Ann Coulter's Demonic.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 AM
n/a

Default Ann Coulter's Demonic.

Just borrowed one of Lake County Library System's copies of Demonic by Ann Coulter.

They still have a lot of copies available. This does not seem to be a very popular book in Lake County. At least, for library users.

You can get an idea about what this book is like from some of the Chapter Headings:

Chapter One. The Liberal Mob

Chapter Two. American Idols: The Mob's Compulsion to Create Messiahs

Chapter Three. Contradictions: You can lead a Mob to Water. But you can't make it think

Chapter Four. Crackpot Conspiracy Theories-- Or, as Liberals call them, "Theories"

Chapter Five. I'll see your Birth Certificate Conspiracy Theory and Raise you an October Surprise.

Chapter Eleven. Timothy McVeigh is now a Tea Partier

Chapter Fourteen. Status Anxiety: Please Like Me!

Chapter Seventeen. Lucifer: the Ultimate Mob Boss.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM
n/a

According to WIKI, she has written 8 books !!

Ann Coulter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
According to WIKI, she has written 8 books !!

Ann Coulter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have read a few of them. They are quite ingenious in how much she can twist words any which way she wants. She must be a brilliant lawyer.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM
n/a

She panders to her drones and then laughs all the way to the bank.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
She panders to her drones and then laughs all the way to the bank.
Isnt that terrible...thankfully we have the really good ones, you know, Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton...even Randi Rhodes. NO pandering to drones there, huh ?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:47 PM
n/a

Ann Coulter is a very bright, confident and articulate individual with an uncanning gift of insight into both people and situations. What her opponents seem to dislike is that they cannot intimidate her and that she is free from political correctness.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Ann Coulter is a very bright, confident and articulate individual with an uncanning gift of insight into both people and situations. What her opponents seem to dislike is that they cannot intimidate her and that she is free from political correctness.
Not really. She aims usually just at liberals. She is very politically correct if you are far to the right in political leaning. l I like satire and comedy but she mostly just rails at the left. She loves to hear herself talk I would bet.

I do not really like the writers who do the same to the right all that much either. I do look at both the works of people like Coulter as well as Michael Moore too though.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
n/a

@Tal, from your posts you make it sound like you are very familiar with Coulter and her style of writing. I'm curious why you checked out one of her books if, like you said, you don't like her style of writing?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Not really. She aims usually just at liberals. She is very politically correct if you are far to the right in political leaning. l I like satire and comedy but she mostly just rails at the left. She loves to hear herself talk I would bet.

I do not really like the writers who do the same to the right all that much either. I do look at both the works of people like Coulter as well as Michael Moore too though.
Taltarzac725: Being politically correct means: "a response phrased in such a way that no person or group is offended". Does that sound like Ann Coulter?
Her modus is quite the opposite. Attorneys love to debate or if you prefer argue...its their stock and trade. Ann Coulter has combined her political beliefs, humor, writing and attorney skill sets and delivers some very entertaining material. Because she is accurate in her accounting it continuallystumps liberals.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
@Tal, from your posts you make it sound like you are very familiar with Coulter and her style of writing. I'm curious why you checked out one of her books if, like you said, you don't like her style of writing?
She writes very well and is sometimes very funny. I usually just thumb through portions of her books. Demonic is supposedly quite good at the excesses of the French Revolution. Not sure how that relates to 21st Century liberalism though.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM
n/a

Ann Coulter is very good (she thinks) at rewriting history. Her mindless drones eat it up like it was the Gospel truth and regurgitate it with the certainty that their Queen is right - FAR RIGHT!!

Only thing that confuses me with Coulter is why she was so down on Newt as a presidential candidate. Could it be that even Newt had better sense than to associate himself with such a lunatic as Coulter?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM
n/a

She is very bright and quick witted, but I personally find her kind of take on our country disrespectful to so many people that differ from her views. Not at all helpful to the goal of a better America. Just more of the same old sarcastic garbage you can get on MSNBC or FOX NEWS. Different take/twist, but the same old trash never - the - less.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
n/a

interesting statments here ALSO.....

"Bill Maher, the largest donor to President Obama's super PAC, called Mormonism a "cult" on his HBO show last night, and said that donating money to that religion doesn't count as charity because it's "bulls---."

Largest Donor to Obama Super PAC Calls Mormonism a 'Cult' | The Weekly Standard

Not a comedian any longer....biggest donor they got.....suppose he speaks for the administration ?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
n/a

Is Mormonism a cult? Read the link and decide for yourself.

Are Mormons Christian? No. They believe in The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit as 3 different beings. That is not Christian.

Does that disqualify Romney as a President? No, he seems to be a very good man.http://mormoncult.org/
Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
n/a

There are a few other religions that do not teach the trinity (Unitarians, Assembly of God, etc) that perhaps we should then notify that they are a cult and nobody who worships with them may be President !

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.