American Coup Started 12/17/09

Old 12-31-2009, 12:11 AM
n/a

Lightbulb Just a theory...

Perhaps the mainstream media doesn't run with some of these crackpot conspiracy theories because they spring from ill-informed or semi-informed bloggers that find it much more comfortable to hide behind a computer screen than to go out and actually "investigate" a story before they go running off at the mouth. Alas, newspapers are falling by the wayside and so is real, factual news.

It's amazing to me to see how many of you that are "Obama-bashers" do not want to come to grips with the way our world has changed. You can't seem to see beyond our particular borders. You completely ignore the changing demographics and consistently blame the President personally for everything that comes down the pike! Amazing!

Although, I know the reference to "black SUV's" was probably tongue-in-cheek, it's evident that some of you are beginning to believe this B.S. "Sleeper Cell" "Not even born in America" OMG! Somebody has been watching waaaaaayyyyyyyy too much TV!

Sometime back, the Conservatives realized that "fear" works. Just like the advertising business realized that sex sells products. Remember "You have nothing to fear but fear itself!" Ring a bell???

Well, I. for one, am not buying. I'm not buying the fear, I'm not buying the dramatic verbiage, I'm not buying the "stealth" conspiracy theories (a new one every week.) and most of all, I am not buying that this President, President Obama, or any President of the United States for that matter, is consciously and deliberately trying to bring down this country.

But, you know what will??? Fear!

Get a grip people and have a Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2009, 05:05 AM
n/a

Default Thank you

THANK YOU cabo35 for being a PATRIOT!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 AM
n/a

Gee - we want OUR law enforcement agencies recognized overseas to have 'law enforcement privileges'. Yet when the same move is made so that Interpol (which has a far better track record than we do) can reciprocate, we are giving up our sovereignty.

Perhaps the mainstream media isn't "in" in this BECAUSE IT'S NOTHING.

Perhaps the fact that the UK wouldn't let the Christmas terroris stay in their country says something.

Perhaps the fact that passengers are being made to undergo ever more combersome delays at the airport while the facts come out described as "one database failure after another" says something.

It the DATABASES aren't talking to each other, what good are they?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM
n/a

Default Sorry for expressing how I feel and think

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Perhaps the mainstream media doesn't run with some of these crackpot conspiracy theories because they spring from ill-informed or semi-informed bloggers that find it much more comfortable to hide behind a computer screen than to go out and actually "investigate" a story before they go running off at the mouth. Alas, newspapers are falling by the wayside and so is real, factual news.

It's amazing to me to see how many of you that are "Obama-bashers" do not want to come to grips with the way our world has changed. You can't seem to see beyond our particular borders. You completely ignore the changing demographics and consistently blame the President personally for everything that comes down the pike! Amazing!

Although, I know the reference to "black SUV's" was probably tongue-in-cheek, it's evident that some of you are beginning to believe this B.S. "Sleeper Cell" "Not even born in America" OMG! Somebody has been watching waaaaaayyyyyyyy too much TV!

Sometime back, the Conservatives realized that "fear" works. Just like the advertising business realized that sex sells products. Remember "You have nothing to fear but fear itself!" Ring a bell???

Well, I. for one, am not buying. I'm not buying the fear, I'm not buying the dramatic verbiage, I'm not buying the "stealth" conspiracy theories (a new one every week.) and most of all, I am not buying that this President, President Obama, or any President of the United States for that matter, is consciously and deliberately trying to bring down this country.

Well from this it sounds like I'm full of it. And anyone who feels the same way if full of it too. Fine, I won't post anymore. I'll let you tell us how to think from now on. When the country goes down the drain we'll know who to thank. Considering the national debt went from $3 trillion dollars to $12 trillion dollars in 9 months, no problem here.

We'll just stick our heads back in the sand, not question anyone anymore, and accept the debt our granddaughters and their children will have to pay just as long as you're happy.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:46 AM
n/a

I'm looking at the topic header and I see "American Coup". What does that have to do with the undeniable financial problems we have? What's the connection between giving Interpol a legally-defined recognition (the effects of which can be debated) and the debt problems you mentioned?

It's a complete non-sequitur.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
Getting into the holiday season, caring about my country and paying attention to what's happening around me are not mutually exclusive efforts... not withstanding of course, your suggestion to the contrary. Like most people, I can handle multi-tasking. Neat little thread hijack though. So....do you have any thoughts on the OP? Remember.....American Sovereignty Under Attack?

BTW were you the "anyexit" that recently posted around the Thanksgiving holiday, your thoughts regarding conservatives, "we just carry garlic, a wooden stake, a silver spatula, and a star of David and the holy cross to ward them off! So far, no harm has come to my family." Glad to see you've softened for the Christmas/New Year holiday season. Do you still wear the garlic during this joyous time of year or are you still trying to ward off those whose political views are inconsistent with your own. Thanks for the bump. Want to play some more? Having ancestry that has been traced back to 1729 in Chiusano San Domenico, Avellino, Italy, I assure you, I am immune to garlic. In fact, "I love the smell of napalm and garlic in the morning." Apologies to Robert Duvall and the Peter Cowie masterpiece, "Apocalypse Now." Yeah, I know, I have too much time on my hands but don't fret.....we have big family New Year's Eve bash tomorrow, back in the Villages on Saturday.

A safe and Happy New Year to you, your hubby and all TOTV contributors and administrators.
Aw man, and it's taken you this long to respond to some of my best stuff. I am so disappointed in you. The sky is NOT falling! ... and the word for the day is FEAR. You guys are starting to scare me.

Oh ... patriots come in all sizes, colors, sexes and political leaning.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 AM
n/a

Default The opposition loves free speech until one disagrees with them.

And we do try very hard to show their POTUS the same respect they showed ours!!!

Re-elect no one in2010 & 2012.

btk
Old 12-31-2009, 10:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Gee - we want OUR law enforcement agencies recognized overseas to have 'law enforcement privileges'. Yet when the same move is made so that Interpol (which has a far better track record than we do) can reciprocate, we are giving up our sovereignty. ?
Gee - you really missed the point. You do not understand that Obama's actions had nothing to do with reciprocation. Read the actual amendment that is referred to in the links attached. I will spare my posting friends and antagonists alike, the sufferance of repeating the concerns registered in my original post. Please feel free to reread them and counter on the points I cited, not contrived, abstract and largely irrelevant distractions from the issue. I have enjoyed your posting style even if I don't agree with some of your posts. This is not your best effort.

Interpol has been in existence since 1923. Our law enforcement professionals have been a part of Interpol for a long time. That would tend to mitigate your "reciprocity" and "privileges" points as both conditions already exist. Having spent 44 years in government and law enforcement service, I am curious on what criteria you base your assertion that "they" have a better track record. My professional experience in criminal justice and law enforcement, supplemented and including "moonlighting" for 10 years as a professor of Criminal Justice, a State Police Training Commissioner, and a Police Academy Director doesn't quite reconcile with your bold assessment.

I request you revisit my OP as I thought my usage of the King's English was quite clear about my concerns. You dodged them completely in a hip shot response that was not up to your usual quality post. I suggest you really read the links so you can debate the context of the concern with the amendments Obama passed "in the middle of the night". I respect your opinion even if we do not agree, but, please attack the core of the issue, not talking points from the left. I enjoy listening to good arguments that conflict with my own views. I have learned a lot from them. My mother was from Boston and worked for JFK. My father was from Newark and supported Barry Goldwater. I learned early on to respect opposing views.

You have railed in the past against wiretap evidence. Yet, you defend the unprecedented immunity, on American soil, that Obama has given to a world law enforcement agency, including American law enforcement in their ranks. He did this with calculated stealth. The factual result is inesapable and in my opinion, indefensible. With the stroke of a pen he rescinded prior agreements that gave American citizens and taxpayers Constitutional protections. He has manifestly, unilateraly and arbitrarily redefined American sovereignty, The Constitution and the Bill of Rights. This was done without the consent of Congress or more importantly, the people. He has imposed qualified exceptions on those protections. Is that legal?

If the original amendments were put in place to protect Americans and American sovereignty....why was it necessary for Obama to alter them?

Will you sleep better tonight knowing that Interpol, and agents from its 188 nation state members have been given extraordinary immunity from our Constitution while engaged on our soil. By the way, perhaps this research effort into Interpol membership will permit you to sleep better. Included in that elite World Police membership are representatives from, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iran, Somalia, Venezuela, Cuba, etc. etc.

Gee, I feel so much better knowing that as you suggest, Obama, with the stroke of his pen, has given Iran agents privileges and immunity on American soil while exercising their "membership". Yeah....I know, that's an exaggeration, a stretch and as Chelsea would say, the use of fear to make a point. Really, that could never happen.....right? Hmmm.....

BTW, are you a Seminar Poster? Just curious.

Seminar Caller/poster - A seminar caller is someone who telephones a conservative radio talk show for the purpose of astroturfing, which is the mass promotion of a particular product, service, or opposing political point of view as if it were genuinely spontaneous, or grassroots.

Many seminar callers try to portray themselves as regular people, claim to agree with the host's point of view, then begin to read a contrary opinion from an agenda or list of talking points widely circulated by a group or organization who oppose the views of the host.

Seminar callers get their name from the seminars they attend to learn how to most effectively get their message on the air.
From Wikipedia.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post

With all due respect Chelsea, on THIS board anyway, I see very little IF ANY of what you refer to.

I see actuall acts of the WH and Congress being talked about, not theories, nor hidden conspiracies.

I dont believe that this President is "consciously and deliberately trying to bring down this country.".....I DO believe that his background, training and record point to a very far left and governement controlled agenda. The simple lies he told about pork, tranparency, and strong use of political force may not bother you, but they are NOT theories..they are facts !

You call those who oppose this President "ill-informed or semi-informed"...yet you NEVER visit here with any contradicotry facts ever ! Just tell all of us how ill informed we are !
Old 12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyexit View Post
Aw man, and it's taken you this long to respond to some of my best stuff.
Oh my....if warding off conservatives by wearing garlic is an example of your best stuff...I seriously over estimated your ability to contribute meaningfully to the dialogue. My bad.

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
n/a

Cabo: Ok, to be fair, I went back and re-read the links you provided.

This strikes me as giving Interpol the same "rights" (and I use that term loosely) as the United Nations and all other diplomats. Using your own somewhat incendiary language, we've already elevated agents of Iran above our own law enforcement - diplomatic immunity.

Do I see this as a big deal? No. I wonder, for example, what the reciprocity is with our own agencies. After all, we've gotten away with some pretty nasty stuff in other countries (like taking prisoners to Eastern European countries so we can torture them there and not on American soil). I don't have a negative opinion of Interpol. If I did, I might feel differently about it. More specifically, I would have a problem with it if the United States were NOT a member of Interpol - but we ARE. In fact, Mr. Ronald Noble, the Secretary-General is an American.

Secondly, you ask if I'm a Seminar poster. In fact, this is the first I've heard of this term. I'd say "no" but, as I learned in mathematics, it's so difficult to "prove a negative".

I'm David Long, born David Whetstone and illegally adopted on September 25, 1962. My signature tells you where I grew up. I've been married and divorced twice, first time we were just too young, second one had the ex thinking the grass was greener elsewhere. I have two magnificent daughters from that second marriage - one just graduated college.

I was rather liberal when growing up - but times were tough. A single mother raised me with the help of family members - and the family was, more often than not, defined by bonds of friendship than by bonds of blood or marriage.

As I grew up and entered the job market, I got more conservative - the line from a co-worker "What makes you think the government owes you a living" being the single most influential thing anyone said to me regarding political views.

Over the years I also became a student of history as it became an increasingly fascinating topic to me.

Ronald Reagan struck me as exactly what the country needed in desperate times - and believe me, with 20% inflation and a 21% PRIME RATE (it's 3.5% now), things were desperate. We needed a charismatic leader who could inspire in addition to all the things a President is 'supposed to do'.

Through the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s, I've changed my mind on several things. I used to be a Catholic. I've gone to the left on SOME social issue and to the right on fiscal issues. I've railed against civil service rules that prevent the incompetent form being fired.

I also despise 'the double standard'. It's a hot button for me. The people who say that Obama is a Marxist intent on leading us down a Communist path (no matter WHAT evidence there is to the contrary) strike me as the same ones who said that Reagan was purposefully leading us into a nuclear war with the Soviets. Neither one of those groups could answer the question "Why?" with anything more than "Well, he just IS" - again, no matter how much evidence to the contrary.

No, I have no idea why the Interpol order was signed now. Doesn't seem to be a single news item about it. For all we know, it may be something Interpol applied for ages ago and only now worked it's way to the top to get signed.

Is this any different from when Reagan gave diplomatic recognition to the Vatican in 1984? Using the same kind of language, I could say that Reagan and Bush wanted to protect child rapists because that's what the Vatican was doing. In fact, they would go so far as to 'call' Boston Archbishop Law back to the Vatican 2 days before the Boston Police Department was to interview him regarding the infamous abuse scandals of those like Father Porter. At the time, the President could have renounced diplomatic recognition and expelled the ambassadors of the Holy See.

Interpol is in the business of fighting crime - specific kinds of crime according to their Constitution. Their Constitution even forbids fighting crimes that do not overlap countries. If they abuse the privileges they've been given here, we'll see what happens. (Probably nothing if the previous example is any indication)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.