Another chuck of PROGRESS: Trump Moves to Open Nearly All Offshore Waters to Drilling

Old 01-06-2018, 02:40 PM
n/a

Default Another chunk of PROGRESS: Trump Moves to Open Nearly All Offshore Waters to Drilling

Old 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM
n/a

While I am not learned enough on this specific issue, I was under the impression this administration was for States rights.

"While the plan puts the administration squarely on the side of the energy industry and against environmental groups, it also puts the White House at odds with a number of coastal states that oppose offshore drilling. Some of those states are led by Republicans, like Gov. Rick Scott of Florida, where the tourism industry was hit hard by the Deepwater Horizon rig disaster in 2010 that killed 11 people and spilled millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Governor Scott vowed on Thursday to protect his state’s coast from drilling, saying he would raise the issue with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke."

Trump Moves to Open Nearly All Offshore Waters to Drilling - The New York Times
Old 01-06-2018, 04:07 PM
n/a

Old 01-06-2018, 04:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
While I am not learned enough on this specific issue, I was under the impression this administration was for States rights.

"While the plan puts the administration squarely on the side of the energy industry and against environmental groups, it also puts the White House at odds with a number of coastal states that oppose offshore drilling. Some of those states are led by Republicans, like Gov. Rick Scott of Florida, where the tourism industry was hit hard by the Deepwater Horizon rig disaster in 2010 that killed 11 people and spilled millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Governor Scott vowed on Thursday to protect his state’s coast from drilling, saying he would raise the issue with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke."

Trump Moves to Open Nearly All Offshore Waters to Drilling - The New York Times

My heart bleeds...

Old 01-06-2018, 04:13 PM
n/a

I'm guessing oil companies don't have as deep pockets. Another blow out, the oil company goes bankrupt and the taxpayer gets stuck with the clean up costs.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:21 PM
n/a

Quote:

* CHUNK of progress...
Old 01-06-2018, 05:51 PM
n/a

Default they forfeited

no ,,, states rights and the deficit have been forfeited by the GOP they can no long use those as excuses.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
no ,,, states rights and the deficit have been forfeited by the GOP they can no long use those as excuses.
That fact along with keeping so quiet publicly is why we are seeing the beginning of the end of the GOP.

Used to be the party of small govt (states rights), balance budget, and moral character. All gone
Old 01-06-2018, 07:34 PM
n/a

The world NEEDS oil...the world doesn't exist without oil...we use about 100 million barrels of oil a day...that's 4,200,000,000 gallons a DAY.

The problem is getting it out fast enough. The thin "sweet" oil has all been sucked up. We're left with old "dried up" wells that we have to frack. We're left with drilling in the arctic, out in the cold oceans, through 10 miles of water.

Alternative energy is pushed because we MUST find something to replace oil within about 50 years. The world's population keeps growing the demand for oil keeps growing. A billion Chinese want to live just like you and me...they CAN'T.

"Their solution"? Bring US down to their level. It's already happening...America IS 51% minorities and the standard of living is falling.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:38 PM
n/a

Drill baby! Drill!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
The world NEEDS oil...the world doesn't exist without oil...we use about 100 million barrels of oil a day...that's 4,200,000,000 gallons a DAY.

The problem is getting it out fast enough. The thin "sweet" oil has all been sucked up.
Your numbers are off by a factor of 5 but your statement on the thin oil is spot on.

"In 2016, the United States consumed a total of 7.21 billion barrels of petroleum products, an average of about 19.69 million barrels per day."

How much oil is consumed in the United States? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Old 01-06-2018, 10:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your numbers are off by a factor of 5 but your statement on the thin oil is spot on.

"In 2016, the United States consumed a total of 7.21 billion barrels of petroleum products, an average of about 19.69 million barrels per day."

How much oil is consumed in the United States? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
READ before you admonish...

Quote:
Quote:

The problem is getting it out fast enough. The thin "sweet" oil has all been sucked up.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
READ before you admonish...
My mistake.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
My mistake.
Thank you.

What's your opinion on alternative energy...knowing the amounts we use on a daily basis. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH more than we can capture from the sun, or we can capture from the wind. It needs to be portable too.

The world NEEDS a "Mr Fusion" a device that you put ANY matter into and it's converted to energy...scalable, portable, and efficient.

Got any ideas? We've probably got less than 50 years to find it.

Personally...I don't think we'll need it...I think as the worlds demographics changes...as it becomes more and more populated by "minorities"...stupid and poor black/brown people...there will be a decrease in demand as the entire world becomes 3rd world. ALL the "white" countries...the BEST countries...the countries that USE a lot of resources are being bred into black/brown sh!tholes compared to what they were. Already 80% of the worlds population is poor, living on less than $10 a day...that ratio is INCREASING, it will soon be 90% of the world is stupid and poor. WHAT do we do then? What happens when an "idiocracy" DOES arrive?

Do you REALLY think an America that is 80% minority is going to be a thriving and successful place? SHOW me a 80% minority place TODAY that doesn't suck...just ONE. So WHY do you think when America gets to that point that IT won't suck too? It WILL suck, it's already happening. Go into the major cities away from the business/tourist areas and it's VIOLENT, DANGEROUS...dirty and poor. And it's FULL of THEM. That OTHER species that they thrust upon us as "human". THEY are WHAT make it bad. Like an area ruled by wild dogs. 99% are INCAPABLE of success in a modern civilization.

Tags
offshore, waters, drilling, open, chuck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.