American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 04-26-2017, 09:05 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Movies have played an important part in my 224 613 Project since there were two men behind me and my mother at the Petaluma Theater in Northern CA around March 12, 1995 and one of him asked me "Did you see that?" when the number 612 showed up in the scene in Outbreak when a woman's blood was being tested. That really got me interested especially since this movie had been filmed in the area and movie production trailers from it had been about 300 feet out or back door where they had been at the Red Lion Inn in Rohnert Park, CA. Outbreak (1995) - IMDb

This has also given me more ideas about whom to contact using my status as the cataloger of all the computer files on WESTLAW for a national project. I had done that while in the employ of the U of MN Law Library while a woman was doing LEXIS at the SUNY at Buffalo Law School Library.

Such fun too with Facebook to with this where I have been since around 2010 spreading the message.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The Villages Florida

Movies have played an important part in my 224 613 Project since there were two men behind me and my mother at the Petaluma Theater in Northern CA around March 12, 1995 and one of him asked me "Did you see that?" when the number 612 showed up in the scene in Outbreak when a woman's blood was being tested. That really got me interested especially since this movie had been filmed in the area and movie production trailers from it had been about 300 feet out or back door where they had been at the Red Lion Inn in Rohnert Park, CA. Outbreak (1995) - IMDb

This has also given me more ideas about whom to contact using my status as the cataloger of all the computer files on WESTLAW for a national project. I had done that while in the employ of the U of MN Law Library while a woman was doing LEXIS at the SUNY at Buffalo Law School Library.

Such fun too with Facebook to with this where I have been since around 2010 spreading the message.
The Villages Florida

Started saving a lot of these as they were getting interesting. Sure liked Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Ant-Man and the Shallows.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:11 PM
n/a

Reading for Tals mom and dad.The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
Old 04-26-2017, 10:25 PM
n/a

Zager And Evans - In The Year 2525 (1969) - YouTube

Some of these songs sure help with all the garbage on here.

I had to sing for a video trying to market the law library to the 1st Year Law Students. That did not work out too well. But the other law librarians had to do it too. Lyonette, Suzanne, Pattie and Warren. None of us were any good. Hope there is not a video out there with that on it. At least, at that time I still had my hair.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Zager And Evans - In The Year 2525 (1969) - YouTube

Some of these songs sure help with all the garbage on here.

I had to sing for a video trying to market the law library to the 1st Year Law Students. That did not work out too well. But the other law librarians had to do it too. Lyonette, Suzanne, Pattie and Warren. None of us were any good. Hope there is not a video out there with that on it. At least, at that time I still had my hair.
Please move your trash and self-edification over to Facebook with the other teenage girls.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:32 AM
n/a

'Outbreak' For Diehards, Part 1 Trivia Quiz | Outbreak | FunTrivia

Having a little outbreak of zits on this thread.

Logan is really cool and sure like many episodes of Hawaii Five-O. And the CBS National News also has been quite fun often.

The bookish football star - Videos - CBS News

The bookish football star - YouTube

And check out Fargo this season.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:26 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Really liked some of these movies too.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:57 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

W.C. Fields quotes. Start every day off with a smile and get it over with. W. C. Fields
Read more at: W. C. Fields Quotes - BrainyQuote

I do try but some of the crude and rude people on this Political Forum make it quite hard. My 224 613 Project perks me up especially when thinking of the various hospital or retired medical workers I have talked about it with or alluded to it.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Past AALL Annual Meeting Locations

I was a pest for these starting in Reno, Nevada in 1989 and going up through the one in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1996. Decided it was a waste of money sending all those snail mail letters out after 1996 to people who were going to go to these conventions. Trying to get them to actually just look at the letters I had received from lawyers, victim/witness assistance providers, Attorney Generals from various States, various association leaders, and many others.

All part of my 224 613 Project. I had been trying to get the help of CEOs, social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, movie stars, movie directors, movie studio heads, soap opera stars, soap opera writers, advertisers, etc. to spotlight the problem that these received letters showed.

Future Annual Meeting Dates and Locations Will be interesting to see what happens in these future AALL meetings.
Going back to why I started this thread. What's in your local law library that might be of help to survivors/victims of crimes?
Old 04-27-2017, 03:07 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Part of the binder that they gave me at the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus in late 1992 when I started in their study on stress on the unemployed. I had four taped interviews with Myra Young and had my blood drawn four times as well. This was about a 1.15 hour drive down from Rohnert Park, CA where we lived bordering the golf course and about 300 feet from the Red Lion Inn which was across the green from us.

Ms. Young looked at the maybe score of letters received I sent each time but waited until the very end of the study after our last interview to tell me that had a very good cause and that she wished me well.

I started using the number 613 in late 1992 in my letters to lawyers, victim/assistance providers, movie studio executives, CEOS but not Donald Trump that I can remember, social workers, victimologists, psychologists, writers, comedians, dancers, musicians, librarians, scholars, law school deans, etc. A great deal of work in fact and extremely stressful. I had been using 224 since early 1991.

I did sent them a few more letters after I had quit the study via snail mail but did not see much point of sending them more after that but have been communicating with many public health programs in various universities since then on Facebook and through other means.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The Villages Florida

Part of the binder that they gave me at the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus in late 1992 when I started in their study on stress on the unemployed. I had four interviews with Myra Young and had my blood drawn four times as well. This was about a 1.15 hour drive down from Rohnert Park, CA where we lived bordering the golf course and about 300 feet from the Red Lion Inn which was across the green from us.

Ms. Young looked at the maybe score of letters received I sent each time but waited until the very end of the study after our last interview to tell me that had a very good cause and that she wished me well.

I started using the number 613 in late 1992 in my letters to lawyers, victim/assistance providers, movie studio executives, CEOS but not Donald Trump that I can remember, social workers, victimologists, psychologists, writers, comedians, dancers, musicians, librarians, scholars, law school deans, etc. A great deal of work in fact and extremely stressful. I had been using 224 since early 1991.

I did sent them a few more letters after I had quit the study via snail mail but did not see much point of sending them more after that but have been communicating with many public health programs in various universities since then on Facebook and through other means.
It must be stressful having 17 degrees and never being capable of employment. I am sure every professor just passed you to shut you up. There is zero chance you ever contributed anything to the classroom setting except chaos.

Of course now that your parents are older you can say that you live with them to take care of them.

No one believes that.

Sad.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

Part of the binder that they gave me at the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus in late 1992 when I started in their study on stress on the unemployed. I had four taped interviews with Myra Young and had my blood drawn four times as well. This was about a 1.15 hour drive down from Rohnert Park, CA where we lived bordering the golf course and about 300 feet from the Red Lion Inn which was across the green from us.

Just ignore the trolls on here.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:25 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Kind of an interesting magazine and woman.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just ignore the trolls on here.
Talking to yourself as a third party? Or 4th or 5th, no matter, proves you are insane.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

Was excited to get this letter. It was not from whom I had written in the first place. I had written the Librarian of Congress James H. Billington - Wikipedia but heard back from the Law Librarian of Congress. Law Library of Congress - Wikipedia Jane Sanchez Named New Law Librarian of Congress | LJ INFOdocket

So glad that they now have a real librarian working as the Librarian of Congress.

I have a classmate from the U of Denver who now works at the Library of Congress.

No one cares but you.

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.