long time.

The statement that he was thinking about the Russian investigation when he decided to fire Comey could be interpreted as this might slow the investigation, but he has to do it anyway.

This is exactly is what is wrong with our news media today. and it's evidently what is wrong with the FBI and possibly Congress. People in all three entities hear something, interpret it the way they want and then state that their interpretation is fact.

Tags
morning, republican, mantra, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.