Ann Coulter's Demonic.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
n/a

I don't want to know what my political leaders faith is. It has no place in politics. I want a leader that will treat all Americans the same be they Christian or Atheist. If they are Muslim, keep an eye on them all the time, but otherwise treat them the same also. Yea, Muslims make me very nervous.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post
I don't want to know what my political leaders faith is. It has no place in politics. I want a leader that will treat all Americans the same be they Christian or Atheist. If they are Muslim, keep an eye on them all the time, but otherwise treat them the same also. Yea, Muslims make me very nervous.
The White House's best PAC donor thinks it is an issue (his comments DO reflect on those who took all his money).....Romney was already asked about his faith on Monday, of course wrapped in race which is how they do it...he was asked whether he agreed with a passage in the Book of Mormon that describes cursing African Americans.

It is just the beginning I fear !!!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Ann Coulter is very good (she thinks) at rewriting history. Her mindless drones eat it up like it was the Gospel truth and regurgitate it with the certainty that their Queen is right - FAR RIGHT!!

Only thing that confuses me with Coulter is why she was so down on Newt as a presidential candidate. Could it be that even Newt had better sense than to associate himself with such a lunatic as Coulter?
Buggyone: She did so because she is well acquainted with all of the politicians in Washington. An educated guess is that she recognized that Newt would eventually implode before election day. She also has a favorable opinion of Romney overall. In retrospect I will have to agree with her. Romney is a guy who appeals to Wall Street. Wall Street is all about the economy. A good economy is good for all of us and so it is my way of saying I believe in the end Romney will appeal to a broad demographic (you and me too).

Personal Best Regards
Old 04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
The White House's best PAC donor thinks it is an issue (his comments DO reflect on those who took all his money).....Romney was already asked about his faith on Monday, of course wrapped in race which is how they do it...he was asked whether he agreed with a passage in the Book of Mormon that describes cursing African Americans.

It is just the beginning I fear !!!
If would hope Obama knows that junk will not fly with most Americans. I feel both Obama and Romney should ask their respective PACs to reject any monies from unsuitable donors like Bill M.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
If would hope Obama knows that junk will not fly with most Americans. I feel both Obama and Romney should ask their respective PACs to reject any monies from unsuitable donors like Bill M.
Yeah right !!!!

Obama will do whatever it takes, always has, and ALWAYS has others do this kind of "work".

Already a website tracking and trashing Romney donors.

Testing the waters on race and class, etc.

In Chicago when he began his career, he was a master at getting money, sometimes dubious, but he got it and amazing how opponents kept dropping out of elections against him especially his first .
Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
n/a

Coulter asserts that the Founding Fathers only meant to limit Congress' power to establish a state religion. I suppose that may be right if you ignore about 100 years of legal caselaw in the form of US Supreme Court decisions.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Coulter asserts that the Founding Fathers only meant to limit Congress' power to establish a state religion. I suppose that may be right if you ignore about 100 years of legal caselaw in the form of US Supreme Court decisions.
What has modern case law have to do with Constitutional Intent?

What you're adding up here, doesn't.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
There are a few other religions that do not teach the trinity (Unitarians, Assembly of God, etc) that perhaps we should then notify that they are a cult and nobody who worships with them may be President !
Once again, you do not take time to read what is written but jump to your conclusions blindly. That is a sorry trait.

Did I state that anyone who is not Christian is disqualified as President? No, I did not. I actually posed the hypothetical question if that would disqualify Romney. No, he is qualified and seems to be a good man.

If you wish to notify religions that do not teach the Holy Trinity that they are not Christians, go right ahead and do so. As I have stated earlier, I do not give a rat's bunny what you do or what you say about anything.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 AM
n/a

Default Only if you ignore the 14th Amendment and the Civil War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
What has modern case law have to do with Constitutional Intent?

What you're adding up here, doesn't.
Establishment Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coulter phrases her attack on liberals in terms of myths the mob buys. One of these is that the Constitution says nothing about establishing a state religion. She even points out that states have established their own religions. I did not see any examples yet.

She did not even bother to mention the many cases that make the Establishment Clause apply to the States. Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Nor does she mention the many states' that have their own Constitutions which ban establishing a state religion. Original and Early State Constitutions

Supreme Court cases have a lot to say about how you interpret the US Constitition. They have since Marbury vs. Madison which established judicial review over Congress' and the President's actions.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 AM
n/a

Keep in mind, Ann, Beck, Limbaugh, Maher, Colbert etc. etc. all make there living saying whatever it takes to make some angry and others happy. If they were all trying hard to come to an agreement, they would all be broke. Says a lot about their audience. Like this forum, if everyone agreed, it would not have anyone posting. I would go so far as to say if their was not hateful posts, a few would leave in boredom. Sad but true. We all have good and bad traits just like our opinions. I can't think of one person on this forum that is 100% right 100% of the time, but I could name a half a dozen that think they are.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Keep in mind, Ann, Beck, Limbaugh, Maher, Colbert etc. etc. all make there living saying whatever it takes to make some angry and others happy. If they were all trying hard to come to an agreement, they would all be broke. Says a lot about their audience. Like this forum, if everyone agreed, it would not have anyone posting. I would go so far as to say if their was not hateful posts, a few would leave in boredom. Sad but true. We all have good and bad traits just like our opinions. I can't think of one person on this forum that is 100% right 100% of the time, but I could name a half a dozen that think they are.
Well, of course, I am always right.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
You should be very, very nervous.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:48 AM
n/a

There is a Member of the US Congress who converted to Islam while in college. I went to law school at the U of MN with him but only knew of him and not him personally. There are usually about 800 law students hanging around every year as there are about 250 people in each law school class, along with foreign exchange students, as well as people going for advanced legal degrees. You may not really get to know that many of these 800 other people studying law.

Nothing about this man seems like he needs more watching than any other Member of Congress.

He has been a Muslim since before going to law school at the U of MN.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Establishment Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coulter phrases her attack on liberals in terms of myths the mob buys. One of these is that the Constitution says nothing about establishing a state religion. She even points out that states have established their own religions. I did not see any examples yet.

She did not even bother to mention the many cases that make the Establishment Clause apply to the States. Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Nor does she mention the many states' that have their own Constitutions which ban establishing a state religion. Original and Early State Constitutions

Supreme Court cases have a lot to say about how you interpret the US Constitition. They have since Marbury vs. Madison which established judicial review over Congress' and the President's actions.
There is no provision for "separation of church and state in the Constitution", anywhere.

The Courts gleaned that dishonest and stupid extrapolation from a letter that Jefferson wrote, but which was, with thought, not included in the Constitution.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
There is no provision for "separation of church and state in the Constitution", anywhere.

The Courts gleaned that dishonest and stupid extrapolation from a letter that Jefferson wrote, but which was, with thought, not included in the Constitution.
How is that "dishonest and stupid"? History News Network

"So what does Jefferson’s example tell us about the separation of church and state in the founding era? He believed in maximizing religious liberty, and getting the government to stop promoting specific denominations and policing people’s personal beliefs. But Jefferson was no modern-day secularist, either, as he could at least stomach attending church services in government buildings (especially when one of his devoted evangelical supporters was preaching!). Jefferson represents a kind of political animal we would never see today: a person skeptical about Jesus’s divinity and resurrection, yet backed by evangelical supporters who loved his deep commitment to religious liberty." from above History News Network article on Thomas Jefferson and the Separation between Church and State.

It looks like most of the writers of the US Constitution were actually deists. Wall of Separation Between Church and State » Founding Fathers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.