American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 09-07-2017, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Another little twist on this. While at the U of MN Law Library I had worked under M. Kathleen Price the Law Library Director. She became Law Librarian of Congress around 1990 and was in that position until around 1996 or so. There was an CBS new report around July 6, 1996 that the Library of Congress was challenging whistleblowers and people who wanted to improve things on terms of their mental health rather than addressing their concerns. That is what happened to me at the U of MN Law Library in 1991. Rather than addressing the issue I had with respect to needs of survivors/victims of crimes to practical information the Law Library supervisor of mine probably acting on orders first subtly and then not so subtly put my mental health in question for wanting to talk to FUTURE law library employers about a glaring niche I had found in the delivery system of practical information for victims/survivors of crimes.

I am not saying I have any evidence that M. Kathleen Price was advising this law library supervisor of mine about putting my mental health in question. I was not privy to that information.

I did complain to the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1991 about this-- Senator Joe Biden. Who wrote back that they do not get involved with matters involving only one person. Many US State governors responded unlike this letter from Senator Joe Biden. As did some other US Senators, US Representatives, the Speaker of the House for the State of MN, and others.

So, I have never been much of a fan of that Cheshire Cat Joe Biden. If he had taken a stand in 1991 things would have been a lot different for survivors/victims of crimes in the 1990s as attitudes of law professors towards survivors/victims of crimes rub off on their law students who might become politicians, judges, CEOs, journalists, comedians, and many other professionals.

Things did seem to start changing especially after an interview I had at the Library at the University of Texas at El Paso in late 2001 where it seemed like someone was pulling strings to get me a good position in a law library again. I never learned who this person or group of people might be. UTEP did settle on someone who had been a practicing lawyer unlike me.

There is a connection to Barack Obama in all this that I had feared that Donald Trump would take advantage of in 2012 but he must not have seen the Justice e-mail I had sent back around 2000 which this student newspaper at Brandeis University had re-published in 2011 and that was up on-and-off until 2013 or so. My immediate supervisor at the U of MN Law School had gone onto the U of Chicago Law School Library. I had called her twice around 1992 or 1993 and she flat out told me that I had been blacklisted from law librarianship and that law librarians were a small group with very long memories. This law library employee probably had some contact with Barack Obama when he was a Law Professor to the U of Chicago but I doubt if the WESTLAW cataloger, Joe Biden and the other stuff ever came up in their probably extremely limited conversations. He was busy trying to launch his political career I would guess.

There is still an e-mail I had sent to Villanova back around 2002-2003 that is still up the last I looked. Again an e-mail to a Student Newspaper. I was e-mailing all of the Student Newspapers back in the 2000-2004 period along with just about every other media which had an e-mail address.

So Trump is right about some things with respect to the political establishment and how arm-in-arm some of them are with the media. There are exceptions though and Trump now seems to have become one of the swamp creatures and I see very little chance of change in the DC Beltway.

Libraries could play a critical role in making citizens less prone to being manipulated by either the media or by established politicians.
For other's information.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Yes
Really beautiful building.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
Trying to make nice with tal.. .RickeyD

You need a different distraction. Have you learned to masturbate yet ? If not, call your mommy into your room and have her show you.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
You need a different distraction. Have you learned to masturbate yet ? If not, call your mommy into your room and have her show you.
This thread does need some comedy every once in a while. Could not care less if Wiotte is RickeyD or not. He does not look like the same person but I would not care if he is. I do care about who these illegal harassers on the Political Forum on Talk of the Villages are. You just keep digging a deeper hole.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
You sound like an expert, perhaps he should just give you a call.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:02 AM
n/a

Library << Town of Lady Lake

Pretty cool library. Hope it survives Irma well.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Law libraries are our checks and balances on the legal system. Or one of the most important ones of these safe guards if someone does not get why this is important. Many people do understand why this is important.

The Shawshank Redemption - Movie Quotes - Rotten Tomatoes

What Shawshank Redemption Can Teach You About Business

Also check out the law library in the Tom Hanks movie Philadelphia Philadelphia (2/8) Movie CLIP - More Comfortable (1993) HD - YouTube or the public library in Hidden Figures and that church in Hidden Figures while you are at it.

Ivanka Trump Tweet About Libraries Doesn'''t Go Down Well | Fortune.com
Still think Ivanka Trump and her husband could help with this 224 613 Project. Hundreds of thousands of people are involved with it. This is a local project though based on local professionals and others evaluating the holdings and web pages from the point of view of survivors/victims of crimes.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
This thread does need some comedy every once in a while. Could not care less if Wiotte is RickeyD or not. He does not look like the same person but I would not care if he is. I do care about who these illegal harassers on the Political Forum on Talk of the Villages are. You just keep digging a deeper hole.
Even though he was allegedly permanently banned for posting pictures of your personal residence and car?
Old 09-07-2017, 10:01 AM
n/a

Do not believe some things posted on here by affald, dirtbanker and some others. You can check for yourself if you want to what is on here. If you want to see all of someone's posts. Put him or her on your Ignore List. These will show up on the Political Board under that name. Then View Post for whatever someone said or allegedly did.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:43 PM
n/a

Don't believe it when Talt tells you someone has been banned for posting despicable things.

To Tal and his liberal friends, the truth is despicable.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM
n/a

Thumbs up

Sure liked Logan Lucky today. Really cool.

Logan was good too as was The Hitman's Bodyguard.

13, 075 views now as of 8:32 PM EST 9/07/2017.

Logan Lucky (2017) - Rotten Tomatoes

Riley Keough - Rotten Tomatoes

Hilary Swank - Rotten Tomatoes

Katherine Waterston - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 PM
n/a

Can you believe that some of these creeps on here who bully me relentlessly are now taunting me with names they used in the Yahoo Pick-Em? Now that is low. Tells you how contemptible these people are.

I hope that the Moderator notices. I am am not going to say anything to him, her or them however. Mainly because I am not sure who did this. Probably the usual suspects and they seem to talk to one another via Private Messages and e-mails and the like. Phone calls too.

Names from the TOTV NFL 2017 Yahoo Pick-Em. Notice anything? Really sleazy behavior.

Quote:
--
Tal's Picks 2017
0 0-0
--
Jim North Carolina
0 0-0
--
Kathy North Carolina
0 0-0
--
deb
0 0-0
--
Kellyjam
0 0-0
--
Mitchell
0 0-0
--
Michelle
0 0-0
--
Carnac the Magnificent
0 0-0
--
sonny39
0 0-0
--
PB's Picks
0 0-0
--
GoSkins17
0 0-0
--
mikey bumebatz
0 0-0
--
Jbird PigSkinners
0 0-0
--
Rak
0 0-0
--
The Villages Jets
0 0-0
--
trueblue
0 0-0
--
RAEL FURNITURE
0 0-0
--
Gene Coppola osha
0 0-0
--
CathyW00DS L8
0 0-0
--
The Villager
0 0-0
Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 AM
n/a

Wink 13, 107 views now as of 9?08/2017 3:33 AM. EST.

Getting a little Pink on here.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
6097 views now as of 6/14/2017 10:07 PM EST. Too bad I cannot get the Hillary Clinton Domestic Task Force letter loaded properly. This is from early March 1993 and had showed it to Myra Young when I was #613 in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed conducted by the University of CA SF Health Sciences Campus.
Some pink from a number of months ago. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Katherine Waterston - Rotten Tomatoes Her father has some interesting parts.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Some pink from a number of months ago. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Katherine Waterston - Rotten Tomatoes Her father has some interesting parts.
13, 141 views now as of 10:12 AM EST. 9/08/2017. Sam Waterston - Rotten Tomatoes

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.